Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: Will Mortal Online have a January 2010 launch? 1 day until the end of the month and still no

Comments

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Originally posted by thinktank001
    I wonder how many people would still buy if they offered the game at a 50% reduction on the box price and monthly subscription. 
    box price:  $25
    subscription price: $7.50

I think it would be a fairly acceptable price until they get the game fairly fleshed out.    My only concern with the reduction in price is would the people that pre-ordered feel like they got scammed, or would their time in " beta " feel as adequate compensation? 

Anyone that would pay $25 and $7.50 for this game would also very likely pay the retail prices that will indeed be charged when the games DOES launch.

Even if it was "half-price", all the nay-sayers would be bitching that it "should be free". The non stop complaints, trolling, and whining about this game simply won't stop. The only thing that will slow all the negativity down is the game having some level of success.

- Zaxx

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558
    Originally posted by seniorfrito

I don't see this game releasing for another couple of months at the very least. I mean the "core features" they speak of are far from polished. They're so smudged up with bug guts right now it's not even funny. All anyone has to do is log into the game and engage in combat. It's ridicolus (spelled incorrectly on purpose because I felt like it). Frankly I don't care about the game anymore. It has completely failed my expectations so far and being so close to release is not a good sign. A release means they think that they've got a nice working product. So if this is what we can come to expect from them, the future of this game is not going to be good.

the thing is given time it will be ok

Originally posted by Maverick123w

I don't think it will from I saw yesterday.  I don't know how much they were letting us see in the stress test, but combat was terrible.  It may have been the lag but it seemed to take far to long to swing your weapon.  The world, while beautiful, was also pretty barren.
    They also desperately need a tutorial.

thats the starter axe heh

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Originally posted by thinktank001

I wonder how many people would still buy if they offered the game at a 50% reduction on the box price and monthly subscription. 
    box price:  $25
    subscription price: $7.50

I think it would be a fairly acceptable price until they get the game fairly fleshed out.    My only concern with the reduction in price is would the people that pre-ordered feel like they got scammed, or would their time in " beta " feel as adequate compensation? 

I would think it depends on what is available in the game right now or at launch. If only 50% of the claimed features are working this would probably be better. And maybe a subscription of $11.00 a month.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• SaorlanSaorlan Member Posts: 289

Well as it stands the only things you can do in MO are PvP, explore and crafting. 

There is not enough in there to keep players yet. 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I think many are being unfair to this small developer.Sure they have made some false claims,i don't think that is anything new,i see it from all developers.

These guys put up their own money,so you can bet they are trying VERY hard.Many developers out their are spending/wasting investors money,example SGW,so they have little to lose.These guys have a lot to lose,so no question,they will eventually get this game into playable shape.

I look at this game as probably being the same as FE or DF,big empty worlds,not much content,just games for people to PVP in.The consensus i get,is that this seems to be the current trend,people just want PVP and no content.My gut tells me this game will be a tad more creative in the combat department than both FE and DF and the game world will probably be a little nicer.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Size of the company is no excuse for releasing a poor product... especially if they are charging the same as a AAA title.  Their patch system was apparently donated by a fan... and it shows.  That's why there are hundreds of posts complaining about it... who knows how many more just took it as a sign of things to come and simply deleted without posting?

It will be interesting to see if they suddenly "release" the game overnight.  Remember.. they are the same company that gave a whole 4 hours notice for their first open StressTest... it wouldn't suprise me if Friday had a post saying they were live as of midnight...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Excalaber2Excalaber2 Member UncommonPosts: 360

No, my guess is February 15th.  True story.

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post and is not here to promote any negative energy. Although this may be a criticism, it is not meant to offend anyone. If a moderator feels the post is inappropriate, please remove it immediately before it is subject to consideration for a warning. Thank you.

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Size of the company is no excuse for releasing a poor product... especially if they are charging the same as a AAA title.  Their patch system was apparently donated by a fan... and it shows.  That's why there are hundreds of posts complaining about it... who knows how many more just took it as a sign of things to come and simply deleted without posting?

It will be interesting to see if they suddenly "release" the game overnight.  Remember.. they are the same company that gave a whole 4 hours notice for their first open StressTest... it wouldn't suprise me if Friday had a post saying they were live as of midnight...

Don't take this the wrong way...but it sounds like someone didn't get in stress test :/

I say this because out of all the crazy things you could end the sentence "this is the same company that" with, you chose the fact that they didn't give enough time about a stress test which is very, very recent information.  There has been worse!

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post and is not here to promote any negative energy. Although this may be a criticism, it is not meant to offend anyone. If a moderator feels the post is inappropriate, please remove it immediately before it is subject to consideration for a warning. Thank you.

Originally posted by Saorlan

Well as it stands the only things you can do in MO are PvP, explore and crafting. 
    There is not enough in there to keep players yet. 

Woot, that's still 2 more fun features than darkfall has.

• ozy1ozy1 Member Posts: 309

If it does come out by the end of this month, it will be bumpy just like Darkfall,

I think even if they release in two months it will still be bumpy ride for them. I also think alot of people are gona slag it either way, But just like Darkfall it will blossom over time. We need more game like this, all of you need to relise this. I for one will sub to both Darkfall and Mortal Online because I want to see more of these games come out in the future.

