Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone brung this back?

Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686

I had fun in this game, as a f2p it would be among the best.

Any word of that - or any...community projects? ;)

I play all ghame

Comments

• pauldriverpauldriver Member Posts: 198

Brung?

Jam is sticky.

• SevenOmaticSevenOmatic Member UncommonPosts: 177

I have not heard of anything. Still missing AA every now and then though.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Not likely to happen.  NCSoft is to games as Fox is to Joss Whedon TV series'...

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Robsolf

Not likely to happen.  NCSoft is to games as Fox is to Joss Whedon TV series'...

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

curses to the cretins who couldnt see Firefly for the awesomeness that it really was.. 

• Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686

yeah brung? Maybe your not american but I have heard it used many times in that context.

I play all ghame

• Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686

True, the only good thing NCSoft did was give ArenaNet money

I play all ghame

• GreenWidowGreenWidow Member Posts: 157

I would PAY to play it again.  I loved AA.  A lot of people I know loved AA.

They could not support the game with the profit margin they wanted, so they cancelled it.

I still do not know why...it was making money based on the number of people I saw in the game.

Just not making money at the speed they desired.

Then again they probly wanted the servers for Aion. 

That not fun game is probly running on the same server.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”The Iron Code"

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by Phry

curses to the cretins who couldnt see Firefly for the awesomeness that it really was.. 

i agre with you on that!they would rater re-re-re-broadcast law & order instead!

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

nvm

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• BentistoBentisto Member Posts: 21

It was a decent game, and defenately fresh to the genre

• AshyrnorAshyrnor Member Posts: 37

Why is there no private server?    I miss this game so much its not even funny, I saw some youtube videos of gameplay and i can't get it out of my head D: 

• BarelyEinsteinBarelyEinstein Member UncommonPosts: 245

I still cry myself to sleep some nights, thinking of what could have been.

RIP AA, I still love you.

• joker007mojoker007mo Member Posts: 712

sad i didnt get to try it when i first got guild wars i got 3 trial keys still to a game that doesnt exist

• pepsi1028pepsi1028 Member Posts: 471

I played in the beta all the way to its final minutes :( Why cant we get a private server??? This is the only game besides DAoC that I actually miss every second ;[ Hopefully Darkfall will bring me the joy Auto Assault did whenever it gets done patching

†Pepsi1028†

PEPSI!!!!!
    Get out of your box already...

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by GreenWidow

They could not support the game with the profit margin they wanted, so they cancelled it.
    I still do not know why...it was making money based on the number of people I saw in the game.

NetDevil tried to sell it to NCsoft, NC said no deal, and they eventually had to shut down. Not that difficult to understand.

And the title wasn't making money. Auto Assault lost NCsoft a lot of money (over $13 million) in the year it launched, and sold horribly. Compared to the rest of NC's titles, Auto Assault was the parsley on the edge of the several course meal. No one goes to a restaurant because of that parsley, they go because of the food.

Originally posted by Omali

Originally posted by GreenWidow

NetDevil tried to sell it to NCsoft, NC said no deal, and they eventually had to shut down. Not that difficult to understand.

And the title wasn't making money. Auto Assault lost NCsoft a lot of money (over $13 million) in the year it launched, and sold horribly. Compared to the rest of NC's titles, Auto Assault was the parsley on the edge of the several course meal. No one goes to a restaurant because of that parsley, they go because of the food.

but then it wasnt as prominent as guild wars i mean guild wars has been a big title for nc maybe if it had been a different developer that woulda gave full attention to it then maybe it woulda fared better?

• mschi772mschi772 Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by Player_420

yeah brung? Maybe your not american but I have heard it used many times in that context.

Just because you've heard it doesn't mean that "brung" is a word.  It is not.

"Has anyone brought this back?"

• Originally posted by Phry

QFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by mschi772

Originally posted by Player_420

Just because you've heard it doesn't mean that "brung" is a word.  It is not.

"Has anyone brought this back?"

Main Entry: brung

Pronunciation: ?br??

chiefly dialect past and past participle of bring

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/brung

i will add though brought would be  correct if one was worried about such nonsense frankly though knowing the correct grammar  and caring to use it are two different things

even better all through school i got told ain't isn't a word and as it turns out it got added a while back along with lots of other words typically considered slang

• AshyrnorAshyrnor Member Posts: 37

If I am to understand correctly, NC lost tons of money on the game. If that is so, and I am not crazy, were there not deals to buy the IP from NC from a couple parties of interest? Why would you not sell the IP for what you can get, rather than hold on to it meaninglessly? They are not doing anything with it, the only flicker of hope I ever have from this is someone makes a game like AA, which is unlikely due to the game failing, or NC is holding on to the IP for some unknown reason. God Damnit NCSoft.

I am staring at a Pre-Order box, and a Retail box. I want to cry.