Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playerbase is stable!

RdlabanRdlaban Member UncommonPosts: 396

Game Director say that the game do not have less players that "it has been for the last year"

Offcial conformation there it is. No speculations. The man with the plan states that the server merges is not bc of less players but they should have merged the servers in the first place. 

Let the spinning begin!

Comments

• Kungaloosh1Kungaloosh1 Member Posts: 260

I think they are doing the mergers to bring some lighter population servers into healthier environments. Heathier in terms of economy, people available to group and raid, etc....

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

I don't get the sense that AOC is in "trouble", I'm fairly certain they have no where near the numbers they had at launch though which put's the game squarely where many of us saw it to begin with and that is as a "niche" game which really isn't a bad thing because basically almost all games fall into that category especially mmo's.

I also think that devs need to do as FC is doing and move away from the sentiment that server merges spell automatic doom for your game because we as a community are far too often held down by these types of decisions as illustrated perfectly by how SOE handled merges of SWG.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• SabradinSabradin Member Posts: 772
    Originally posted by Rdlaban

Offcial conformation there it is. No speculations. The man with the plan states that the server merges is not bc of less players but they should have merged the servers in the first place. 
    Let the spinning begin!

I think you beat us to it.

The servers shouldn't have been merged in the first place but after the 2008 exodus.

Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Im on the Set Server and rarely have issues finding a raid in the afternoons or evenings.

(AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Shows vistrix the new Khitai areas!. )

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

I play Daoc at least one more year - hope the expansion will be great.

AoC truly deserves more players!

But sadly my guild will not go back to AoC after we finally decided that Aion is the most boring crap thing that is named an MMORPG but try Daoc after some years of absence.

At least i am glad we leave Aion ASAP the sooner the better!

http://www.koboldin.de/demhibbies.swf/

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM