Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats apples new Devicemoney spinner? 3 hours till the big reveal.

coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

This might be a bit biased but its just for fun. and the Real answer is "probably" in there.

Comments

• n25phillyn25philly Member Posts: 1,317

It's typical apple, they are going to take something that everyone has already done better, put the most counter intuitive interface anyone could possibly be created on it, selling it for 2-3X the money it should ever be sold for, lie their asses off about what it actually does (if it's the rare occasion where they will actually talk about functionality) and then watch as the brain dead sheep act like it's a new invention and buy as many as they can get their hands on because it's shiny.

Brilliant!

member of imminst.org

• TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

How about they provide a web browser that can render Flash? :)

Apple will invent the flash enabled web browser one day.  Don't rush them, only one thing at a time.

member of imminst.org

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Tablet or game console.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by coffee

This might be a bit biased but its just for fun. and the Real answer is "probably" in there.

iPad Tablet

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35085524/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/?GT1=43001

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

oversized crappod

member of imminst.org

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712

well if you have bought stuff on itunes then its probably useful otherwise its garbage

i still say a $800 keyring would have more functionality then that thing

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by sinjin

iPad Tablet

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35085524/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/?GT1=43001

"The tablet's "most revolutionary impact is on the way people consume media in the home," he said. "You take it from room to room, you dock it next to your bed, it becomes your alarm clock. You dock in the living room, it’s a photo frame and a video server for your TV; you dock it in the kitchen, and it displays your recipes for you."

That's what they want to sell you. Docks for this thing. Of course $800 for an electronic reader also has some profit built in.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    Originally posted by grunty

Originally posted by sinjin

iPad Tablet

"The tablet's "most revolutionary impact is on the way people consume media in the home," he said. "You take it from room to room, you dock it next to your bed, it becomes your alarm clock. You dock in the living room, it’s a photo frame and a video server for your TV; you dock it in the kitchen, and it displays your recipes for you."

That's what they want to sell you. Docks for this thing. Of course $800 for an electronic reader also has some profit built in.

Its "almost" a good idea, but the problem is, netbooks can do all the same things now for less money.. and you can get most of them with 160GB HDDs.    Plus to me it looks pretty much like a big ipod touch... and reminds me of those humongous tv remotes they make for old people

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

mm!ipad saw what it is let me tell you its 5 years too late lol if it had been 3 d accessories for their iphone ok i would jump right in but a useless piece like that ,more exepnsive then a netbook less pouerfull also and bulkier screen smaller

all because its a touch screen

wait 6 month and you ll get the touch screen added to the netbook ,and netbook will still be way more popular .

like i say completelly uselless piece of technology

only governement will buy this since they always search for new ways to spend tax dollar usellesslly

netbook is a better piece of tecno and about 50% cheaper even if they they added the touch screen it would still be 400 $cheapper then ipad

those around me wont buy ipad they rater have a netbook lot more usefull.

• Hopscotch73Hopscotch73 Member UncommonPosts: 971

Well, there's one market it's going to devour, and that's the e-reader market.

Bye bye Kindle, bye bye Sony Reader, the iPad (shudder at the name, but I think that's purely a girl thing) looks perfectly poised to knock them out of the market.

Who wants "just" an e-reader when you can also have something that plays games and movies and lets you check your email and surf the web? The iBook-store will take off like iTunes, no question (especially with the big 5 publishers on board and their use of the epub format).

Main problem I see with it is lack of multitasking, seems a pointless restriction (to preserve battery life?). I'd like to be able to read a book and listen to music at the same time. I could do that on a netbook, sure, but a netbook is not as well-designed for reading.

If they sort out multitasking and stick in a camera, I may be interested. Going by the iPod and iPhone, that should be around version 3.0. So, a bit down the line then.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

mm!netbook is superior in every way but one its the touch screen and that feature isnt enough to justify buying ipad

you can do everything ipad does and a lot more on netbook for a lot cheaper.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by Hopscotch73

Well, there's one market it's going to devour, and that's the e-reader market.
    Bye bye Kindle, bye bye Sony Reader, the iPad (shudder at the name, but I think that's purely a girl thing) looks perfectly poised to knock them out of the market.

It's funny but two of my friends said the exact  same thing. Apartment mate was sayijng  how it woudl be great for students because of it's reader capabilities. A female friend said the exact same thing as you!

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Daemonic-DazDaemonic-Daz Member Posts: 16

Hehe, oversized Ipod Touch indeed. My sisters been suckered into buying one for her birthday, although I can't say much because I got a Macbook for my work based stuff. >_>