Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lotro puts a reputation system on their forums

erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Lotro puts a reputation system on their forums.  Once you get 1500 positive points you can start handing out negative rep.

Looks like they found a way to police the forums without having their mods to do it. 

Comments

• striker09dxstriker09dx Member UncommonPosts: 197

i pray that mmorpg.com  doesn't apply tis on this site... otherwise everyone will rate me down everyone i pst something about wow and rate me up when I do about DF... >__<

• Params7Params7 Member UncommonPosts: 212

I don't see all the fuss is about. If people start getting negative reps they can disable it and make it go gray. Just because you got a bunch of green bars under your name don't  make your opinion "right".

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

It's a way to rid the forums of any dissension, without Turbine having to do any of the dirty work.

This game has probably the most rabid fanboys of any MMORPG, and Turbine regularly unleashes them to stuff polls and such.  Now they've turned them against their own players.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

And turning it off and going grey does not mean you opt out.  You can still get enough negative rep and still be moderated.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    Originally posted by trancejeremy

It's a way to rid the forums of any dissension, without Turbine having to do any of the dirty work.
    This game has probably the most rabid fanboys of any MMORPG, and Turbine regularly unleashes them to stuff polls and such.  Now they've turned them against their own players.

Yes I agree with what you said this is a way to have to fanboy comunity police out the ones who have been unhappy with wear the game is going.  Once they hit the 1500 mark I am sure certain folks will be shut all the way down.

• Redline65Redline65 Member Posts: 486

They've had this on their DDO forums for a long time, haven't they? Guess it was just a matter of time for them to implement it for the LOTRO forums.