Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The sounds of Guild Wars 2: Q&A with ArenaNet's Audio Director

Comments

• zereelistzereelist Member Posts: 373

Looks like they are going all out with realistic sounds, thats great.  Sound is very important to me, along with the music it can make a seemingly boring experience like travelling not so boring.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Thanks for linking that, it was definitely a good read. Good to see how  they are making their work into sound development, especially putting actual creativity in it, and my experience in Guild Wars 1 was enjoyable.

Have MMOs procedurally generated sounds before? I'm kind of ignorant here, that may even be the norm and I don't know, I just remember peeking in a few games sound folders, only to see all the files of all the sounds there.

• rygar218rygar218 Member UncommonPosts: 332

I dunno if MMOs have "procedurally generated" sounds im with you there on that too eric

But if theres one game that made the most awesome sound effects at least for creatures was UO. At least for me heh.

Loved the Gargoyle rambling and the Terrathans screaming..... Ahhhhh lallalalaala. heh

Thanks for the post OP btw was  good read.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    I was very impressed when I read the article earlier. I love how realistic the footstep sound generator sounds like it'll be.

Sounds plays a HUGE part in immersion for me (The Chronicles of Spellborn wowed me in this department).