Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Odd problem for people that have done Princess Quest

RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

I'm on the part of the quest that requires me to go into Labyrinth Base for Colorful Griffons.  It will not let me into the basement though.  It keeps telling me I need 25 fame to enter.  Is this a bug?

In War - Victory.
In Peace - Vigilance.
In Death - Sacrifice.

Comments

• dhrddmdhrddm Member Posts: 65

no bug. You just need 25 fame, that's all...

You can get fame by participating in the Free League. ~2 victories or 4-5 losses and you have the 25 fame. fame/battle points can be seen when you go in My Info->caracter->combat record (not sure about the last name but it's the second tab).

Come on... Give me a break!

• MyreanMyrean Member Posts: 186

Ageed to dhrddm, whenever you encounter that, it only means that to be able to enter in any dungeon you need to have the requirements needed like other dungeon it needs to have a key,cube etch....

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Think it's kind of retarded to have a fame requirement in the Princess quest.  While not mentioning it at any time during the quest text from the NPC's.  I ended up missing out on getting the quest done yesterday because of it.  Wasting time do Free League matches that I care nothing about.  Then having to have my friends that completed it without me.  To stop what they are doing to help me with it, when it could have all been avoided.  Simply by putting one little line of damn text stating the requirement, instead of waiting till you get to the portal for the basement.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• dhrddmdhrddm Member Posts: 65

That shadow dungeon is the first with the fame req. All shadow dungeons from now on will have it (higher and higher). Just buy the merc and do the quest later (when you have fame and you're high enough to do it alone). in the end you'll sell the marble for much more than when you bought it (prices have a tendency to rise over the months).

Come on... Give me a break!

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Originally posted by dhrddm

That shadow dungeon is the first with the fame req. All shadow dungeons from now on will have it (higher and higher). Just buy the merc and do the quest later (when you have fame and you're high enough to do it alone). in the end you'll sell the marble for much more than when you bought it (prices have a tendency to rise over the months).

I really do wish I could but can't afford that.  The princess contract alone sells for 15 to 18 mil on my server.  Doing the Exorcist quest now just to sell him, as he's worth 30 to 35mil.  I was considering buying Item mall stuff and selling it off.  I hear that is quite profitable.  Actually I might do that once I find out what's the best sellers are on my server.  I really haven't enjoyed any of the Recruitment quest.  I do enjoy the other quest, like the one I did to kill Dracula and the one for the Minotaur King.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

The princess contract is usually pretty cheap, but now it's somewhat expensive because it's needed for the Elementalist recruitment quest, which lots of people are doing now since you can get most of the other components easily from farming Santa's Villa.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• reimarureimaru Member Posts: 228

just join the free league, even on your current level and formation  you can still win like 2 or 3 battles

i'm not sue if you can gain fame from doppelganger  in free leagues