Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Give it a try?

SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

or give it a miss?

It's been out nearly a month and I'm hearing very little about the game.

Comments

• popalxpopalx Member UncommonPosts: 90

I wanted to ask the same thing.

Should I give it a try ?

I'm a member of Coloholics Anonymous.

• BountytakerBountytaker Member Posts: 323

I'd be very wary.  As of right now, the single player portion of the game is significantly gimped, and the P.O. portion is little more than a trading game.  It doesn't come close to being an mmo in its design.  The lure for the online part is NOT competition or cooperation, but instead ACCESS to the core features that they took away from the gimped single player.

Also, according to records/financial reports on the French Commerce Departments website, the company (Monte Cristo Multimedia) the company is in DIRE financial straights.  They have LOST money for three straight financial years, and are likely to lost nearly 4 million USD for fiscal year 09.  Which means there's a chance that by the summer, this game won't even have any servers left to play on.

I'd be EXTREMELY wary about playing this game right now.  Better to wait until March, when they MAY disclose their financial health and plans for making the game "more mmo".

• ConavarConavar Member Posts: 27

I enjoyed the beta so although I didn't rush out and buy CitiesXL straight away, I was hoping to pick it up after a month or two of 'live bug testing'. After reading a few threads here there is no way I'm going to waste money on it. I don't want to get ripped off by greedy devs thank you!

Such a pity cos it was a promising concept, and as others have stated, filled the city building gap.

Common sense is not a Sixth sense

• ZarobienZarobien Member UncommonPosts: 24

I tested it month back or so...

As a city builder it had a lot of short comings. The multiplayer part was traiding, and it lagged whole game out because of the cancellations and such.

So I rather go with the offline builders...