Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tribe - Looking for active players and good people!

kerupt66kerupt66 Member Posts: 8

Our Culture

Tribe (Tribe Guild) focuses on bringing together active, competent players that are also good, success-driven people. We are a "serious fun" group of people that enjoy playing hard and overcoming challenges, and then kicking back, joking around, and enjoying each other's company. A healthy sense of humor is a must. Most of us are in our mid 20's, but we do have some outliers on each side.

Our Community

Tribe is a very active community. We recommend (but don't require) that our players put in around 20 hours of game time a week minimum, and 25-30 hours of game time a week is about average. Most of us are online nightly because we enjoy it so much, but we understand if you can't make it to every single event or be on daily. Likewise, our forums receive more than 100 new posts daily.

We enjoy learning together, and teaching new players. It is a central part of our community culture. However, we don't waste our time on those that continue to be lazy or stupid. So if you are new to gaming (we'll all be new to the game) or are an experienced player that's okay as long as you are willing to put in effort to make your character (and the rest of the community) be the best it can be.

Our History

Tribe is an eight-year-old gaming community that has been involved in a long list of games including Diablo II, Warcraft III, Team Fortress 2, Warhammer Online, Hellgate: London, Age of Conan, World of Warcraft, COD4, Aion, and many others. Our focus is on the community over any specific game. Many of our members have been with us for several years, some even moving from game to game together. We have very active forums and members get to know each other outside of the game as well as in the game. Many of us are on a first name basis. We've even had gatherings to meet and people have attended each others weddings in other states. We are an open and accepting community, and are always looking for more good people to come and be a part.

These are some of the words our members have used to describe the community:

• Professional
  • Open (different cultures, age ranges, countries, etc. are all represented)
  • Fun
  • People are high quality
  • Driven
  • Active
  • Good web presence
  • Strong leadership
  • Talented, but not arrogant
  • Organized
  • Modest
  • Members have a lot of integrity

Now is the time to get in to something great - stop by our website, and apply at Tribe Guild!

Tribe Guild

Comments

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

20 hours a week minimum? Good god, and I struggle to put in 15.

• kerupt66kerupt66 Member Posts: 8

It's a recommendation, not a requirement. We do have members that play less than 20 a week, some only on weekends, others only an hour a night if they can squeeze it in. We do like players to be active, but are willing to accept anyone who fits within our community, given they at least let us know where they are or whats going on if they plan for long periods of inactivity, otherwise they might be removed.

We just want to see people active and having fun, not boost our numbers with a bunch of unplayed characters :)

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

From the looks by your website, it looks like you have 813 members. That's way too many for me, even 100 is a bit large. I like groups of about 20-100ish active people. Closer and less chance for cliques to form.

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

Good luck with your guild but I can't give any game those kind of hours. My wife would leave and take the kids with her. Shame really because otherwise you guys seem alright.

• MattMassacreMattMassacre Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by Toxilium

From the looks by your website, it looks like you have 813 members. That's way too many for me, even 100 is a bit large. I like groups of about 20-100ish active people. Closer and less chance for cliques to form.

I totally agree. 813 would just be... insanely too many people for me to handle. Even 100 is too many as you said. I prefer around 50 people.

813 is the number of registered people on the website. Anyone can make an account there to post on the forums.

We have between 70-100 actually active players right now between games.

Huzzah, now with new and updated graphic ;)

Also, anyone interested in the guild, please feel free to register on the website and post in our public forums, get to know some people!

Happy Holidays everyone! if you happened to get a GA preoder for Xmas or picked it up yourself, stop by and play with us in January!

• GrimholttGrimholtt Member Posts: 1

As the Website Administrator for the Tribe Community, I can promise you that we aren't a Zerg Guild. It showed 813 registered members. Probably, 600 of those are spammers that registered and promptly were banned. Another 100 or so are members that played in the past and for whatever reason have drifted off and check back in every so often just to say hi and see how everyone is doing. We have around 90 or so active members that post as well as play in the games that we are active in. We are not a single game only guild. As long as a member is willing to step up and represent Tribe according to our Code of Conduct anyone can lead a chapter in a new game.

I've been with Tribe for over 5 years now. It's my online family. I've visited several of the members in the past even though we live over 1000 miles away from each other. We are planning on having a Tribecon next summer for us all to get together in RL and have a blast.

Our main premise is that we are looking for people in the guild, not just game characters in the virtual world. We want to get to know the people that join. If this sounds like a good match for you, swing by and check us out!!

http://www.tribeguild.info/vb

• Pengy20Pengy20 Member Posts: 59

I joined at the start of Beta. Really nice group of people to play with and know how to work together.

"That's ludicrous. Are you seriously suggesting that I get better at the game in order to compete?"-Random Failure in the Global Agenda Beta forums.