Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No new races?

92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

I dont see how EQ can implement any new races. If EQ2 is in the future, it shows all the races that have survived from EQLive. So the only race that EQ doesnt have is Ratongas, which I guess are the only ones they can add. The only things I could think SoE will add is zones and higher level content.

Comments

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Not really true. They could add new races, they'd would just have to write why they aren't in Everquest 2. Make it a quest for people to discover what happen to them during the destruction of Norrath. Or the easy way out would be to make any new race be one that was found on the moon or make it a Plane race, an area similar to Plane of Knowledge. In that, that's their world and where they came from and when the Gods left, access to it was cut off. I think that would be an interesting add on if they did that.

I just seriously wish they would revamp the old world and add new things cause while new areas is nice, the old world is so empty and has been for a LONG time. Its good if you want to solo but even with that it feels like you are playing a single player game unless you are in a guild to hear GUILD chat.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

They can add new continents.

Those continents could be pretty FAR and losing all connection to the old world after the cataclyst.

Those new races should be either xenophobic to some extend or very dedicated to their own race to explain why nobody see any in EQ2 so far, it is easy to explain they all left back to their continent who have some issues that need to be taken care off.  Not to forget that Kunark and Velious could have weird isolationist races.

You can also have, aquatic races...aquatic elfs could be busy fighting the nasty Iskars or whatever.  You can have ''hollows world'', dont recall reading anywhere how Norrath planet was, if it is a planet to start with.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Good points. They can always go that route. Adding new continents would be the way to go and fits in with Everquest 2 since things are seperated into small continents/or really large islands. Depends how you look at it. They don't have to be big either in Everquest.

Something the size of Odus where the Erudins are would work just fine. Just have their city, a newbie starting area and an area for the teen levels and a way for them to get to the rest of the world via Plane of Knowledge book or boat. Make it a stop off to a new high level area so there is some traffic through it so veterns can stop by if they aren't making characters. That might be the best way to go about it. This could be done in 4 to 5 zones.

I'd say something off the coast of Velious might be good. Since that's really the only area that doesn't have any starting locations.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

They should think of a way to add new stuff without making everything trivial or been trivial as soon as implemented.

A possible solution would be new stats available only in those dungeons, but those stats dont affect the rest of the world, or in a very trivial way.  Levels caps(not the way they work, need to rework it so peoples are the maximum possible level instead of been unable to enter).   Exemple:  You can use vitality instead of HPS into the new zones, where the OFF stats are very trivial in affecting the IN stats.  The limit is your imagination, but trivialising is not working.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren