Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE IS DEAD

G_RavenorG_Ravenor Member Posts: 108

game and website just went down!! server gone down, nothing unusual, but the website down aswell. went down yesterday aswell?! whatever next?!

shhh... you might wake the trolls

Comments

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Why do you scare me so?

This is not a game.

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074

Lame thread title, but yeah, the latest patch must have really messed up something fierce. I've been playing for almost a month and never had trouble logging in before the patch.

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

EVE is down due to database issues for the coming 30 minutes (expected).

I already wondered where one of my containers went...

• G_RavenorG_Ravenor Member Posts: 108

been playing eve for nearly two years and it neevr been this bad.... whatever they did to the database they need to fix..... fast

shhh... you might wake the trolls

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Dominion has easily been the worst expansion since red moon rising.
    Btw..the website goes down because good chunks of it depend on the databse as well.

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

I have to admit, these crashes are getting out of hand.

I haven't lost any ships because of them, but I've probably gone through 20-30mil worth of drones in the last week. Part of that I guess is my fault, but I just don't want to sit around for 30-45min waiting for the server to come back up and I go find something else to do.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by batolemaeus

Dominion has easily been the worst expansion since red moon rising.

Btw..the website goes down because good chunks of it depend on the databse as well.

Agreed, and it's doubly a shame, since expectations were so high.

All we can do is sit and wait for CCP to fix whatever broke...

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

We had another nodecrash in dp- today, rollback included. local around 700.

That was playable before dominion..

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Yeah I was there, kind of. Bridged in, got fleet warped to safe spot. After 15 minutes, still couldn't even activate my DCU... thought to myself if the NC want whatever is in this shit-hole system that bad they can have it.

Logged off and had a nice nap. Then I watched some David Attenborough Life of plants. A restful afternoon

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• jrs77jrs77 Member Posts: 419

Yeah, patches fail sometimes and the current state of the game isn't really good, but not that horrible.

It was worse when they patched Red Moon Rising some 4 years back and EvE did not die back then either.

CCP will fix the problems at some point and everyone will be happily shooting at each other again... this isn't the end and there's lot's of other stuff you can do than playing a game.