Playing Darkfall EU1 Server

Originally posted by Wizardry

I think many are being unfair to this small developer.Sure they have made some false claims,i don't think that is anything new,i see it from all developers.
    These guys put up their own money,so you can bet they are trying VERY hard.Many developers out their are spending/wasting investors money,example SGW,so they have little to lose.These guys have a lot to lose,so no question,they will eventually get this game into playable shape.
    I look at this game as probably being the same as FE or DF,big empty worlds,not much content,just games for people to PVP in.The consensus i get,is that this seems to be the current trend,people just want PVP and no content.My gut tells me this game will be a tad more creative in the combat department than both FE and DF and the game world will probably be a little nicer.

the thing alone the craftign aspect in this game is alot of content in it self. there going to be more stuff added in for other things

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Looks like the natives are getting restless on the official forums.

Wonder if SV will actually reply with a confirmation of delay (or release)...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

Waiting until the 30th and then saying "game is releasing tomorrow" would be a huge disaster.   lol...  I can't even believe we are talking about stuff like this.  Most incomplete game ever released, they have not even completed all the lore yet.

Originally posted by rlmccoy1987

Waiting until the 30th and then saying "game is releasing tomorrow" would be a huge disaster.   lol...  I can't even believe we are talking about stuff like this.  Most incomplete game ever released, they have not even completed all the lore yet.

i doubt its going to release in 3 days

• AlienShirtAlienShirt Member UncommonPosts: 621

And what exactly do you mean by launch/release? If you mean opening up the game so even more people can pay for an early beta game then yeah it just might launch/release in January.

• 9GreenMen9GreenMen Member Posts: 62

I really hope it doesn't launch in the next month or two, I haven't even played the game but it doesn't take a genius to know the general consensus of opinion regarding the game's state. I got excited about this game when I very first heard about it, everything from full loot, crafting, housing and the open world sandbox style of play.

Another big selling point for me was the fact of awesome PvE encounters which are talked about on the official site - these so-called one time creatures that once implemented could only be killed once and they would yield great things, either weapons, or (and better and more realistic in my opinion) awesome craft reagents. Imagine killing a dragon and using its claws and/or teeth as a high quality blade for a dagger!

This is why I'm very much hoping that this game will survive and blossom over a year like darkfall has, and get everything implemented. That's when I'll be trying it...hopefully.

So be smart on release (not entirely bug-ridden) and survive long enough to let this game acheive its potential from the initial vision.

Currently playing: No MMOs
    Played properly: WoW
    Tried: AoC, WAR, Aion, Darkfall
    Looking forward to: FFXIV, Earthrise, The Secret World, Guild Wars 2 (very much), Project Copernicus (and Mercury for that matter), Everquest and Planetside Next (finally a meaningful mmofps again)
    Wants to play in 2 years time if it survives from the subscriptions of fanatics and turns into the game with all features stated on the website: Mortal Online

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272
    Originally posted by 9GreenMen

I really hope it doesn't launch in the next month or two, I haven't even played the game but it doesn't take a genius to know the general consensus of opinion regarding the game's state. I got excited about this game when I very first heard about it, everything from full loot, crafting, housing and the open world sandbox style of play.
    Another big selling point for me was the fact of awesome PvE encounters which are talked about on the official site - these so-called one time creatures that once implemented could only be killed once and they would yield great things, either weapons, or (and better and more realistic in my opinion) awesome craft reagents. Imagine killing a dragon and using its claws and/or teeth as a high quality blade for a dagger!
    This is why I'm very much hoping that this game will survive and blossom over a year like darkfall has, and get everything implemented. That's when I'll be trying it...hopefully.
    So be smart on release (not entirely bug-ridden) and survive long enough to let this game acheive its potential from the initial vision.

The sad thing is, they are still hyping their "epic PvE battles" and the idea that if you kill the boss mob, it's dead forever -- which has not been seen nor heard of in the game at all yet. And they are mentioning this in previews that were delivered yesterday.
  • 9GreenMen9GreenMen Member Posts: 62

Yea I've seen that, is it the one with eurogamer you're talking about? It's shame because the ideas and game have such potential.

Still hoping it heals up though even if it does take a year to a year and a half, because this would be an awesome game.

I also know I am being (nearly) blindly optimistic in this case :P

Currently playing: No MMOs
    Played properly: WoW
    Tried: AoC, WAR, Aion, Darkfall
    Looking forward to: FFXIV, Earthrise, The Secret World, Guild Wars 2 (very much), Project Copernicus (and Mercury for that matter), Everquest and Planetside Next (finally a meaningful mmofps again)
    Wants to play in 2 years time if it survives from the subscriptions of fanatics and turns into the game with all features stated on the website: Mortal Online

Just remember, the lore is not even done yet.

Updated the OP to reflect the correct days.

Yea I've seen that, is it the one with eurogamer you're talking about? It's shame because the ideas and game have such potential.
    Still hoping it heals up though even if it does take a year to a year and a half, because this would be an awesome game.

givne time the game will be epic but it just need smore time cause they are working hard on it. and every patch brings improvmeants.

btw game delayed /endthread

Still no official update on the matter.  Waiting 2 days before and not saying anything is ridiculous.

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272
    Originally posted by downtoearth

givne time the game will be epic but it just need smore time cause they are working hard on it. and every patch brings improvmeants.

On a long enough timeline, they could complete the game to be decent.

Unfortunately with the management of SV, plus the expertise (or lack thereof), that will be several years away -- and by then it will look like UO does to us now.

Originally posted by HerculesSAS

Originally posted by downtoearth

On a long enough timeline, they could complete the game to be decent.

Unfortunately with the management of SV, plus the expertise (or lack thereof), that will be several years away -- and by then it will look like UO does to us now.

"lack thereof"