Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Chronicles of Spellborn a free game that should be played

2»

Comments

• TyrantasTyrantas Member UncommonPosts: 369
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I lasted all of 3 days in Beta,i did not like it much at all,seemed generic just like all F2P games.There was a couple nice ideas in the game but was not worth me playing even for free.

Are u sure it was spellborn ? oO

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    Originally posted by Tyrantas

Originally posted by Wizardry

I lasted all of 3 days in Beta,i did not like it much at all,seemed generic just like all F2P games.There was a couple nice ideas in the game but was not worth me playing even for free.

Are u sure it was spellborn ? oO

Well, it must be, because he has posted this same comment about half a dozen of times already. Not that it is true, except for the fact that he did not like it. Spellborn with all its short-comings is one of the most original releases of the last year. Sad that they ran out of money. The game would have been a gem. Actually it was already quite enjoyable when there were still enough people playing. If Frogster does not totally screw up this game, this might become the first f2p game I might actually enjoy playing. I will certainly check this game out when it re-releases, eventhough the chances of Frogster screwing this game up based on what little is know now is very high.

--
    Delanor

• The-Blade2kThe-Blade2k Member Posts: 12

lol, it should be played yes, not because I worked from them, but its one of the most unique MMO's on the shelf......

Spellborn isn't like WoW, Aion, LotRO or other games where u click on your enemy, then press 1 - 9 to cast a spell and in turn Spellborn doesn’t have a dice-roll hit-and-miss. You aim, and if your aim is sound, you will hit your target which makes the most interesting PvP... Oh, and if you couldn’t guess, that means you can dodge! Not only players but if you study your enemy (NPC) you’ll learn never to get hit.

If I could get my job back at Spellborn (now owned by Frogster Asia) I'd take it in a heartbeat......

As for the developers, Spellborn was a very low budget game paid for by investors. They worked hard (officially 10am - 6pm but many were there hours longer) Monday to Friday creating things unseen in the game simply because they never got the chance......

The whole release and ipblocks was a mistake from using 2 publishers. The full version in Europe was considered beta in the USA (and UK) for quite a while.

There are details I don’t want to go into, but mistakes were made..... even by me (Sabre).

Don’t let the past ruin the game... apparently, it will remain a free2play when Frogster-Asia re-release it as a micropayments game.

http://www.spellborn.co.kr/main/main.php

• The-Blade2kThe-Blade2k Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Astrialla

I will say though... Game Guard is horrible.  For a while my entire computer was compromised by that insidious thing and then thankfully Spellborn removed it as a requirement for playing the game.  I'm very sad to see it's apparently back in the mix again and required which is my guess from reading the OP.
    There's no way I'm going back into Spellborn if Gameguard is required to play the game.  If you're not sure what I'm talking about re: gameguard just google Gameguard problems and get some snacks for your reading fest lol.
    Spellborn - beautiful look, no people, suckky Gameguard.

Spellborn was clever enough to tie gameguard into the game (Thanks to UnrealEngine) instead of installing it on your machine :)

• AeroangelAeroangel Member UncommonPosts: 498

I might wait until it "relaunches" before I really devote time to this game - I'm not sure what the relaunching really means, but I don't feel like leveling up a character to have it wiped (which is already going to happen with me in one game at the moment >.<) 

Does anyone know exactly what is going to happen with the relaunch or when it will happen? 

--------------------------
    Playing:
    FFXIV, TERA, LoL, and HoTS
    My Rig:
    GPU: GeForce GTX 770, CPU: i7-4790K, Memory: 16 GB RAM

Originally posted by Aeroangel

Does anyone know exactly what is going to happen with the relaunch or when it will happen? 

Nothing has been announced yet, there is only speculation. Excite Japan seems to have started the beta test for their version of the game with item shop. As I understand it (from comments) the item shop will be very simular to what RoM has. I do do not know RoM however. A relaunch date is not know.

--
    Delanor

• ShadowJ212ShadowJ212 Member Posts: 5

I wouldn't even touch this if I were you. If any of you played RoM, then you know it had potential if it weren't for the fact that they entice players to spend from the CS in order to survive end-game. You want to know who to blame? Frogster. Whether its Frogster America Inc., Frogster Europe Inc.(?), or Frogster Asia Inc., you'd best get the hell away from all of Frogster Inc. before all your money goes to pixels.

From someone who got the hell out before they were too deep in.

Originally posted by ShadowJ212

I wouldn't even touch this if I were you. If any of you played RoM, then you know it had potential if it weren't for the fact that they entice players to spend from the CS in order to survive end-game. You want to know who to blame? Frogster. Whether its Frogster America Inc., Frogster Europe Inc.(?), or Frogster Asia Inc., you'd best get the hell away from all of Frogster Inc. before all your money goes to pixels.
    From someone who got the hell out before they were too deep in.

Let's hope for the best. Whether Spellborn will go the same way as RoM is something we cannot know now. Whether Frogster learns or does not learn from their mistakes is not known either. I am not optimistic but want to see it for myself anyway. This game is just worth it, as it stands now.

--
    Delanor

• ShadowJ212ShadowJ212 Member Posts: 5

I would, but then I see they're working with Acclaim. I despise the targeting system of Acclaim's games. Played 9Dragons... it was a stupid way to target, and the way to raise skill levels was just not enticing enough to stay.

Frogster + Acclaim = can only mean that it will look good graphically, and that's how good it gets. That's it.

Delanor, I concurred with your comment, and was about to download the game, but then I re-looked to see Acclaim developed it. I wasn't gonna go through that reticule hassle again.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077

It had/has potential but they didn't really execute it well at all..