Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Housing?

Is there housing in VG? If so, is it instanced? Are houses customizable and can I invite others into my home?

Also, is there a player-vendor system?

Thanks

imageAAH! A troll fire! Quick, pour some Kool-Aid on it!!!

Comments

• morpinmorpin Member Posts: 360

Yes there are houses.    They are not instanced.  Yes you can invite people in, or set the security on the house so that people can walk in or move / take things in the house.

You can only build one house per accout.... ie.e your alts can not build other houses.  Each alt on your account can use the house and recall to it.

You buy a plot of land in a player housing chunk and then buy / make the material needed to build the house.  There are 3 levels of housing with the higher level requiring higher level materials.  Each of the 3 continents has its own stlye of housing.   You pay rent on your plot of land each week   There is still plenty of house plot on the servers.

The bigger the house the more chests for storage you can have in the house.    You can craft items for your house and place them in the house.  99% of  looted items that you collect will NOT display properly in your house.  You can drop a sword in your house and store it there but it will look like a brown cup which is default image.  Items in chests will act like they are in a bag or bank.  Extra storage is frankly the only use of a house unless you like to decorate it with crafted items or recall to it.

There are no player vendors.

• kaa0sl0vekaa0sl0ve Member Posts: 30

if you plan to play do NOT build a house yet because currently the developers are planning ( remember this is not set in stone ) to consolidate the servers to 1 us server and 1 euro server

if you buy a plot + build a house you could loose it when the server merges

with that aside you can build up to a two story house that you will be able to fully furnish just like a real house the downside it that if you really want it to be beautiful you' d need a crafter I think artificer and carpenter to make your furnitures, there are furnitures on the broker but they are so few

I was a 52 blacksmith and I can make cutlery and plates and lamp fixtures so you may want to look for a blacksmith as well to build you furniture

also houses do NOT store items that are soulbound, no drop, no trade, a quest item which is 99% of the in game items which is really bad imho since when you progress you tend to outgrow old gear and the bank tends to get full with quest items + old gear + old weapons

the only items I store in my house chests are crafting resources dusts, crystal, and powders, which is a real shame really all that chest space that just goes to waste, while I can understand the reasoning why you cannot store most items on the chests since it is used by all your characters on the same account there has been suggestions on how to get around this so that it could not be exploited so the chests storage can be useful and not just a decorative ornament in the house