Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HELLGATE: Interview hinting at NA/EU return!!!!!!!!!!!

hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Here is the link I read this from... very excited about the possibility of it's return.  I reccomend using google bar to tranlsate from Korean if needed.

http://www.gameshot.net/common/con_view.php?code=GA4afbce0a472e7

-enjoy

Comments

• Vaske1984Vaske1984 Member Posts: 228

-Never had a chanse to try it out, but i might if it come back.

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by Vaske1984

-Never had a chanse to try it out, but i might if it come back.

If it comes back, it will be with the Abyss Chronicles and Hellgate Japan update.  But I bet it will be sometime in 2010 when Hanbit/T3 finalizes some deals w/ Namco/Bandai.  But according to one answer in the intereview about this, it's looking promising.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Sounds like something to play until DIablo 3 gets here.

• reploidxreploidx Member UncommonPosts: 320

i hope that it does come back, i enjoyed the game, but hated that i had to pay to get all the good stuff. Now its going to be f2p and with updates, I'll be playing definatly be playing the game once again.

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by reploidx

i hope that it does come back, i enjoyed the game, but hated that i had to pay to get all the good stuff. Now its going to be f2p and with updates, I'll be playing definatly be playing the game once again.

I hope Redbana is smart, and does it like DDO and give players a choice... I know some ppl would prefer to p2p than deal w/ an item shop... if they allow for both, then they double the opportunity to make both target consumers (p2p and f2p users) happy.

• CailiegCailieg Member Posts: 85

I sincerely hope we see a return of this game to NA and Europe.

The game was enjoyable and the patch that was about to launch fixed a great deal many of the issues. It is a pity Namco/Bandai were so arse-tight on the IP license, the attitude "if we cannot have it no one can" is childish and did not suit them well.

Here is to the hope of a return of one of my favorite off genre games. One I have actively been trying to find a way to play even in Korea.

Alexis

*smiles*

• ishibeiishibei Member UncommonPosts: 12

i would love to see it return i really enjoyed playing it last time.

The -7th- Legion
    Locked, loaded, armed and ready! Evil hasn't got a prayer!
    "veniremus, percussimus, nos victi"
    -7-

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Hellgate London was a disaster. I made the mistake of preordering it, and the game was so buggy, I couldn't play it. And I don't mean with that that it was running badly, but that it was not playable, no matter how much I tried. After all the patches the game still had major design issues. Just the "respecs for money only" thing was annoying. It means that if you tried a skill, you couldn't unlearn it if it wasn't as expected, and if you wanted a character without useless skills you could delete your char and start a new one. After a year of patching the game was playable, but the company got bancrupt and took with them the multiplayer mode. -.-

It's very difficult to associate something good with the name "Hellgate".

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Wow great news never been able to try online version bought it when the server closed, the single player version was not bad apart of the clunky animations on melee but engineer was great so prob will use that class again :P

• steelrain666steelrain666 Member UncommonPosts: 140

Yeah it was a great game, I would play it again if they start it back up

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869

This is great news and my boycott of Namco Bandai games is officially over.

• SevenOmaticSevenOmatic Member UncommonPosts: 177

This is great news. I wonder if they are going to offer a life time sub..lol

Anyway, ill be happy to see HGL return.

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039
    Originally posted by ANDRIOD

This is great news. I wonder if they are going to offer a life time sub..lol
    Anyway, ill be happy to see HGL return.

Nah, Ropers pulling that one off in champions and star trek now.... ;)

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

I really enjoyed the game. Ill definelty have to keep my eye out! Thanks for the heads up!

(AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH raises plunger salaute to hellgate london!)

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Sorry for the off topic but why here I can see there's a hellgate london section but if I go into game list I can't find it?

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

I love hellgate london,i hope they make it with more variations in the world and less instanced and i want 2-hand sword/axe/hammer/scythe.