Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: Should GW2(a F2P MMORPG) have a RP Server?

tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

Do you feel GW2 should have a RP Server?

Comments

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Guild Wars 2 probably wont have different servers. You could suggest a RP only district. Current Guild Wars might have different regions, but you can simply change regions with your character. So no seperate servers.
  • tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819
    Originally posted by someforumguy

Guild Wars 2 probably wont have different servers. You could suggest a RP only district. Current Guild Wars might have different regions, but you can simply change regions with your character. So no seperate servers.

Allready confirmed, there will be Servers

Originally posted by tro44_1

From wiki "The game will be on multiple servers or "worlds," but players will not be bound to a world and may therefore change servers easily. The exact mechanic for this has not been announced. "

Its also used for the World vs World PVP.

From wiki "The game will be on multiple servers or "worlds," but players will not be bound to a world and may therefore change servers easily. The exact mechanic for this has not been announced. " Its also used for the World vs World PVP.

Reread what you just posted.

The interview, the developers said there will be Servers, but easily can transfer between them.

Rune Scape style system comes to mind

From wiki "The game will be on multiple servers or "worlds," but players will not be bound to a world and may therefore change servers easily. The exact mechanic for this has not been announced. " Its also used for the World vs World PVP.

Reread what you just posted.

The interview, the developers said there will be Servers, but easily can transfer between them.

Rune Scape style system comes to mind

Yes, like you can atm in current Guild Wars. You can hop from Europe server to US server ingame. Just chose a different district (top left screen). My point is that you wont be able to seperate RPers and nonRPers like with seperate servers in other games. You do know how districts work in current Guild Wars,right?
  • biplexbiplex Member Posts: 268

It's not about them being kept totally separate. Just having one district/server that is especially labelled as RP so people who dont like RP can avoid it, and people who like RP can flock around it. That will also mean that people who like grief RPers will know where to go :(

As for the server thing - they said there will be shards, and that it will be possible to move around shards. However no details are given - so it might be pay to move, or have other obstacles, or most probably wont be implemented at all for that reason or another.

One single thing that was most great about GW for me was the ability to play with EVERY player that plays GW no matter where he lives or what server he is on. If they keep that for GW2 the game is high on my future games list, if not, then it goes to the bottom.

http://www.teraonline.info.pl Polski Poradnik Gry Tera Online

• dubledubdubledub Member Posts: 229
    Originally posted by biplex

It's not about them being kept totally separate. Just having one district/server that is especially labelled as RP so people who dont like RP can avoid it, and people who like RP can flock around it. That will also mean that people who like grief RPers will know where to go :(
    As for the server thing - they said there will be shards, and that it will be possible to move around shards. However no details are given - so it might be pay to move, or have other obstacles, or most probably wont be implemented at all for that reason or another.
    One single thing that was most great about GW for me was the ability to play with EVERY player that plays GW no matter where he lives or what server he is on. If they keep that for GW2 the game is high on my future games list, if not, then it goes to the bottom.

I expect that will happen naturally. I was just thinking- do RPers generally have a big interest in PvP? Because if they didn't, which im imagining a fair few don't, then it could pose a problem with world vs world.. just a thought - probably won't be a problem..

Originally posted by biplex

It's not about them being kept totally separate. Just having one district/server that is especially labelled as RP so people who dont like RP can avoid it, and people who like RP can flock around it. That will also mean that people who like grief RPers will know where to go :(As for the server thing - they said there will be shards, and that it will be possible to move around shards. However no details are given - so it might be pay to move, or have other obstacles, or most probably wont be implemented at all for that reason or another. One single thing that was most great about GW for me was the ability to play with EVERY player that plays GW no matter where he lives or what server he is on. If they keep that for GW2 the game is high on my future games list, if not, then it goes to the bottom.
    Well, the reason for a seperate RP server is usually that players get to RP without losing their immersion because others are talking out of character all the time. If you create a RP only server that is connected to other servers,it only works if its heavily moderated. Because if players can hop to a server as easy in current GW, you will get nonRP'ers all the time on that RP server. EDIT : This is also why I dont expect a RP only server.
  • RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

the servers or world i think will happen less like runescape and more like relogging on....

