Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Potential game breaking feature- cash shop items for zone chat

13»

Comments

• TyrrhonTyrrhon Member Posts: 412
    Originally posted by Rockgod99

I have never had an issue sinking a few bucks in a cash shop. 
    I played Atlantica Online for about 6 months and only paid about twenty bucks in the shop.
    It was an enjoyable game.

Ah Atlantica. That was one well made F2P, designed from start as such. Rather cheap with game mechanics where lag matters little but with tons of little extras like community building tools and ofc completely different combat. And they listened to players - western players prefer subscription so they gave them month long licences and licence bundles so in the end you could play it somewhat  as P2P with "box cost" and "monthly fee". And they had PvP where CS items had diminished effect to give everyone a fighting chance, it still matered at top but you need skill and experience too. Also it made the top novelty items like special mounts quite expensive yet not out of reach - simply by making them obtaineable via lottery. And they had a daily xp soft limit in place like Allods has with fatigue.

Thing is Allods with the praying perfumes to remove death penalty and payed yet cheap zone chat may be trying for a subscriptioin of a kind and that is not necessarily bad if it is tradeable in game and possible if necessary to do without. The alternatives are what? Costumes? Will need to attract lots of casuals, powergamers care little. Selling gear? Keep it reasonable, another RoM this time with forced PvP and I am done with western F2Ps.

Oh and one thing - if I enjoy the game I make sure I am consuming some cash shop items even if I do not buy them all myself. For the company it does not matter who pays the money. But if you keep evading cash shop they will eventually try to ram it down your throat.