Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Help Making Decision (Please Reply)

13»

Comments

• linkeq2002linkeq2002 Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by BrokenAngel

Hey guys, i need an HONEST OPINION, TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!
    I currently play City of Heroes and Final Fantasy XI and i was debating on purchasing WoW tommorow or not......i played the beta and was disapointed, can you guys help me out please?::::21::::::06::::::04::::::03::

Don't touch it with a 10 ft pole, stick to what your playing, there's no high end content and poor server stability and no customer support

"Sony Customer Service is like Santa Clause, people say they've seen them but they don't really exist"

• firemagicfiremagic Member Posts: 878

Originally posted by Jodokai
    You obviously give some thought about it, proven by your need to defend yourself against it.
    Sorry, I forgot the "it" and the comma.
    The majority of the people thought it was all right to own slaves before the civil war, that make it right? "Vast majority" is a bit of a stretch since WoW sold 600k and EQ2 sold 400k.
    As far as proof, tell me when and what server, my account is still active for another week, but to be honest I never actually figured out the actual ratio, but I do know this is a fact: In EQ2, I have to search to find people I can't stand to be around, in WoW I have to search to find people I like. You tell me what that says about the community. I have played EQ2 longer and more actively than I have WoW and I have NO ONE on my ignore list, in WoW I have a full list, and I play on an RP server in both games. You tell me what that says about the community. Those are the facts I've used to base my "unreasonable opinions" on.
    Yes you did so, then accused me of "turning your words around" like it was a deliberate attempt.
    And actually I haven't seen Firemagic once post what was better about WoW than EQ2. If you have tell me where, I'd love to see it. Most of the "comparison" threads break down to a WoW fan saying EQ2 is crap. When asked why WoW is better, the response: WoW sold more copies, or SOE Customer service is crap, or something else that has nothing to do with the merits of the games at all.
    I'd love to see someone break it down:
    Quest systems - pretty much identical
    Combat systems - pretty much identical (push a button wait for it to recharge, both have power [or rage]  that deplete)
    Every time asked, Firemagic evades the question. He bitches about other people not backing statements with facts, but doesn't want to do it himself.

At this point, all I see is "blah blah blah blah blah..........."

I can only hold interest in such triviality for so long.

Let's just leave it at this:

You think WoW's community sucks, and I don't. Thanks for playing.

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621
    And he avoids the question again for all your self-proclaimed intelligence you can't answer one simple question. For all your preaching of facts to back up statements you still refuse. I hope everyone now understands how worthless your posts are.
  • evilfixxevilfixx Member Posts: 80

I got an answer for you Broken. Play FFO and CoH. And every now and then, get away from your PC and go anjoy life.

And he avoids the question again for all your self-proclaimed intelligence you can't answer one simple question. For all your preaching of facts to back up statements you still refuse. I hope everyone now understands how worthless your posts are.

I'm not avoiding the question, I'm completely ignoring it. This thread has nothing to do with WoW vs EQ2, and I have no interest in any such discussion.

If you want to see criticism of EQ2, I don't need to provide it. All you need to do is open your eyes.

Another dodge. You preach a big game, but when it comes down to crunch time you can't come through. You make bogus claims with no facts to back them, then complain when other people do it. You stand on your soapbox acting superior to everyone else, but you can't do something as simple as a comparison. This thread has gone well away from what the OP wanted so posting a comparison isn't going to throw it any further off. Hell if that's the best excuse you can think of to avoid start a new one.

What it all boils down to is you've got nothing. You are just a simple fanboi, that feels the need to bash any game he isn't playing. In the begining I gave you more credit than that, guess neither of us is as perfect as we like to think.

• JatezJatez Member Posts: 103
    I would for sure say get WoW! I've played so many mmorpgs over the years, and none even come close to how good WoW is. Most MMORPGs dont even have as much land or space as the eastern continent! I bet even the level 60s are still finding new things to do. They are adding battle grounds which will be better, and its just a great game!