The whole Unbound things gets me a little uneasy...i play GW and have since launch but i still remember when they changed Hall of Heroes to be meaningless...aside from chests.

seems like the same thing might happen to the whole "world VS World" type pvp system but mayve i am just trying so hard to look for things that I don't like...cause I really have yet to find one. 

anyway as for the RP i do not think that RPing will be a problem and those who do should but I doubt that any "world" will be marked for RP unless the population does it for themselves 

• NeyonNeyon Member Posts: 197

Seperated servers = fail. I want districts just like in guild wars so I am not cut off from the majority of the players across the globe.

------------------------------

• NotoriousXNotoriousX Member UncommonPosts: 197

nope...just pvp cause in the end almost 95% of all mmos thats where they lead...so pvp from the start to be all good :)

Tormented echoes of a fallen Eden
    I longed for her beauty
    Yet from dust, she returned
    The dream, an enigma.... silent

Originally posted by dinos_21

nope...just pvp cause in the end almost 95% of all mmos thats where they lead...so pvp from the start to be all good :)

There wont be any PvP servers since everybody on a server is on the same team. Unlike most MMOs, PvP and PvE will be seperated like it was in the first game, but this time they will all be done on the same toons

• LeucrottaLeucrotta Member Posts: 679

PvP and PvE will be seperated like it was in the first game, but this time they will all be done on the same toons

Says who? didnt read anywhere that you cant create an pvp only character yet.

In GW1 you could use your "pve" toon in pvp too btw

Originally posted by Leucrotta

PvP and PvE will be seperated like it was in the first game, but this time they will all be done on the same toons

Says who? didnt read anywhere that you cant create an pvp only character yet.

In GW1 you could use your "pve" toon in pvp too btw

maybe you should go to a GW2 fan site, you could maybe get some info that is up to date

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

Guild Wars 2 is shaping up to be a much different animal than its predecessor. With such a rich background and the depth they're putting into the game, RPers could find a much better experience in GW2 than was offered previously. So yes, I think they should. It would be nice.

However, the problem would likely exist with monitoring such a ruleset. PvP purists and all-around jackasses seem to enjoy harrassing RPers. It could put more of a strain on support than ArenaNet is prepared to provide. Good idea, but once again, the consumer base will make implementation difficult.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

maybe you should go to a GW2 fan site, you could maybe get some info that is up to date

Structured PvP is similar to today's GvG. Structured PvP-participants will have access to the same skills and gear, which ensures survival is indeed of the fittest (and most strategic), not the one that has spent the most time online. It will allow you to enter the game at maximum level with all skills, races, items and classes automatically unlocked.

Maybe you should too.

Originally posted by Neyon

Seperated servers = fail. I want districts just like in guild wars so I am not cut off from the majority of the players across the globe.

It seems that you can just change servers kinda just like you can in districts

and if thats the case then RP server isnt even going to work

Structured PvP is similar to today's GvG. Structured PvP-participants will have access to the same skills and gear, which ensures survival is indeed of the fittest (and most strategic), not the one that has spent the most time online. It will allow you to enter the game at maximum level with all skills, races, items and classes automatically unlocked.

Maybe you should too.

Which will all be on the same PvE toon.

So Maybe you should too.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Doubt so, it will be up to the community to form RP guilds (that's the best thing imo, have an official RP guilds list) and maybe label an unofficial RP shard, but that may put them in a disadvantage (or advantage) because of the world vs world PvP.

But I guess they will have some kind of control to keep the W v W balanced and not a zerg fest.

So Maybe you should too.

You get only 1 character slot then or?

No, so i guess i can make a slot pure for competitive pvp just like i can in gw

So Maybe you should too.

You get only 1 character slot then or?

No, so i guess i can make a slot pure for competitive pvp just like i can in gw

DiD I say that?

You the person here saying that GW2 will have PvP only toons.

DiD I say that?

You are the one claiming you cant make pvp only toons thats why i quoted you

Jumping right into PvP in GW was a strong selling point, i dont think Anet will force its current pvp playerbase to play pve

like it wont force its pve playerbase to pvp

DiD I say that?

You are the one claiming you cant make pvp only toons thats why i quoted you

Jumping right into PvP in GW was a strong selling point, i dont think Anet will force its current pvp playerbase to play pve

like it wont force its pve playerbase to pvp

Iam sorry, but GW2 wont be using the same PvP Toon system. You can jump into Instanced PvP and have max lvl and Gear, but you cant jump into World PvP like this. ANET has said that Lvls will have effect in the MIST.

So if thats what you are talking about, then yes, GW will have PvP toons, but you wont be must use in the MIST