Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BixagBixag Member Posts: 14

Comments

• TarlTarl Member Posts: 67

Neocron was one of the biggest pieces of tripe ever to come across my pc, and it includes AC2, and Horizons, what a pile of dung..... good luck to it...

• MasentajaMasentaja Member Posts: 31

Why post here such things? Nobody cares! image

Instead, constructive feedback would be nice.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Bixag
    I finaly had it whit this Junk.Since NC2 came out the patches have only come whit more bugs than
    they fixed and the game still crash lots off time during some hours of play for me.
    I meen the devlopers need to start fixing things.Instead im gonna start playing European Version of WoW when it comes out and i know
    lots off other NC players that will to.

So NC 2 is having just as many problems as 1? I tried 1, it wasn't pretty for me.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• Dirk_GentlyDirk_Gently Member Posts: 193

Originally posted by Masentaja

It's kind of hard to be constructive about a game that has the same problems as in 2002. It is a big shame that this is still going on because Neocron could be a great game, it is just let down by what seems to be a lack of clear vision by the devs as to what they are meant to be doing.

I keep checking back into the trial to see if it has been fixed yet but no luck :(

A good wife deserves more than half the praise, just as a bad one deserves more than half the blame. - Tacitus

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Dirk_Gently
    Originally posted by Masentaja

It's kind of hard to be constructive about a game that has the same problems as in 2002. It is a big shame that this is still going on because Neocron could be a great game, it is just let down by what seems to be a lack of clear vision by the devs as to what they are meant to be doing.

I keep checking back into the trial to see if it has been fixed yet but no luck :(

I couldnt handle that the women looked rather masculine <shivers>

Well that and the company that distributes the game wouldnt let me have a good key since they shipped me the game with a bad one. And then they ignored Reakktor supports request for me new one. I felt sorry for that VERY NICE and professional support woman helping me.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• BlastBlast Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by Bixag

I finaly had it whit this Junk.
    Since NC2 came out the patches have only come whit more bugs than
    they fixed and the game still crash lots off time during some hours of play for me.
    I meen the devlopers need to start fixing things.
    Instead im gonna start playing European Version of WoW when it comes out and i know
    lots off other NC players that will to.

this is true for many games, wow is grabbing customers left and right ;)

• TheRedDreadTheRedDread Member UncommonPosts: 158
    I played neocron for 1 month and quit. This game is simply too easy. This game has alot of potential if it was done properly without bugs. It was lacking players and it wasn't fun being alone most of the time. Unless you make some friends and join their clan. It gets lame after a certain time. It was a great game to play for 2 weeks.

• KoltraneKoltrane Member UncommonPosts: 1,049

WoW may be grabbing customers from all games, but NC is its own worst enemy.  I played for a good 6 months and loved the world, but the game was so buggy that I finally gave up.  I never, and I mean never, played NC that the client didn't crash at least once during my session.  I haven't been back in over a year, but it sounds like little has changed.

-----

Old timer.

• YourWaytoHelYourWaytoHel Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Koltrane

WoW may be grabbing customers from all games, but NC is its own worst enemy.  I played for a good 6 months and loved the world, but the game was so buggy that I finally gave up.  I never, and I mean never, played NC that the client didn't crash at least once during my session.  I haven't been back in over a year, but it sounds like little has changed.

WoW is a mess, the game to me is really boring after some days, its running around searching a special mob to kill for quest or only running around talking to npc for quest, no houses no player dealers, no guildhall, blizzard did a bad job (as usual). so long time to built that game and what is the result? maybe the game gets better after all players have maxlvl and the pvp becomes more the center of it..but what about that grafics, my eyes become red and i cry looking at that image

NC2 is much better than 1, engine runs without crashes most of the time, and no game can compare to it cause uf its pvp system, a mmorpg with cs-aiming, real combat u wont find that again image

real combat u wont find that again

What game are you playing?? Neocron combat is done on a dice roll to determine if you hit, the rate of fire is also a dice roll (similar to morrowind), it is basically just a variation on D&D where the player has to do part of the aiming and the movement in real time, it is by no stretch of the imagination a 'real' fps. The major part of combat is getting a good set up for your character so he get's a good hits ratio, does alot of damage and doesn't take much damage. Real combat??? Not if I put the crosshair over a target and then miss because the dice roll is wrong.

Neocron was always a decent game, it was just never very well supported on the whole (though I never had a problem with customer service who I always found to be decent, just with buig fixes, updates etc which were always very slow or never happened) I really think the devs made a huge mistake in marketing it as a FPS; it put alot of RPG fans off playing when it really didn't need to, as alot of pen & paper style rpgers would have liked the combat system.

A good wife deserves more than half the praise, just as a bad one deserves more than half the blame. - Tacitus

• ZoneseeKZoneseeK Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by YourWaytoHel
    WoW is a mess, the game to me is really boring after some days, its running around searching a special mob to kill for quest or only running around talking to npc for quest, no houses no player dealers, no guildhall, blizzard did a bad job (as usual). so long time to built that game and what is the result? maybe the game gets better after all players have maxlvl and the pvp becomes more the center of it..but what about that grafics, my eyes become red and i cry looking at that image
    NC2 is much better than 1, engine runs without crashes most of the time, and no game can compare to it cause uf its pvp system, a mmorpg with cs-aiming, real combat u wont find that again image

Do yourself a favor and stop playing mmorpgs...make a cs server and enjoy it.

