Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Damn, Eltnen's boring...

dubledubdubledub Member Posts: 229

The second I got to Heiron I started getting loads of new exp, was really enjoying the location and the scenery and the quests. Eltnen is so DULL. Considered quitting a couple times but stuck with it and really glad I did :)

I played asmo side in beta but didn't get far, what is the equivalent (lvl 19 + ) place in asmo land and is it really looonnnggg and booorrrriinnngg..?

Comments

• cyandkcyandk Member UncommonPosts: 142

banana?

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

• dubledubdubledub Member Posts: 229
    Originally posted by cyandk

banana?

hmm..? as in, that's the name of the asmo equivalent of Eltnen? haha

• slipfeedslipfeed Member UncommonPosts: 88

Meh, herion is just as snoreworthy as the rest of the game.

Which is to say...

SNoooOOOOOrrrrrre.

Sanity is a delusion. The only truth is madness.

• ZyrenaZyrena Member UncommonPosts: 91

Eltnen's equivilant, Morheim?  Started out Asmo but then went the Elyos so it's been since the first few days of release since I've been in that zone.

The whole game overall is a borefest with little to no replayability due to it always being the same quest lines regardless of class.  And the boring questlines keep on going.  From grinding instances for armor repeatables to just pure frustration at running the same thing 30+ times with no loot ever dropping for anyone.

Glad you're enjoying your game time in there again.  I played for as long as I could and called it quits.  The grind at 50 was just enough for me.

• ElectriceyeElectriceye Member UncommonPosts: 1,171

Yea I agree OP. For some reason, Elten pales in comparison to other zones. I don't know why, but it's incredibly dull.. I played Elyos on CN servers, and hated the zone.

After EU launched I chose Asmo, and Elten's dullness was a big part of my friends and mine's decision. I by far liked Morheim better, but I can't put my finger on it. It feels much less "empty" than Elten, and I liked the overall feel of the zone much more. It's known that lvls 20-25 are among the worst in the whole game, though in my experience, Asmos have it easier when it comes to these levels.

Originally posted by Electriceye

Yea I agree OP. For some reason, Elten pales in comparison to other zones. I don't know why, but it's incredibly dull.. I played Elyos on CN servers, and hated the zone.
    After EU launched I chose Asmo, and Elten's dullness was a big part of my friends and mine's decision. I by far liked Morheim better, but I can't put my finger on it. It feels much less "empty" than Elten, and I liked the overall feel of the zone much more. It's known that lvls 20-25 are among the worst in the whole game, though in my experience, Asmos have it easier when it comes to these levels.

I spent so much time in the abyss just because I didn't want to be in eltnen haha 

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216
    Originally posted by dubledub

The second I got to Heiron I started getting loads of new exp, was really enjoying the location and the scenery and the quests. Eltnen is so DULL. Considered quitting a couple times but stuck with it and really glad I did :)
    I played asmo side in beta but didn't get far, what is the equivalent (lvl 19 + ) place in asmo land and is it really looonnnggg and booorrrriinnngg..?

The zone your talking about Asmo side is Morheim (sp?). I recommend you /quit already... Sounds to me like your wasting your time playing Aion. You need a game more like WoW or LOTRO that allows you hit max level within months and your journal is always packed to the nuts with mindless quests.

Personally I finally got my 5th level 30 toon for the armor set and am loving Aion. IMO its the best MMO out right now and will only get better in 2010. Aion isnt for everyone but for some reason folks who post here about hating the game put a smile on my face...lol

Good luck where ever you end up!! :-)

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

Originally posted by Zyrena

Eltnen's equivilant, Morheim?  Started out Asmo but then went the Elyos so it's been since the first few days of release since I've been in that zone.
    The whole game overall is a borefest with little to no replayability due to it always being the same quest lines regardless of class.  And the boring questlines keep on going.  From grinding instances for armor repeatables to just pure frustration at running the same thing 30+ times with no loot ever dropping for anyone.
    Glad you're enjoying your game time in there again.  I played for as long as I could and called it quits.  The grind at 50 was just enough for me.

Its only a grind if you make it a grind my friend..should have tried making some friends or finding a good legion. /quit FTW!! lol

Originally posted by Ethian

The zone your talking about Asmo side is Morheim (sp?). I recommend you /quit already... Sounds to me like your wasting your time playing Aion. You need a game more like WoW or LOTRO that allows you hit max level within months and your journal is always packed to the nuts with mindless quests.

Personally I finally got my 5th level 30 toon for the armor set and am loving Aion. IMO its the best MMO out right now and will only get better in 2010. Aion isnt for everyone but for some reason folks who post here about hating the game put a smile on my face...lol

Good luck where ever you end up!! :-)

No don't get me wrong I'm really enjoying it, but I just found Eltnen to be a bit of a drag which didn't really encourage me to quest so I didn't lvl up quickly. The legion really does help :) lots of time in rifts and abyss :)

Its only a grind if you make it a grind my friend..should have tried making some friends or finding a good legion. /quit FTW!! lol

Thank you Ethian, but I was in a legion and had people on my friend's list to have groups all of the time.  At any given moment, I could be in a group and go into an instance.  What made it so boring was the game itself was redundant.  I enjoyed my time socializing with my legion as well as other friends. We'd sit in vent chatting away while doing instances or other repeatables, even running around in the Abyss.  The friends were good, the game was not.

BTW I played a cleric to 50, believe me, I was never hurting for a group.

An example, and really, this one wasn't so bad.  In Sanctum, you want the gold hat from SR. Cool, run the hairpin quest 30 times (was 50 to begin with but they lowered it).  You could do a full clear of Mid SR and do up to 4 turn-ins from it.  So, you're running the same instance still 9 times (you wont get 4 turn-ins every time, or at least it's unlikely).  Then there's the, what, 5 hour cooldown timer to do the instance?  Same scripted encounters every time.  Yep, boring FOR ME.

At 50, you get the questline to begin your Miragents armor.  There are NPCs you have to talk to that spawn once a game day and they are only up for 1 game hour (about 5 min RL time).  The NPCs also spawn 1 hour earlier from the previous one, so you have to wait an entire game day -1 game hour and HOPE the NPC spawns.  After all that running around, you'll then have to do a repeatable quest 30 times which requires 40 drops - 4 types of mobs and you need 10 drops from each.  Need I remind you, the level cap is 50.  This is a mindless grind that merely fills your 50 bar.  The amount of vendor loot you get from all of that doesn't even cover the item you have to buy to make the one piece of gear either.

Everything in Aion is a time sink.  That's fine, really, but for me, it was not my type of game.  I pay monthly for it, not by the hour like this game was designed for.

Oh yeah, the Miragent repeatable, the mob drops only 1 item when it drops, so even in a group, only one person gets the item.

Thank you Ethian, but I was in a legion and had people on my friend's list to have groups all of the time.  At any given moment, I could be in a group and go into an instance.  What made it so boring was the game itself was redundant.  I enjoyed my time socializing with my legion as well as other friends. We'd sit in vent chatting away while doing instances or other repeatables, even running around in the Abyss.  The friends were good, the game was not.

An example, and really, this one wasn't so bad.  In Sanctum, you want the gold hat from SR. Cool, run the hairpin quest 30 times (was 50 to begin with but they lowered it).  You could do a full clear of Mid SR and do up to 4 turn-ins from it.  So, you're running the same instance still 9 times (you wont get 4 turn-ins every time, or at least it's unlikely).  Then there's the, what, 5 hour cooldown timer to do the instance?  Same scripted encounters every time.  Yep, boring FOR ME.

At 50, you get the questline to begin your Miragents armor.  There are NPCs you have to talk to that spawn once a game day and they are only up for 1 game hour (about 5 min RL time).  The NPCs also spawn 1 hour earlier from the previous one, so you have to wait an entire game day -1 game hour and HOPE the NPC spawns.  After all that running around, you'll then have to do a repeatable quest 30 times which requires 40 drops - 4 types of mobs and you need 10 drops from each.  Need I remind you, the level cap is 50.  This is a mindless grind that merely fills your 50 bar.  The amount of vendor loot you get from all of that doesn't even cover the item you have to buy to make the one piece of gear either.

Everything in Aion is a time sink.  That's fine, really, but for me, it was not my type of game.  I pay monthly for it, not by the hour like this game was designed for.

Oh yeah, the Miragent repeatable, the mob drops only 1 item when it drops, so even in a group, only one person gets the item.

