Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closed Threads.. lol

RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Ahh it's 4am and woke up early and thought I would check out the STO forums.. Why am I not shocked that many of the "anti" STO threads are being closed left and right?  Meanwhile threads that praise STO, while trolling and insutling the anti STO posters are still up and running warp 8?...... I thought the days of HITLER and the guistapo were gone.. Silly me

Comments

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311

why do think people come in here to vent the  crap  out  . . aoc all over again with the forums

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056
    Originally posted by skullquaker

why do think people come in here to vent the  crap  out  . . aoc all over again with the forums

AoC? Where the negative threads were closed, and the game released as garbage?

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

I don't think it's that easy.

Imagine you put a ton of money and effort into developing something, and then people put negative threads about it on your discussion boards. If it's one thread: who cares. Two? Why not. But would you allow people to flood your boards with negative threads? I doubt it.

Not saying it's that way on STO, just a general thought. You have to decide when something is thought out criticism that aims at giving the developer an idea on what to improve, and when something is simply an attack that aims at harming the developer. Deciding when which is what is tough.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• mokoleusmokoleus Member Posts: 142
    Originally posted by Rydeson

Ahh it's 4am and woke up early and thought I would check out the STO forums.. Why am I not shocked that many of the "anti" STO threads are being closed left and right?  Meanwhile threads that praise STO, while trolling and insutling the anti STO posters are still up and running warp 8?...... I thought the days of HITLER and the guistapo were gone.. Silly me

yes, because closing threads is EXACTLY the same as what hitler did......

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Originally posted by mokoleus

Originally posted by Rydeson

yes, because closing threads is EXACTLY the same as what hitler did......

The Gestapo was used as instrument for political repression (amongst other things). His analogy is sound, if you agree with him about the way that forum is being moderated.
  • CerionCerion Member Posts: 1,005

I see one locked thread. How does that equate to 'the iron fist of facism?" Ridiculous hyperbole aside.  I'm not a fan of STO at all, but it's beyond silly making such a comparison. 

Games I'm watching: Infinity: The Quest for Earth, Force of Arms.

Find the Truth: http://www.factcheck.org/

• ChirugaiChirugai Member UncommonPosts: 304

Locked due to discussion of politics.

See: Rules of Conduct, Religion and Politics. 

Fortune favours the bold.

This discussion has been closed.