Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can't understand why...

People are asking questions about this game on this forum.. anyone who likes the game will post  on the official forums or be playing it.

You are all asking people who don't like the game if you should try it...

I'm not slating people who don't like it. It's your choice. The issue is that, based on these forums, I wouldn't have tried the game.

But I have tried it (in the last week) and I think its excellent. When I had played the free trial a fair bit my subscription and upgrade fee was handed over without question.

Stop asking people if you should try it and just try it.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Comments

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by aovannor

People are asking questions about this game on this forum.. anyone who likes the game will post  on the official forums or be playing it.
    You are all asking people who don't like the game if you should try it...
    I'm not slating people who don't like it. It's your choice. The issue is that, based on these forums, I wouldn't have tried the game.
    But I have tried it (in the last week) and I think its excellent. When I had played the free trial a fair bit my subscription and upgrade fee was handed over without question.
    Stop asking people if you should try it and just try it.

Sure try the free trial, then ask people if you should buy it if you're still unsure.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

I can understand you quite well, and I agree, but many are still doubtfull and will alwyas use websites like this. Why?

MMORPG.com is covering several, not just one game, and its easier to keep track of the market for gamers, and some have been here for many years, so I guess they like the place here.

And, as I remember, does not the official forum require a subscription? or is this changed? (Been subbed since 08, so is not paying attention..)

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I agree completly with everything you'v sed there. Not too sure about the official forums? you can at least read them on a trial account, which is something I suppose.

Ultimately I think its time for this game to get a re-review across the board, even thought release reviews were really good (from sites other than this). I didnt play at launch but apparantly it was bad. i reckon this should happen 'before' the expansion, I think it deserves more credit based on the state is in now, and hopefully even more when the expansion lands. Its the perfect time to take up the game with the expansion on the way.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • NatarayaNataraya Member Posts: 78

after cancelling AoC, been playing 18 months i deserve a break, i had some 15 days left in sub so i can still login, thou my forum account seems to be deleted right the moment i cancelled, prevent "byebye" threads and/or rants¿?

On Topic- Op is fkng right,  trial- then try, imo AoC is awesome game.