Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gaming Keyboards

ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

EDIT

Out of these keyboards which will you guys recommend.

Logitech G110

Logitech G15

steelseries Merc Stealth

Saitek Cyborg

Razer Arctosa

Razer Lycosa

my bad

Those are the only choice I have considering Logitech 19 is so damn expensive.=/

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

My favorite are the Saitek models.

• SlineerSlineer Member Posts: 246

The g15 has an lcd screen, which once you have you will fall in love with! Also check out the G19, its got a colored lcd screen. IMO the best is the original G15 but I'm not sure how you'd find one of those now.  The next best choice from there is a G19 which will be slightly more pricey but has double the macro keys as the g15 revision 2. 

For reference the original G15 has 18 macro keys X 3 modes, G15 R2 has 6 keys X 3 modes and you cannot adjust the lcd screen angle, G19 has color, tilt adjustable lcd and 12 keys X 3 modes but needs to be plugged into a power outlet as well as a usb port.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

If you're looking for Macros, the Saitek Eclipse doesn't have them. I own one, it's a great board, but I don't use keyboard macros. If I do, I just make them myself and bind them to my mouse usually.

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

any saitek models with macros and have good reviews?

Also, the G19 is just out of my price range.... =/

• RectifyerRectifyer Member Posts: 103

I'd personally go with the Razer Lycosa :) 

My friend bought the razer lycosa recently he likes it but the reviews for it are VERY mixed, saying how the keys wear out extremely quick and get stuck. Also, does it have macros?

• DiiusDiius Member Posts: 19

I had a Saitek Eclipse for about 2 years, works fine, but didn't like not having any macro keys on the board.

Went and picked up a G11, which is pretty cheap nowadays. Has worked great, the keys have not warn down on my end. Overall, a pretty nice keyboard. 

Can you link me to a site where I can get the G11? Most of the ones I saw were UK sites and after exchange rates its pretty much the same as a G110

• DiiusDiius Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by ozerinx

Can you link me to a site where I can get the G11? Most of the ones I saw were UK sites and after exchange rates its pretty much the same as a G110

Hm, from what I looked at, it does seem to be the same price.

I got it on sale for like 30 bucks, so that could be it.

• RectifyerRectifyer Member Posts: 103

No I don't believe the lycosa has designated macros, but you can program ANY key to do whatever you want it to do.

lol Thanks I will keep looking....

With the Razer Lycosa if I set macros to my regular keys wouldn't it make it so I can't use my keyboard basically.

I want to make macros liek alt+1,2,3,4,5 etc that type of things.

Also, what is the difference between the Razer Lycosa and Razer Arctosa... I know Arctosa don't have color LED lights.. but what else?

Saitek has come out with the  Cyborg that have macros.  Its also a fair bit larger then the rest of the Saitek Keyboards. 

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

I have the G19 only reason I nabbed one is because of a boxing day sale. I upgraded from a G15.

I like that I can change the backlit keys to any colour, I like the mini colour screen too, handy for youtube and stuff. There are more macro keys too.

If I was too pick between the g15 and g110 I would go g15 personally.

• sage69sage69 Member Posts: 40

pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/en104wh.html

the best board you will ever own

• Focus*BankaiFocus*Bankai Member Posts: 219
    u should look up the saitek cyborgs they have macro keys and customizable lights. i really like mine.

I've never actually had a keyboard with a screen... is it REALLY that good? lol the screen on G15 looks ghetto compared to the G19.... Price wise I'm leaning towards Arctosa or Lycosa..... Which one would people recommend out of those two?

EDIT

I also took a look at the Saitek Cyborg it also looks like a good keyboard but how does it compare to the Razer Arctosa or Lycosa.. The reviews for all 3 of these keyboards are pretty similar...

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

I use a Merc Stealth, was Ideazon but they got bought out and is sold by Steel series now. Awesome keyboard that's completly programmable, I wouldn't use anything else now.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    mm!op!i use merc stealth its a good keyboard with ton of feature!
    dont know that microsoft one but if its not a cheapo its probably good
    im using microsoft headphone and i got to say for the price they are awsome,dont forget to activate the protection since
    you might break them without the protection.this is my second set of microsoft(nono first was fine but it got stuck in my air ride seat in my big rig and was broken because of that lol)i tried verious one after that and i have come to the conclusion that i cant beat microsoft quality for the price
    now if they can release a good wireless version i ll be in perfect armony with my computer karma!
  • SigrandSigrand Member UncommonPosts: 367

I also use the G11, it's a great board.  It does everything I need it to and has 18 programmable macro keys, with 3 modes.  You can program the macros for each application, giving you 54 macros PER application, which I think is just great.  They're very cheap these days too.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

I have been looking at Logitech G110, G15, Razer ones, Saitek Eclipse, Steelseries..
    I am looking for one that has macros and have nice feel to the keys. I am currently using the natural ergomatic 4000 from Microsoft. Are there any other that I should take a look into, or recommendations that I should get?
    With Logitech G110 and G15, I can't seem to decide between these two as to which is better, the price range is pretty similar for these two now.

EDIT 
    Whats the difference between Logitech G110 and Logitech G11

Bah, non of the above is my opinion. 

I use a Wolf King Timber Wolf with a Razer Naga mouse. With the new drivers for the naga it's like having a G13 on the side of your mouse without the lua or LCD screen. 

17 buttons of pure win 12 of which can either be 1234567890-= or num1234567890-= by default or 

with the new drivers you can create profiles and create custom keybindings for it, or you can create macro's and assign the macros to the different keys. 

12 keys at the disposal of your thumb to me is plenty of macro's XD. 

The Timberwolf is just pure win because of it's design in my eyes. Normal keyboard without the number pad but with a circular gaming pad on the left hand side where most commonly used keys are withing easy reach increase response time a great deal. 

One thing I am considering to add to my peripherals is the splitfish fragX controller. Just for the left portion. If it works out well enough it could replace my keyboard for everything other than chatting. I mean between that and the Razer Naga I would have everything I needed. One trigger shift for sprinting and shift+1 shift+2 kind of commands and the other trigger for spacebar. 

Direction pad for targeting. Analog stick for WASD. And I'm fairly set. At least thats my hope. Going to pick one up to try it soon, hoping to see a review of it for PC first though. 

edited the opening post a bit.

The Saitek Eclipse III doesn't have programable keys.  Those are for default desktop stuff like opening your email and changing the volume.

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

EDIT
    Out of these keyboards which will you guys recommend.
    Logitech G110
    Logitech G15
    steelseries Merc Stealth
    Saitek Eclipse III
    Those are the only choice I have considering Logitech 19 is so damn expensive.=/

G15

Solid, somewhat spill/water proof, little screen (once utilised with programmes) is awesome.  Programmable keys are great (though i hardly use them).  Its just an all round decent keyboard.  Also who doesn't like changing songs in the middle of a game with the push of a button (no programmes needed)

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• It's pathetic!!. That PC gamer get the latest in gaming technology and automatic get a step up on the competition because of the hardware. This is truly a sign of being a noob.

That why I enjoy playing either on a PS3/XBOX where all share the type of hardware. Nobody have a technology advantage.

Hardcore PC gamer dont need a G15 or G19 keyboard.