Still sounds to me like Aion just doesnt fit your play style, which doesnt mean the game is going to be boring for everyone. I'm the perfect example. I'm tired sick of having a journal full of quests that a child could complete with very little effort. Doing easy quests for hours is in itself a grind imo. Aion approaches leveling in a different way, which is thru socializing (grouping) and questing/grinding. Some of us enjoy having to work for rewards rather then having everything handed to us in games such as WoW. I for one love the leveling in Aion and hope it doesnt get any easier in the future. Folks with the same mindset that you have are the reason that NCsoft is adding bonus xp weekends and will probly eventually make Aion too easy overall down the road. Lets hope not...

I truely hope that folks with the same mindset that you have quit as well for the good of Aion. NCsoft better not get soft on us. All the fans of Aion that I talk with love the leveling process and wouldn't have it any other way. I will admit there is still some lacking content but with two huge updates coming this year, this will no longer be an issue by the end of 2010.  

• SholShol Member Posts: 361

You failed to mention that the running part of miraju/fenris is finished in 2-4 days realtime (I logged in several times a day and if npc wasnt up went on doing RL things, yes it was that easy).

The 30 repeatable part is for solo people. You can also do a group quest where you have to kill the DP or Adama (for asmos) endboss to get one of the fragments. If you deceide to do the solo part its like 2 hours to finish the quest once and I got items worth of several million after 2 (!) quest give-ins (trash loot, stigmas, stones...)

The only part of miraju/fenris which really really sucks is the part where you need the boiling bloods as this is just random luck. But strangely you didnt mentioned that. Kinda surprises me.

Why do the threads I make/post in always turn into arguments.. ;( haha

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

the problem is that it is very hard to discuss personal taste.

One person's "suck" is another person's "bonanaza".

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Lathander81Lathander81 Member Posts: 611
    Originally posted by Sovrath

the problem is that it is very hard to discuss personal taste.

One person's "suck" is another person's "bonanaza".

Thank goodness for Sovrath. He said it well.  I've seen people bored at Disney World.  This thread will only be an arguement because no one will agree to disagree lol  

• ChirugaiChirugai Member UncommonPosts: 304

Please stay on topic. 

Fortune favours the bold.

Sorry! I tell you one thing that has made Eltnen more interesting for me over the last week or so - upon reaching Kyola temple I find the rift there is often open - always promises to be good fun! There should definitely be more rifts throughout the game - I think there should be some form of through-abyss-rift too where you can get into the opposite faction's land.. 

Originally posted by Shol

You failed to mention that the running part of miraju/fenris is finished in 2-4 days realtime (I logged in several times a day and if npc wasnt up went on doing RL things, yes it was that easy).
    The 30 repeatable part is for solo people. You can also do a group quest where you have to kill the DP or Adama (for asmos) endboss to get one of the fragments. If you deceide to do the solo part its like 2 hours to finish the quest once and I got items worth of several million after 2 (!) quest give-ins (trash loot, stigmas, stones...)
    The only part of miraju/fenris which really really sucks is the part where you need the boiling bloods as this is just random luck. But strangely you didnt mentioned that. Kinda surprises me.

Ah yes, the boiling bloods... you need what, something like 120 of them?  Wasn't the rest of the questline enough already? =)

There are other options available to players. You can grind AP and buy the Abyss gear as well.  Or, luck out on world drops for great gear.

All in all, FOR ME, too much grind, too little reward, too many time/kinah sinks.

Every game has it's highs and lows.  I found too many lows in Aion to continue playing it.  Others are enjoying it and I think that's great.  We all have the type of games we like and don't like and it's good to see different opinions on games.

Regading another's comments that it's players like me who should leave so the game doesn't get changed to easy mode, I despise easy mode games.  I DO want to EARN my rewards, but make it a challenge... not a grind a 5 year old could do.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

I'll say that in the end I really liked Eltinen.

A lot.

I love the way it's set up and the flow of the place.

But I suppose that's not surprising to me because I tend to like things that other's dont'.

yes, I like supertramp

yes, I like 12 tone or just plain old dissonant music. pierrot lunair is one of my all time favorite pieces.

yes, I like Broccoli and Spinach.

What I like about Eltinen is the way it all flows out of the fortress. How you have to fly up to the fortress and that everythign is contained. How lush it is around the fortress and that the questing tends to bring the players into nice little groups over one straight line. I then love the open desert and how one finally gets the feeling of a more open world.

My name is Sovrath and I am an Eltinen lover

Welcome Sovrath

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo