Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forgets your MMOS: Mass Effect 2 is soooon!.

TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

MASS EFFECT 2. 

Well...   Mass Effect 2 will open soon (about 6 days if you are europian).   this mean that in 6 days you can stop playing the garbage  soloers-heaven-grinding-boring-kill-30-rats  "RPG" game and play a real RPG  (as real as RPG's of the type of Mass Effect are, that is not much, but ages more than any "MMORPG" "game" ) 

REPENT YOURSELFVES. 

Edit:
ooosp... how can I delete threads?

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

There are no other games besides MMORPG's, and you are in the wrong section.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IlvaldyrIlvaldyr Member CommonPosts: 2,142

Pre-ordered and waiting with baited breath!

I'm hoping it's awesome; it'll have to go some to trump my favourite games of the past few months; Assassin's Creed 2, Uncharted 2 and Dragons Age: Origins.

But yeah, it's funny how my entire MMO playing habits go straight out of the window the second a great new single/multiplayer game launches. Sometimes I wonder if I'm not really a fan of MMOs, but just use them to fill in the time between sweet single-player releases.

P.S. Bioshock 2, Feb 9th.

Wrex.

Playing: EVE, Final Fantasy 13, Uncharted 2, Need for Speed: Shift
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by Ilvaldyr

I'm hoping it's awesome; it'll have to go some to trump my favourite games of the past few months; Assassin's Creed 2, Uncharted 2 and Dragons Age: Origins.
    But yeah, it's funny how my entire MMO playing habits go straight out of the window the second a great new single/multiplayer game launches. Sometimes I wonder if I'm not really a fan of MMOs, but just use them to fill in the time between sweet single-player releases.
    Wrex.

Yeah can't wait for ME2.  I was looking forward to Bioshock 2. Till I saw what they are doing with it.  Securom + Games for Windows Live.  I'll have to pass, or maybe just get it for Xbox360.  After dealing with a Dvd Drive dying then causing Securom to go ballistic when I got a new one (while playing BIoshock).  I try to stay away from games that use it whenever possible.  Unless it's something I really must have.  Bioshock 2 while I was interested in it, I didn't think the sequel was really necessary.   Starting to think developers are trying to push people away from PC and towards Consoles.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• ImixZinzImixZinz Member CommonPosts: 553

Prepared to be nickle and dimed to death by Bioware. Seems to be a new trend of theirs.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Yay the exact same game they have been making since KOTOR on xbox with new graphics and a different story.  This formula was already boring me to tears by the end of the KOTOR series.  Mass Effect and Dragon Age were both more of the same.  Worth it if you like the stories though.

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    Originally posted by ImixZinz

Prepared to be nickle and dimed to death by Bioware. Seems to be a new trend of theirs.

haha this guy.

• I think that Mass Effect will last 20-30 hours for me. When it complete it will packed on the shelves.

• ScyrisScyris Member UncommonPosts: 149
    Heh I already have Mass Effect 2 and been playing it for 2-3 days. Its a good game other than the fact they simplified alot of it compared to ME1. I'm about 14 hours in. Haven't come across any game breaking bugs yet either, which is a good sign.
  • ScyrisScyris Member UncommonPosts: 149
    Originally posted by Roin

Originally posted by Ilvaldyr

Wrex.

Yeah can't wait for ME2.  I was looking forward to Bioshock 2. Till I saw what they are doing with it.  Securom + Games for Windows Live.  I'll have to pass, or maybe just get it for Xbox360.  After dealing with a Dvd Drive dying then causing Securom to go ballistic when I got a new one (while playing BIoshock).  I try to stay away from games that use it whenever possible.  Unless it's something I really must have.  Bioshock 2 while I was interested in it, I didn't think the sequel was really necessary.   Starting to think developers are trying to push people away from PC and towards Consoles.

Or you could just use a no-cd crack or something and that'll fix the secure rom problem. Alot of people who own the games use the cracks because its just easier for some games.
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Originally posted by ProfRed

Yay the exact same game they have been making since KOTOR on xbox with new graphics and a different story.  This formula was already boring me to tears by the end of the KOTOR series.  Mass Effect and Dragon Age were both more of the same.  Worth it if you like the stories though.

Are you actually complaining that an RPG is well... an RPG?

Looking forward to ME2, already pre-ordered CE (without extra cost <3) and looks like we'll get some goodies on day one as well.

They seem to have picked out all the issues that bugged me in the first one as well (updated shooter mechanics, no more boring side stuff and planets, ...).

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719

Only if you are up to Bioware style of RPGs. Even I cannot play single player game for more than few days I like Bethesda style much more.

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
    ______\m/_____
    LordOfDarkDesire
  • ImixZinzImixZinz Member CommonPosts: 553

I've got the same problem with ME2 as i did with ME1, i just can't get into it. I'm not a stargate or babylon 5 or star trek fan, so right off the get go the setting doesn't appeal to me.

I play through the begining until i get the the first "lull", and i just heavy sigh and exit game, same as ME1.

I dunno if its the sci fi setting or single player, or just the way bioware makes the same game over and over.

Uninspiring combat for 5 minutes followed by 30 minutes of chat wheel. /yawn

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

Woot my local gamestop is doing a midnight release party. Ill be playing by 1am : )

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

I'm 10 hours into ME2 and its amazing. Better then Dragon Age imho.