Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can someone tell me about this game?

2»

Comments

• skoreanimeskoreanime Member Posts: 219
    Originally posted by Yamota

Originally posted by narakuu

Alot of ignorance in this thread...
    Game doesnt need pvp, maybe you need it... I dont, neither do alot of other people... I just want a fun well done PVE game because like someone else stated in this thread, pvp doesnt mean success as has been proven by other titles released lately and most of them if any, was not different from eachother except for a new skin.
    So please do focus on PVE and make it great and as engaging as it was in FFXI and I'm a happy man and might have found the mmorpg I will be playing this year.
    So run off and find another game if you cant be without pvp or find a way to express your opinion in a better way then as if your ideas and views on things are backed up by fact when it really just simply comes down to what you prefer or like and keep in mind also that you are definitely not speaking for the entire community.

Yeah right, its all a coincidence that all these MMORPGS: WoW, LoTR, Eve, UO, EQ, EQ 2, AoC, WAR, STO, Aion and so on, ALL have PvP. It is as important as PvE these days.

Not saying that FF XIV will be a failure without it but it wont be mainstream as most MMORPG players get tired to only fighting AI mobiles but also wants the refreshing change to fight other real people as well.

And those of you who say FF XI is a major success in the west. It has reportedly about 500k subscribers, majority which is in Asia. So that leaves what, 100k subs in US and Europe? I would hardly call that a major success as both WAR and AoC has well over 200k. I mean does it even have Euro and US servers?

And coincidently it is rated lower than both AoC and WAR in XFire. gees, wonder why that is? Could it be that XFire is a tool mainly used in the west? hmmmm

Wow, such ignorance.

EVE is a game all about PvPing.  As is AoC, WAR and Aion.  Their main focus is PvP.  The other games have a PvP system that leaves much to be desired.  And here's a funny tidbit.  Blizzard admitted their main PvP system, Arena, was a complete mistake.  Same with bringing in PvP the way they did.  Google it.

I don't mind a game that's pure PvE.  Isn't that what RPGs are all about? 

FFXI is a success.  You're comparing it to WAR and AoC...both games which came out 6-7 years after XI, and after WoW.  Of course they would draw their fair share of the WoW crowd, they're spin offs of WoW if you think about it.

If I want real, open, competitive and fair PvP, I'll go play a FPS, fighting or racing game.  Player killing in all the MMOs I've played left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Kozmo14Kozmo14 Member UncommonPosts: 53

Originally posted by Bahrayn
     Sartok you want some info about Final Fantasy XIV? :)
    Check this, everything we know so far:
    www.ffxionline.com/forums/ffxiv-discussion/75857-comprehensive-thread-ffxiv-information.html

Id suggest you go there for all the info you need. Thread locked.

Games. Music. Metal. ROLL TIDE!!!

This discussion has been closed.