Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Ex-WoW miss WoW?

12346»

Comments

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

I started playing WoW a month after release and have quit it 4 times now. I always figured I'd be back but I don't know about the next expac. I have been gone from the game now since June and other than the several close friends I made I don't miss the daily and weekly gear grind. Once you've played all the classes, even though I've only capped 4 of them the rest are around 30, you tend to realize that its all the same thing. Once that begins it only take a little time to start picking out the bad like most of the children that think they are better than everyone, the asses that gear check for 5 man heroics,  the repetition, I could go on but I've got better things to do in life than complain about what amounts to a game that will be replaced eventually.

• zeuseasonzeuseason Member UncommonPosts: 69

I don't miss it a bit.  I put in 4 years and quit last year.  Then I signed up for a free trial over the holidays, played leisurely for 10 days and it was ok.  Then I remembered all the number crunching 7 nights a week gut-wrenching raiding, the endless hours of farming for materials, the endless hours of looking for a group sitting in Dal to bang out the daily heroic only to fail with a crappy group, the endless hours spent punching out dailies for no reason at all, the endless community arguments over stupid sh!t, the endless DIRGE spam over chat, the endless mod updates, argggggghhhhhhhhhhhh........

Do I miss it?  No not at all.

• chaod1984chaod1984 Member Posts: 271

although alot of credit must go to Blizzard for bringing MMO's into pop-culture I don't miss it at all.  I left the game because I was sick of how easy it had become.  Anyone could obtain decent gear, you could pug raid dungeons with an entire group of people that had never been there before and clear naxx or kill 3-6 bosses in Ulduar....it was just ridiculously easy.   Now they bring back Onyxia after they copy and pasted Naxx (deleting the difficulty) and with the next expansion they are just adding cool destruction and land-shifting effects to Azeroth...whether that follows lore or not, I personally do not want the same thing with a different color bow on it.  The game was great when it was challenging (pre-BC) but now it's just as easy as hello kitty online...

I've since moved to AoC and raid regularly....really like the mature theme of the game (no...not just the boobies).  The blood, the landscapes, the fatalities, the bosses...everything just has a much more dark and realistic feel to it, while offering a fun combat system, plenty of instanced dungeons, enough raids and some really good guilds that arent impossible to find or join.  I haven't ran across any elitists either, which was a breath of fresh air.  The game offers a challenge and has a new expansion coming out that presents an entirely new world set in Asia.  Should be awesome....as of now, Im dying to log on every chance I get....Im sure it will wear off much like WoW did, but for now Im having a blast.

For all those still enjoying WoW, Im happy for ya!  I hope the new expansion gives you hours and hours of more fun to be had!

• chaod1984chaod1984 Member Posts: 271
    Originally posted by slipfeed

In a five man heroic HOL, One moron dosent stay stacked running back and forth from loken, and the whole group wipes.
    Ten man naxx is way harder than the 40 man version.  Depending on who's in your raid and what thier gear is it may even be harder than 25. 
    Wow was never hard.  It was just alot easier for us elitest pricks to keep people away from the epics when we could run the show on one of the three 40 mans running this week in BwL.
    I felt this way up untill the point where I quit.  Compared to five man heroics, 25 man raids are fking cake.  Compared to heroics, 40 man raids are a snore fest.

I have to disagree....ZG was much harder than 10 man Naxx will ever be.  Heroics are cake....I mean...real easy.  I did all 10 man raids in WotLK too...tanked them all....they were cake.  Ulduar doesnt pose a real challenge until the iron council and even that can be easy once pally's get the strat down.  Then you go to BWL....it took my raid group about 1-2 months at twice or three times a week to get to the second boss fight....Wasn't easy by any standard.  Maybe the elitists got there quicker, but I dont spend my life on games.  Naxx 10 man was cleared by my group in less than a month at once a week....yeah, 3 weeks and cleared...it was sad.   THe only fight that poses any kind of challenge is KT but it didnt take long to overcome that...maybe 4 wipes.

Pre-BC was much more challenging than after....this game was simplified to add more subs and retain its popularity in the pop-culture and it will continue to do so.

• lisubablisubab Member Posts: 670
    Originally posted by chaod1984

Originally posted by slipfeed

In a five man heroic HOL, One moron dosent stay stacked running back and forth from loken, and the whole group wipes.
    Ten man naxx is way harder than the 40 man version.  Depending on who's in your raid and what thier gear is it may even be harder than 25. 
    Wow was never hard.  It was just alot easier for us elitest pricks to keep people away from the epics when we could run the show on one of the three 40 mans running this week in BwL.
    I felt this way up untill the point where I quit.  Compared to five man heroics, 25 man raids are fking cake.  Compared to heroics, 40 man raids are a snore fest.

I have to disagree....ZG was much harder than 10 man Naxx will ever be.  Heroics are cake....I mean...real easy.  I did all 10 man raids in WotLK too...tanked them all....they were cake.  Ulduar doesnt pose a real challenge until the iron council and even that can be easy once pally's get the strat down.  Then you go to BWL....it took my raid group about 1-2 months at twice or three times a week to get to the second boss fight....Wasn't easy by any standard.  Maybe the elitists got there quicker, but I dont spend my life on games.  Naxx 10 man was cleared by my group in less than a month at once a week....yeah, 3 weeks and cleared...it was sad.   THe only fight that poses any kind of challenge is KT but it didnt take long to overcome that...maybe 4 wipes.

Pre-BC was much more challenging than after....this game was simplified to add more subs and retain its popularity in the pop-culture and it will continue to do so.

An instance 2 years ago is harder not because it is better, it is becausee Blizz design things in a way that only a few can handle the mobs.  Its like playing tennis, if you are given a broken racket, you will find it harder to play.

In pre-BC days, there simply are NO other ways of getting gear.  You need attunement to MC and grind long hopeless hours for 1 drop and 40 man die to ninja it.  Without the gear, it simply is hard b/c mathemtically, you just do not deliver enough dps unless no one makes a mistake.  DC, lag whatever, its over.

Raids in WoW now is designed for all, everyone is expected to be able to walk in a give it a try.  Those who want to do it harder have various achievements to grab.  Fact is, until we have ulduar gear, it is not easy to clear all bosses in naxx without one member dying.  Fact is, even now, doing end bosses of ulduar without help from the 4 freed demigods is still pretty hard, even if you grossly outgear it in ilvl245+ gear.

Challenge or not, it all boils down you each players evaluation of how much fun he got from the game.  If its no more fun, no amount of gimmicks will serve the purpose.  The best way to play a game is preparation to not playing, that is, when I want to stop playing, I have other ways to feel happy / kill time.

• spades07spades07 Member UncommonPosts: 852

sometimes, I'll resub but then I'll remember the same old thing and log off. It really should have come up with new classes, and new low level areas imo. Catalysm maybe what I'm looking for mind.