Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can just imagine first hour of closed beta....

JigsawzJigsawz Member Posts: 115

....players doing nothing but jumping O.o

Guild wars has always been the game I go back to, even after trying all the p2p mmos, so I have very high hopes for GW2.  After trying Warhammer Online I couldn't believe the game was made after GW, it just felt inferior.  The guys at arena net know what they're doing. Go GW2!!!

Comments

• MattMassacreMattMassacre Member Posts: 182

Mhmm fuck everything else. FIRST thing i do is get in a good GW jump. No more /jump! WIN!!!

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

I will slide and jump in the grove,im a sylvari :) Take a bath too with some green creatures.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

[dreaming]

First I will be jumping... and a lot.

Then I will check the map, I loved the fog-style of GW1, gave me the pleasure of fully exploring it even before titles were available. I was sad when I found that not all the world (fog) was explorable, but this will be less of an issue. I wonder if it will feature the same system though.

And then it will be time to explore whatever the beta will feature, but I doubt they will beta it. Instead they might do as they made with GW1, calling them Preview Events instead of Betas, and I really hope they will do an E3 for Everyone preview event like they did with GW1 as the first ever playable demonstration of GW available.

[/dreaming]

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

In Before Bunny Hopping QQ, like WarhammerAlliance.com had during closed beta arguments

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

i was thinking that the 1st thing players will do is look for a lake and jump into it ;)

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    Originally posted by illyana

i was thinking that the 1st thing players will do is look for a lake and jump into it ;)

I prefer to jump from a cliff and die... this is usually what causes my first death in a game: "Let's see if gravity works as intended". When it isn't the cause, it's because the game features no freedom enough to let you jump from a cliff, or magically there's no fall damage, because I will surely try it :P

• WeareweareWeareweare Member UncommonPosts: 195

Is there any word on taking damage if your jump distance was too far? For example, jumping from a cliff to the bottom of the cliff would lead to death? Anyhow, that's not going to stop most people. : )

• dubledubdubledub Member Posts: 229
    Originally posted by Weareweare

Is there any word on taking damage if your jump distance was too far? For example, jumping from a cliff to the bottom of the cliff would lead to death? Anyhow, that's not going to stop most people. : )

I should think it will - I can't imagine a game being released that doesn't have that..

• WeareweareWeareweare Member UncommonPosts: 195

Yes, and no. They could either implement that system, or go about it a different way. They could block off dangerous jumps(which is a bit boring) among many other things... I can't really think of many right now other than allowing jumps and having a long knock down time and bleed effect. Anyhow this isn't the most important aspect to the jumping system. I'm sure random arenas are other pvp will be tons more fun with more character freedom. As with any other game with jumping implemented everyone will be bunnies especially the first day of close beta, hahaha.

• KwintpodKwintpod Member Posts: 262
    Originally posted by Weareweare

Yes, this has been confirmed. The devs said earlier that they had a great time jumping off cliffs as the fall damage hadn't been implemented yet

• PetzenPetzen Member Posts: 74

I'm so glad they are allow us to jump :) It's the single thing I dislike about GW - actually it annoys me so much I don't bother playing even though it's my favorit mmo xD 

• Bael13Bael13 Member Posts: 29

Wow i can't see the big deal about jumping....

I don't jump in real life so why would i in game (too much exercise)....

there are a million things i'd rather check than Jumping..

Originally posted by Bael13

Wow i can't see the big deal about jumping....
    I don't jump in real life so why would i in game (too much exercise)....
    there are a million things i'd rather check than Jumping..

Jump is freedom

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

I would laugh if it had realistic jumping rather than superhero jumping that mmos now have.

Originally posted by arenasb

I would laugh if it had realistic jumping rather than superhero jumping that mmos now have.

what that?

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Fool's freedom is overrated.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

Superhero jump sucks..realistic jump is the best thing to have.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494
    The only time I jumped in the last 6 years is when I drove a 4 wheeler into a ditch and tried to jump off it and land on my feet like a badass.  I landed on one foot, and then violently tore my acl.  I could care less about jumping in games.  I would rather have no jumping than bunny hopping girly men from CS or MW.

• Bael13Bael13 Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by ProfRed

The only time I jumped in the last 6 years is when I drove a 4 wheeler into a ditch and tried to jump off it and land on my feet like a badass.  I landed on one foot, and then violently tore my acl.  I could care less about jumping in games.  I would rather have no jumping than bunny hopping girly men from CS or MW.

haha see Jumping is evil.

much prefer to test lag, GUI setup and and keyboard +mouse connectivity in my first hour.