Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So EA shipped me the wrong platform version of ME2...

Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257

I'll start off by declaring this will most likely be one of the last products I purchase from the EA online store. I ordered the PC PLATFORM version of Mass Effect 2 back in 12/9/09 with my birthday discount and I've been in agony waiting for it to get here ever since. Came in the mail on 1/25/10 but didn't pick it up until today. When I opened the box with haste, what do I find? The XBOX360 version of Mass Effect 2!

Now the shipping confirmation email I got didn't specify what platform I order so I couldn't respond saying they had shipped the wrong platform. The shipping slip that came in the box said I ordered the (English Only)XBOX360.

Here's where I start to get extremely agitated.

I log onto to my account on EAstore.com to check my order history to see if I did, accidentally, order the Xbox version. No order history. I know for a fact that I ordered it from the PC section of their website, but I know legally only documents matter. SOO I check my order confirmation:

Product Name: Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition (Pre-Ordered)

Anticipated Released Date: January 25, 2010

Qty Ordered: 1

Amount: $69.95

Discount: 25%

Tax: $0.00

Total: $52.46

Discount: $24.48

Again, doesn't specify which platform I ordered it for. Interesting that they don't specify that but then don't save my order history. So in my quest to contact them, I've sifted through countless customer support pages, "contact us" pages, been redirected to their press page, and still have yet to find a number to call them.

You'd think somewhere in this extensive paper trail they would mention if I ordered it for PC or XBOX360, but I suppose not.

I'm just expressing my aggravation at EA.

Comments