Jatez -- Question Everything -- Jate

• drewddrewd Member Posts: 238

it really all depends how much time you have to waste ::::12::

Another dodge. You preach a big game, but when it comes down to crunch time you can't come through. You make bogus claims with no facts to back them, then complain when other people do it. You stand on your soapbox acting superior to everyone else, but you can't do something as simple as a comparison. This thread has gone well away from what the OP wanted so posting a comparison isn't going to throw it any further off. Hell if that's the best excuse you can think of to avoid start a new one.
    What it all boils down to is you've got nothing. You are just a simple fanboi, that feels the need to bash any game he isn't playing. In the begining I gave you more credit than that, guess neither of us is as perfect as we like to think.

You may like to think you're perfect, but I'm obviously not quite as egotistical as you are.

Why did this thread go "well away" from the original post anyway? Because you kept trying to turn it into an EQ2 vs WoW thread, and every time I told you I have no interest in such a debate you just press the completely irrelevant point even further, exactly as you just did with your "another dodge" comment.

Just because you can't stay on topic doesn't mean I have to come along for the ride.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

LOL yet another unrelated thread turned into a EQ2 vs WoW for absolutely no reason.

And i actually read firemagic threads again since his unexpected change.

Before he was infamous for actually starting this EQ2 vs WoW flame threads out of unrelated topics .

Was reading thru and saw his name and was about to say "there he goes again"  but no it was not him!

Just had to post that sorry.Like when people make positive changes for the betterimage(honest)

And to the guy who started the flame war go away!

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Originally posted by BrokenAngel

i played the beta and was disapointed, can you guys help me out please?::::21::::::06::::::04::::::03::

This thread should have never been posted.. You have your answer right there, if you didnt like the game then why would you now after only 1 content patch that really didnt add anything new except high lvl instance or 2.....

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• ChafgrenadeChafgrenade Member Posts: 7

To the TS, I would say, you probably didn't take enough time to really appreciate WoW, seriously play the game for a couple of weeks (Aka, buy the game, its not all that expensive considdering what you'll get back for it ::::09::)

As for the two kids, I feel the need to sign you both up to surgically remove your testicles.
    Just don't go there, this has nothing to do with the discussion. Both of your sad attempts to prove yourself superior to one another failed miserably resulting in merely proving your stupidity and ability to go completely off-topic
    ::::28::

Originally posted by Chafgrenade
    As for the two kids, I feel the need to sign you both up to surgically remove your testicles.
    Just don't go there, this has nothing to do with the discussion. Both of your sad attempts to prove yourself superior to one another failed miserably resulting in merely proving your stupidity and ability to go completely off-topic
    ::::28::

Nice attempt to prove yourself superior while being completely off-topic. Isn't irony great? ::::20::

First off, have any of you bothered to read the original post? The OP was asking for help in making a decision about WoW, so a comparison to other MMO's is perfectly on topic. Second, the OP said he was gonig to make his decsion that day. Being well past that date, off topic discussion won't really effect the OP that much.

Now, for the people saying Firemagic wasn't trying to be inflamatory, let me quote his VERY FIRST post:

"If you do what a lot of people seem to do (overreact and cry like a baby every time someone behaves in a way you don't like) then you'll probably hate the community, but if you can brush things off without getting hysterical and crumpling into the fetal position you should have a great time"

Yeah, no flames there huh?

Yes I did ask for Firemagic to offer something that backs up his opinion that WoW is better than EQ2, but again, a comparison is perfectly on topic. Not only is it on topic here, but I've also asked him on threads labeled WoW v. EQ2, yet he refueses to back up his opinions with anything, but still continues to post his opinon.

I'm also not trying to prove myself superior to anyone. I'm just trying to prove how useless Firemagic's posts are. How when he tries to sit on his high horse looking down on everyone, making statements like anyone who plays EQ2 must be stupid (deny it please, I'd LOVE to throw that post in your face), all he really is, is a WoW fanboi that feels the need to tear down another game.

Firemagic,

Your posts are useless. You post opinions without anything to back them up (repeatedly), and then whine when someone else does the same thing.

You want proof that 29 out of 30 people I meet, I don't want to be around? It's true because there is a railroad station made out of stone in Savannah Ga. Which makes about as much sense as your reasons of why WoW is better than EQ2.