Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classes.

2»

Comments

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by tro44_1

Originally posted by joker007mo

as far as i was aware there wasnt going to be a skill bar it was going to be context sensitive

WTF is that? Explain plz

context sensitive means that the skill will change depending on the situation i guess there will be skills though doesnt say whether there is an actual skill bar when you point at something with your mouse the hand will change to reflect what you are trying to do trying to find where i read about it it was a interview awhile back

Oh that. They said they got rid of that idea because of Lent

well actually no word on whether they did or didnt actually as there still is no real word on what skills will or wont be in the game but honestly i wouldnt rule it out yet  im going through dev notes now to see if there has been any change to that or not

No,, they already stated that that system wont be in GW2 because of Lag.

mind posting where you read that as im having trouble even finding the original interview that started the whole context issue

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

as far as i was aware there wasnt going to be a skill bar it was going to be context sensitive

WTF is that? Explain plz

context sensitive means that the skill will change depending on the situation i guess there will be skills though doesnt say whether there is an actual skill bar when you point at something with your mouse the hand will change to reflect what you are trying to do trying to find where i read about it it was a interview awhile back

well actually no word on whether they did or didnt actually as there still is no real word on what skills will or wont be in the game but honestly i wouldnt rule it out yet  im going through dev notes now to see if there has been any change to that or not

mind posting where you read that as im having trouble even finding the original interview that started the whole context issue

Can somebody help this brotha out please. Iam lazy right now. No Sleep

• HeadBytorHeadBytor Member UncommonPosts: 93

WTF is that? Explain plz

Can somebody help this brotha out please. Iam lazy right now. No Sleep

your the one who found that. dont make us do your work. that also sounds like info that would be hard to dig up cuz ive been keeping up with everything going on in development and never heard anything about them giving that idea up.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

I too heard they gave that up. Can't remember where I saw it...

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604

Solo play was never an issue in GW because of henchman so the design is fine. However I want group play. I'm tired of SP MMOs. :) 

Also I do want distinction for the classes. In GW I played a monk, which was the most fun I've ever had in an online game.  The only downside was I couldn't farm as easily as say a warrior, but that was OK because they couldn't do missions without me. In a strange way it all balances out.

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by Tekaelon

Solo play was never an issue in GW because of henchman so the design is fine. However I want group play. I'm tired of SP MMOs. :) 
    Also I do want distinction for the classes. In GW I played a monk, which was the most fun I've ever had in an online game.  The only downside was I couldn't farm as easily as say a warrior, but that was OK because they couldn't do missions without me. In a strange way it all balances out.

until the nerfed everything my cousin has a monk and he says everything got to the point where the monk is almost useless for healing only thing they didnt nerf badly on the monk was the smiting skills guild wars 2 will be good im sure im just worried about everything getting nerfed 6 months in if not before and honestly im suprised guild wars 2 isnt a pipe dream as ive been hearing about gw2 ever since nightfall came out and they was talking like it was coming out soon then  and now well it still isnt close to coming out from what i can tell

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    Originally posted by Tekaelon

Warrior can't touch a 55 monk or 600 smite monk for farming.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

until the nerfed everything my cousin has a monk and he says everything got to the point where the monk is almost useless for healing only thing they didnt nerf badly on the monk was the smiting skills

Your cousin is wrong, a monk is still the best healing class in the game. However, now the Ritualist has been buffed enoough so they can at least compete with a monk.

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

LOL

Yeah and Warriors are the Worst Tanking Class,,,LOL YEAH RIGHT LOL

/end Sarcasm

Oh wait..nvm