Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Few quick questions.

TannayrTannayr Member Posts: 111

So was looking at trying out this game, just had a few questions/concerns.

1.  How open is PvP? I heard it was rather zone restrictive.

2. Is PvP more skill based, or more like WoW where everyone just runs around in a circle trying to stay behind someone?

3. Is it still true that the two factions cannot talk to eachother? This would be almost a breaking point for me if they cannot converse.

4. I heard the word siege a lot in reading about this game, are there city/guild sieges on other cities/guilds?

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• ElectriceyeElectriceye Member UncommonPosts: 1,171

1. You can go to the abyss lvl25+. It's open, no loading screens, no restrictions, flight etc. And it is the right size, not too big and not too small. It also has PvE mobs here and there, and fortresses, artifacts, camps. You can also find PvP by going through a rift (those are zone restrictive) to end up in the other faction's zones. Each rift opens up a different place, and it's also lvl restricted.

2. It can require skills in some instances, using flight appropriately needs a lot of experience and practice, and it depends on the class you play as well. It's easy to play and enjoy yourself, don't need to be PRO, but if you are you definitely have an advantage. Level differences and gear play a big part as well. The thing I don't like is that it is very RNG based. There are a lot of skills that come to you "by chance" and you use them. Some combos are 100%, others are not, and chance does play a big part as well.

3. They can converse by setting up shop and saying something in the chat bubble. But you can't just press enter and converse.

4. Mainly fortresses and artifacts that trade possessions between the 2 playable factions, and the NPC faction the balaur.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

3. Normally no, but each race has their own language that looks like jibberish when seen from the other side but there are programs out there that can convert what you type into what the other race can read.

4. Sieges can take place every 2 hours at certain times of the day and somedays there are no fort sieges. All the more reason to go rifting! There are 3 lower (lvl40 range) in the lower abyss and in upper abyss there are 2 outer, 3 middle ones and in the core is divine fort(all lvl50 but divine is stupidly hard). When the legion that does the most damage kills the fort Deity (raid boss x 10) they claim that fort under their name, so there can be competition among the attacking race.

• dannydeucedannydeuce Member Posts: 310
    Originally posted by Tannayr

So was looking at trying out this game, just had a few questions/concerns.
    1.  How open is PvP? I heard it was rather zone restrictive.
    2. Is PvP more skill based, or more like WoW where everyone just runs around in a circle trying to stay behind someone?
    3. Is it still true that the two factions cannot talk to eachother? This would be almost a breaking point for me if they cannot converse.
    4. I heard the word siege a lot in reading about this game, are there city/guild sieges on other cities/guilds?
    Thanks for your time.

1.  Pvp is not very open.  In order to pvp, you have to either fight in the Abyss or fight via a rift, which is a portal that teleports you to the opposing factions zones.  Rifting is fun, problem is 9/10 people you kill are bots.  Abyss is fun if the server is active. 

2.  PvP is skill based to some extent.  Problem though lies in its always whoever has the most people wins type thing.  The game is all about ganking, regardless of level.  You can't see the oppositions level, so the majority of your kills will be on much lower levels with severe handicaps and you won't even know it.  You have no idea how to judge your own personal pvp.  PvP in Aion is lacking in a ton of areas.

3.  You cannot talk to each other, period.  Sure you can set up shops with a message to say something, but while youre trying to do that (since it takes time), they either kill you or run away.  So no, you can't talk regardless of these stupid loopholes people mention.

4.  Sieges are pretty sweet.  Fairly decent pvpve 3 factioned (1 is pc controlled) action.  Of course there are problems, with the "whoever has the most wins" thing, but the concept is pretty cool.  If your pc can handle it, it's a fun ride while sieging.