Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Population on the last 2 saturday

2»

Comments

• BrixonBrixon Member UncommonPosts: 259

It's a disturbing trend with MMO makers, to see how mush tripe we will tolerate. They just keep rushing out buggy unfinished games on us, and we are expected to accept this because of the greater vision of what the game COULD become.

I understand MMO's are never really finished, but Alganon as release was just an insult to us as gamers.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by Brixon

It's a disturbing trend with MMO makers, to see how mush tripe we will tolerate. They just keep rushing out buggy unfinished games on us, and we are expected to accept this because of the greater vision of what the game COULD become.
    I understand MMO's are never really finished, but Alganon as release was just an insult to us as gamers.

They release them early because to them it's worth it. Whenver an MMORPG (or a game in general) is released, you should wait some weeks for the necessary patches. But people don't do so. They want to be the first to play and hit max-level. And as long as people do that the companies will release games too early. People buy them anyway.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• brett7018brett7018 Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Originally posted by Fodfod

"I can only tell you what I have seen the last two Saturday nights during what I would consider peak times (8-11 EST).

Adrios Server had 37 on Saturday before last.

Adrios Server had 31 on Saturday this Saturday. "
    From the main forum : http://www.alganon.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4318-population/
    A mmorpg with less than 50 players on each server ??

That was me.  Yes, that was accurate when I posted it. 

Which is why I am not playing it anymore.  I did what I could, I posted about what could be done to help, but to no avail.

They refuse to combine the servers, they slowly nerfing each class, and the "soft" launch has cost them most of the players that they had during beta who enjoyed it then (and I did for a bit).

It continues to get patched, but things do not seem to moving very fast in the right direction.  In this day and age, with so many choices, they should have listened when I, and almost every other tester (besides the few who pre-ordered the year sub and felt that they had to justify their purchases if even subconsiciously by supporting EVERY action that QoL took) told them to push the launch back.  

O well, I am enjoying LOTRO, which I tested but never actually had time to play then.  I fret joining games years into the server's life because you start out so far behind, but this feels different and the kinship I am in helps.

Cheers!

• cyandkcyandk Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Did anyone honestly believe that this game would make it? Especially after the beta?

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    Originally posted by cyandk

Did anyone honestly believe that this game would make it? Especially after the beta?

You mean they should have released the game before the beta?

--
    Delanor

• DoomReaperDoomReaper Member UncommonPosts: 143

Originally posted by Delanor

You mean they should have released the game before the beta?

You know full well what he or she meant. Why try and twist people's words?

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Nope.  I think the only reason it is still around is because some people got year subscriptions.  Either that or QOL has more funding than we expected.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?