Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about the lates Xpac

So i quit Lotro right b4 Mirkwood due to some RL problems, now i wanna go back  but i dont have the xpac and my question is  do i have to buy the xpac or can i sub for like 3 months and get it free?, does this still works ?

Comments

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Gotta buy it now. That 3 month option ended on November 18th. Was a limited time only, thing.

• Dilir79Dilir79 Member Posts: 64

Well that  sux :( , i dont wanna spend alot of money . . .

Thanks for the fast reply

It's only $20. Far cheaper than any expack I've ever bought. Up to you though. I personally think it's worth it, enjoying the game so much these days I went and bought a lifetime sub.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Originally posted by elocke

It's only $20. Far cheaper than any expack I've ever bought. Up to you though. I personally think it's worth it, enjoying the game so much these days I went and bought a lifetime sub.

You just lost a chance to vote with your wallet once things turn up not the way you might like in the future.

REALITY CHECK

I've been playing the game off and on since it released and every time I go back it gets better. Guess what. That means they are improving all the time and at a consistent pace, and now I don't have the pressure of $15 a month.

I understand your point, but my decision was not made lightly. Consider, I plan to play STO, but only on a monthly basis as I see NO reason to buy a lifetime sub for that game.

Also, you say I "lost" the ability to vote with my wallet. I think I just voted FOR the game with my wallet. Landslide victory for LOTRO! Within 2 years it will payoff and I can still vote with my wallet for future expansions(which I have no doubt I will buy). This game is just THAT good to me and is growing beyond what I thought it would.

• MurdusMurdus Member UncommonPosts: 698

I have an additional question and dont see the point in making another thread so ill ask it here:

If i have a level 35ish character, do I need to buy this before resubbing? I have MoM but don't want to spend the money if there are no gameplay elements that I'm missing out on until later. So more straightfowardly: at what level should I buy this expansion to get the actual gameplay from it?

Basically at around level 60 you will probably want to buy Siege of Mirkwood. Unless you love skirmishes so much, they become available at level 30, currently buying the expansion unlocks them completely for you. Other than the skirmishes though, the rest of the content added is all upper level, past 60.

As a side note, I think the skirmish weekly limit might be removed in the next patch, thereby making the expansion really only worth buying at around level 60.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Originally posted by elocke

I've been playing the game off and on since it released and every time I go back it gets better. Guess what. That means they are improving all the time and at a consistent pace, and now I don't have the pressure of $15 a month.
    I understand your point, but my decision was not made lightly. Consider, I plan to play STO, but only on a monthly basis as I see NO reason to buy a lifetime sub for that game.
    Also, you say I "lost" the ability to vote with my wallet. I think I just voted FOR the game with my wallet. Landslide victory for LOTRO! Within 2 years it will payoff and I can still vote with my wallet for future expansions(which I have no doubt I will buy). This game is just THAT good to me and is growing beyond what I thought it would.

Yes, the importance of your vote went down from 200$ per year (15$/month +20$ expansion) to 20$ per year (one paid expansion per year) which is 90% decline in importance of your vote.

I am more than happy I did not go for lifetime at release, when I enjoyed the game. With the recent changes since MoM, I can happily say, I cancelled my subscription and voted with my wallet, because I do not like the way the game is heading. I'm afraid you can't do that anymore. They already squeezed your wallet, and will rather focus to appeal the sort of playerbase that did not already paid for lifetime, or is paying monthly subscription.

REALITY CHECK

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

I will hold off on latest xpac for a while the wife and i just came back a couple weeks ago and really wish we had got the 2 lifetime accounts back when it released. Good game with a great community.