Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

30-day free trial of UO

Yery79Yery79 Member Posts: 25

Dear Everyone,

How do I get the 30-day free trial of UO? Also, what races can I play in the game?
I hope the level of character customization in the game is pretty good, because the
generic avatars in Arcanum (a single-player RPG) kind of suck. What's your advice?

Thanks,
Apprentice Yery

Comments

• Well, the ONLY way to get a free 30 days trial is to buy the CD and make a new account that will valid for 30 days. :(

BUT, if you have a friend who has been playing that, you could ask if they have a new account key. Usually when upgrading to the latest version of UO, they will have one upgrade code and one new account code. Most of them (veteran players) don't use the new account code.

There is no races in UO. You could only play as human, and I know it would be great if the devteam could put up some new races. :)

Character customization? As in what degree? In UO you could only customize in a pretty limited standard. You can only choose your skin color, gender, hair type, hair color, face hair, and face hair color :( Sometimes I even feel that avatar in EVE Online looks more cool than my character in UO hehehe..

BUT, if you like an old school game with a minimum requirement of computer specification and easy game to learn, UO is the best. You could do so many things beside killing monsters. We hope to see you there! :)

If you need more information, just hope in to www.uo.com or www.uo.stratics.com :)

• Master_ZenMaster_Zen Member Posts: 4

If you want heres a download link to Ultima Online: AOS

http://www.metropolisshard.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=4

If the first link doesn't work try the Mirror.

Master_Zen

• bluebob11bluebob11 Member Posts: 12

Master Zen,

the mirror only got me to download a demo. any idea where to download the actual AoS?

• Master_ZenMaster_Zen Member Posts: 4

I hope this answers your question, because I checked the link above and the download links 'do' work.

If by "demo", you mean the 15 day trial... That's actually the full game (615mb). The way it works is you get to play the official servers that you're supposed to be paying for, for 15 days. If you want to continue to play the official servers after the 15 days, you have to pay-to-play which involves a recurring monthly fee.

Player-ran shards do not cost a thing, they are free. Some of them are excellent 'alternatives' to the pay-to-play official servers, some even with around the same amount of players! But 99% of player-ran shards are of extremely poor quality, most of them have very poor hardware and server hosting so they get laggy without proper funding.

Master_Zen

• milhoan6milhoan6 Member CommonPosts: 580
    Are the player run shards in UO illeagal?  Many people have talked about them and even gave links to them on this forum, and there post wasn't deleted