Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefox issues

MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

Is anyone else having issues teh last day or so browsing thie site with Firefox?

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

Comments

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Could you be more specific as in what problems? I haven't really noticed any.

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

Colours and formatting are off.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• IlvaldyrIlvaldyr Member CommonPosts: 2,142

Can't say that I've noticed anything out of the ordinary.

I've always had a few issues with the browser here; sometimes when I reply to a post and use preview, it empties my input box and I have to refresh the screen. Other times, I hit the site and it's all black with dark blue links and a default font .. that usually clears up in a while.

Those two things happen once and a while, but not noticeably moreso recently.

I'm using Firefox 3.5.7, by the way.

Playing: EVE, Final Fantasy 13, Uncharted 2, Need for Speed: Shift
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

firefox actual and the latest beta are the culprit revert revert to 5.5 and you ll do fine .firefox as an issue they raised some data too high ,oh you can lower them in about:config but screw that too much of a hassle.so now i get restart very often

they shour lower it to recommended 24 ,10  etc  at 30 15 or such it works only if you got a very high internet connection and provider.pass 10 connextion everything bugs

• trieditalltrieditall Member UncommonPosts: 49

No problems here but my brother can not get firefox to work at all since yesterday.

• ibanz85ibanz85 Member Posts: 75

Ive been having issues with this site using Chrome the past couple days.   Same description as your problem.   Weird. 

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

Hmm, Firefox wanted me to update today but I haven't done it yet (and I'm fine here). Maybe I'll hold off on that for a while.

• Daphne06Daphne06 Member Posts: 8

i dont use the firefox yet...when i come to use,my friends told me not so i dont use

haha  thats seems wise...

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758

I use both FireFox and Google Chrome to view the site and am having no issues.  Try clearing your browser cache and reloading the site.  We've made no significant changes to the site over the past week.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

Is anyone else having issues teh last day or so browsing thie site with Firefox?

Firefox have been worse and worse for the last year or so, now it has memory leaks and use almost as much memory as IE.

I went back to good old Opera instead, it uses less memory, as easy to use and is faster (actually did Opera invent quite a few of the features that FF added). 

Firefox was really good for a while but they just added to much junk to it like they did to old Netscape. Opera have also grown but it doesn't have as junk and they also cut out some of the stuff no one used.

Chrome also has some good parts but I have some issues with plug ins on it, and I dont like how it handles bookmarks.

Originally posted by Meddle

I use both FireFox and Google Chrome to view the site and am having no issues.  Try clearing your browser cache and reloading the site.  We've made no significant changes to the site over the past week.

I get the problem when windows gets out of memory (well, when I run zillions of pages and programs at the same time).

So clearing the cash and checking the harddrive so it isn't full is a good advice. Turning of some junk programs that start with the computer is also a good idea. Here is a simple program that helps you with cleaning cash and the startup programs, it is free.

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675

I'd be more apt to blame the site than Firefox.  Occasionally, I'll get everything on a white screen and half the buttons are missing so reading and responding are impossible.  No matter how many times I refresh, it remains the same.  If I wait for an hour or so, it goes back to normal.  Whatever forum software MMORPG.com uses, it really, really sucks.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663

I use Chrome. It runs fine mostly. Takes a slight bit longer to load then other sites, but otherwise is fine.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I've been using this site for years and maybe had a problem once or twice which was easily resolved by refreshing so i doubt it's really the site. Usually its firefox add-ons that screw up websites, have seen it happen to A LOT of people. If you want to switch browsers i would personally suggest chrome, fast, easy and well organized.

Originally posted by Cephus404

I'd be more apt to blame the site than Firefox.  Occasionally, I'll get everything on a white screen and half the buttons are missing so reading and responding are impossible.  No matter how many times I refresh, it remains the same.  If I wait for an hour or so, it goes back to normal.  Whatever forum software MMORPG.com uses, it really, really sucks.

It uses up a lot more memory nowadays if you havn't noticed. Particularly if you open up many windows. It is a lot more than a year ago, which seems odd to me.

As for Chrome, it is good but it wont work on many sites. Opera is almost as fast and works on every site I been to except my stupid bank who wants IE (Well, I can camouflage it as IE and then it works).

It would actually be fun to make a good comparison on all browsers, how fast they really are, how much memories and how good they work with different plug ins.

I also notice that everyone seems to agree that IE sucks :)

• thorwoodthorwood Member Posts: 485

I am using Firefox and not having any issues.

Originally posted by Ilvaldyr

Other times, I hit the site and it's all black with dark blue links and a default font .. that usually clears up in a while.
    I'm using Firefox 3.5.7, by the way.

This is the problem I am having. It used to happen occasionally for a few minutes, but now it is constant. I did a cold restart of my PC, but no joy.

Using FF 3.0.14. IE seems to be working fine here, but I hate it.

• RealmLordsRealmLords Member Posts: 358

Firefox 3.5.7 running in Windows 2000 Pro... display is flawless.

Ken

www.ActionMMORPG.com
    One man, a small pile of money, and the screwball idea of a DIY Indie MMORPG? Yep, that's him. ~sigh~

Originally posted by RealmLords

Firefox 3.5.7 running in Windows 2000 Pro... display is flawless.

Ken

Hmm. I'm using Vista 64. Perhaps that is the issue.

I have also noticed funny things happening with some of my keys returning the wrong symbols at times. Not sure if that is Vista or this fancy keyboard with preprogrammed functions. Never had THAT problem before.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Yeah, Firefox 3.5.7 is running fine for me, too.

• NullyNully Member Posts: 114

i have been having issues, everything is off and its crazy

• NullyNully Member Posts: 114

if you were having the same issue as me (everything was out of place and just insane)  try clearing your cache (Tools= Clear recent history= click on cache only)

it helped me alot

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    I only have problems when posting something. The Post Body shows quotes in html format when I use the option Quote in a thread.
    White lines that I create in my reaction get ignored (I guess it expects me edit my own html < br >'s too). Im using Firefox 3.5.7 under Linux.

EDIt: had to make sure the browser doesnt understand the < br > :p doh!
    Update (I didnt edit because white lines are ignored atm): If I edit my own post, the white lines seem to be intact from the original post, but after posting it, they are gone again.
    I think that the problem is that I cant use the enhanced editor. Chosing between the two editing systems, doesnt work. I used to have the toolbars with font, style and colour choices etc, but since a few days (weeks?) it wont appear anymore.

During that time, I didnt change any browser settings (javascript and java are still enabled), but had an update to firefox. (Again sry for the large wall of text, cant make whitelines work.)