Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Games for RP Capacity in 2009

angus858angus858 Member UncommonPosts: 381

Massively considered which mmorpgs have the best capacity for RP in 2009.  The results ... a tie between Fallen Earth and Champions Online.  Read more here:

http://www.massively.com/2010/01/01/massively-readers-and-staff-choice-awards-results-for-2009/

Comments

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

See, this is when Reader's Choice gets full of crap. =P

• Ex0dUs101Ex0dUs101 Member UncommonPosts: 273

I agree with the staff choices, ive been involved in both games and both have very strong rp communities, readers choices are hilarious though lol

• KieraLeiKieraLei Member Posts: 18

So when FFXIV is released this year, do you think it will take place in best game for RP capacity?

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by KieraLei

So when FFXIV is released this year, do you think it will take place in best game for RP capacity?

unless ff 14 adopt cloud computing way (a la onlive but with donnybrooks,dx11 , etc etc etc

i dont see this happening.

• Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251

Ive played Champions Online I have a Lifetime Sub (Unfortanatlly) And I have never seen any RP done on that game...LOL

No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
    Originally posted by Quizar1973

Ive played Champions Online I have a Lifetime Sub (Unfortanatlly) And I have never seen any RP done on that game...LOL

Then your completely blind....

Visit Club Caprice, RP there 24 hours a day, join the Champions RP channel for constant IC chat and RP meets, goto CORP (http://www.championsonlineroleplayers.com/), theres more RP supergroups than there are non.....

How youve never seen any RP in there i have no clue

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Ex0dUs101

Visit Club Caprice, RP there 24 hours a day, join the Champions RP channel for constant IC chat and RP meets, goto CORP (http://www.championsonlineroleplayers.com/), theres more RP supergroups than there are non.....

You're looking at things from within the RP circle, so you see it constantly. For those outside the RP circle, it is rare to see any RP. He's not blind, rather he's just seeing things, like you, from his particular circle and crowd.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by Loktofeit

Originally posted by Ex0dUs101

You're looking at things from within the RP circle, so you see it constantly. For those outside the RP circle, it is rare to see any RP. He's not blind, rather he's just seeing things, like you, from his particular circle and crowd.

Im not in the RP circle, i use CO for PVP and PVE currently, this is common knowledge for any CO player, RP in Club Caprice has been a hot topic since day one when people were griefed with chair throwing....

• MazeltoffMazeltoff Member Posts: 1

Reader's Choice obsession with ROM?

• Default101Default101 Member UncommonPosts: 55

I haven't played any of the games listed here, but from my experience DDO is very RP friendly. Running on the D&D 3.5 system, and being completely instance based certainly helps. As with any MMO though, it's really more about who you play with than what you play.

• B-RaanB-Raan Member Posts: 15

I have not played Runes of Magic yet, but according to this I should.

As far as RP goes, I find it pretty easy to do in any game I play. I just never go out of character, and others either play along, or leave me alone. I think the game that has the best capacity for RP (that I have played), is Fallen Earth. I didnt expect that to be the case when I first started, but over time the canyon has become my home away from home.

• ComstrikeComstrike Member Posts: 21

Lord of the Rings Online. We have ample RP on Landroval server. Hard to avoid it really.

Comstrike
    Founder, Leader, www.SonsOfNumenor.com LOTRO - SW.ToR (Yes, we are recruiting)