Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA 3rd Closed Beta Patch Notes and Q&A

TERA_AmiraTERA_Amira Member Posts: 5

Hi there guys! As many of you know, Korea's 3rd Closed Beta is about to start and TERA Fans has found some patch notes and a Q&A concerning what's in the future for TERA. There have been translated by TERA Source member Aldebalan. 

Without further ado, here they are!

---

Future Improvements :

* Diversification of skills

> The addition of new skills

* Enchance the feeling of character growth

* Quest Improvement

* Item Diversification

* Improvement of party play

* Easier to organize a party

> Improvement of chat window

*  Improvement related movement

> Speed

> Jump, swimming

* Story quest

> Instanced dungeon quest

> Strengthening the game storytelling

> Combat experience with impact

* Balkion Medal System

> Cooperative factors between the guild members

> The buff which all guild members can receive

* Item Marketing Agency

> Another indirect trade system

> Pursuit of convenience trading

Q & A

Q : In the 2nd CBT, it seems quests overly applied. How many quests did you prepare?

A : At the initial area, the Garden of Dawn, we intentionally overly applied for new users. The number of quests in the future is not more than 70-80% of the Garden of Dawn.

Q : At G-star, we can't jump alongside or behind. It was a little awkward.

A : We are developing TERA as a MMORPG, not an action game. The adoption of a jump can change the nature of the game significantly. We are still struggling about balance of jump.

Q : In the last test, when you reach level 12 most was party quests. That was the complaint of the users.

A : The reason of the emphasis on party play is we thought the core of MMORPG is party play. We are developing TERA as party play is more fun than soloing.

Q : You emphasized class differences, but actually the fight was done without differences.

A : There is no users move as the developer's intent. (Laughter) To enhance the role, we are preparing class specialized early skills.

We were pointed out there is no difference between a priest and an elementalist, so we are working to differentiate them.

Q : TERA's getting attention with colorful graphics. As an art director, what is the TERA's attractiveness?

A : The appeal is able to adjust the focus to a part you think importatnt to highlight your own personality.

Q : Isn't it restrictive the current pre-set type character creation system to highlight the personality?

A : We received users' feedbacks. We will reflect some in the future.

We are developing physical change customizing system.

Q : As a matter of a non-targeting peculiarity, you are pursuing easier operation. As far as I know, the results is a simplification of skills, what is the meaning of adding skills?

A : We have a intent to apply the skill set replacement system. Form a skill combination to use depending on the monster's pattern and insert this to a slot to switching. In addition, we are considering to enhance the passive skills to use property.

Q : You said swimming will added, will be there contents like underwater quest?

A : We have not considered underwater quest. Because there is water the swimming itself is meaningful.

Q : I wonder political systems. When is demonstrating?

A : In CBT period we are focusing on solo play.

We will test guild related system in 3rd CBT. If the test results is good we will test the political system.

Q : The range and distance is important in non-targeting. However, in TERA, big and small characters exist. Because of this balance can be a problem.

A : That's right. We are continue to worry about this problem.

---

Also, you can find tons of other TERA news at TERA Fans, including translated daily quizzes from the official Korean site and some game guides! 

Administrator of www.terafans.com!

Comments

• Kaliber13Kaliber13 Member Posts: 39

Very nice. Deserves a bump, dont it. TERA team is working well with the community. Good to see some upgrades coming.

• timmy12timmy12 Member UncommonPosts: 390

so wait this gmae is like gw and instanced

• TERA_AmiraTERA_Amira Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by timmy12

O: Not sure where you get that! As far as I know, the game is planned to have FFA PvP and the developers are making an attempt to keep open world and instanced encounters balanced. They're looking to appeal to a very broad audience.

Administrator of www.terafans.com!

• RPGOmenRPGOmen Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by TERA_Amira

O: Not sure where you get that! As far as I know, the game is planned to have FFA PvP and the developers are making an attempt to keep open world and instanced encounters balanced. They're looking to appeal to a very broad audience.

That's a very ambitious goal to try and hit... Though I'm glad to see the implementation of a story quest of some type. 

I'm beta testing a game that shall remain unnamed at the moment, and there was only story in the tutorial and thereafter just grinding the same stuff over and over again.  I'm hoping it's just because it's beta and that the content is locked beyond grinding, as I'm already very bored with it even with the very fun PvP.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077

They are nice improvements, I hope they do focus on story & quests through out the game.

• Krn_AssassinKrn_Assassin Member Posts: 581

where are you getting this from? they will have dungeon instanced tho.