What game are you playing?? Neocron combat is done on a dice roll to determine if you hit, the rate of fire is also a dice roll (similar to morrowind), it is basically just a variation on D&D where the player has to do part of the aiming and the movement in real time, it is by no stretch of the imagination a 'real' fps. The major part of combat is getting a good set up for your character so he get's a good hits ratio, does alot of damage and doesn't take much damage. Real combat??? Not if I put the crosshair over a target and then miss because the dice roll is wrong.

Well said, hand-eye coordination isn't really a skill anyway...everyone can do it. I have yet to meet a single gamer that sucked at aiming. The only class thats tough to play in nc is a ppu, and its not hard due to aiming...its hard because you have to kno waht spells to cast, when, and on what players. It takes alot of strategy to play a ppu. Funny thing is in most mmorpgs it takes that much strategy to play almost every class lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by StanLee2

I have to weigh in also. Neocrap 1 and 2 are both terrible.

As an MMORPG game designer (wont say for whom) this should never have been taken out of alpha.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• YourWaytoHelYourWaytoHel Member Posts: 3
    @zoneseek sure u where a member of ronins or some of the other clans we bashed over and over image
  • OrigigiNomadOrigigiNomad Member Posts: 91

Ok, first of all, don't say that wow sux as if its a fact cuz it ain't. You may not like it but don't treat that as a fact. And since you don't know how combat system works in the game you are playing atm I doubt you had a fair chance of rating wow.

@zoneseek sure u where a member of ronins or some of the other clans we bashed over and over image

huh? In my pluto day's I was TR, on Saturn I was part of New Dawn and thereafter co-founder and leader of The Cartel...you know that Black Dragon clan that held the entire Saturn map for months on end? I also won 3 consecutive pvp tournaments on Saturn, im sure I can pull up the old threads of neocron.jafc.de. Neocron is an easy game to play, and its easy to be good at.

I don't know who you are, probably some joke nc2 nobody, either way any oldschool nc players will know exactly who I am. Get some skills and talk more noob trash about ronins or some other uranus n00b clan that noones ever heard of.

As an MMORPG game designer (wont say for whom) this should never have been taken out of alpha.

Originally posted by ZoneseeK
    Get some skills and talk more noob trash about ronins or some other uranus n00b clan that noones ever heard of.

There was a zoneseek on Uranus but he wasn't old school he was like last 6 months of NC1.

And Saturn was the server for all the noobs who needed to hide their lack of skills behind their mates...... :::^b::

Originally posted by Dirk_Gently

Get some skills and talk more noob trash about ronins or some other uranus n00b clan that noones ever heard of.

There was a zoneseek on Uranus but he wasn't old school he was like last 6 months of NC1.

And Saturn was the server for all the noobs who needed to hide their lack of skills behind their mates...... :::^b::

zoneseek on uranus was me, i barely ever played there..i rolled a tpc tank and dueled capped players for a few weeks to see if it was worth my time to make more chars...i never bothered

i stayed on saturn because it had more competition then uranus and pluto combined, in my opinion. that was of course 6 months after retail...the first 6 months of nc retail was all about pluto. eventually i got to know all my competition, then vet came over to saturn aswell as a few others i knew well on pluto..then it was over, we schooled that server until the day half of us got banned (not me) haha and the other half quit, for the most part

i stayed on saturn because it had more competition then uranus and pluto combined, in my opinion. that was of course 6 months after retail...the first 6 months of nc retail was all about pluto. eventually i got to know all my competition, then vet came over to saturn aswell as a few others i knew well on pluto..then it was over, we schooled that server until the day half of us got banned (not me) haha and the other half quit, for the most part

*sniff* those were the days. ::::05::

• MentatMentat Member UncommonPosts: 516

Originally posted by Koltrane

I said it before and will say it again, this opinion you have is so very obviosly one developed over only days of play. WoW is awesome - you just didn't give it enough of a chance. Blizzard made the game easy to learn but, difficult to master - like chess. Giving an opinion of a game before you've had a chance to experience the guts of the game is extremely weak in my opinion.

WoW - it's where you wanna be...

• superhero13superhero13 Member Posts: 170

Hey Dirk, arent you part of the CONFLICT:Omega team?

How's that going? Ive had such high hopes for that indy project.

Originally posted by superhero13
    Hey Dirk, arent you part of the CONFLICT:Omega team?How's that going? Ive had such high hopes for that indy project.

Yep I am involved in the CO project. Things seem to be going pretty well, we have a good solid team together and the different strands of development appear to be coming together nicelyl. There is going to be a big update to the website (www.conflictomega.com) soon announcing all of the exciting new stuff that our Team Leader has got in place over the last couple of months. The project is shaping up for a really big year and any input is, of course always welcome. ::::39::

• ErminzhadErminzhad Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Tarl
    Neocron was one of the biggest pieces of tripe ever to come across my pc, and it includes AC2, and Horizons, what a pile of dung..... good luck to it...

Neocron was a good game but the bugs from beta never really got addressed and support was terrible.