Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you looking forward to any other game?

DarzinDarzin Member Posts: 46

I ask this because, I think it's important to note that while I think Alganon will maintain a certain amount of fans of the game I wonder how many people who are playing it are sort of just waiting. I know when Alganon was first announced there was a lot of excitement for the game. I was excited for it -- and regardless of whether or not it has technical failings, I have come to realize that the reason I was excited for the game had more to due with me simply looking for the "next great thing."

I have always loved fantasy MMO games, and level based ones at that. Now I find myself, after disappointed in this game and even more dismayed by Aion, that I am clinging to the hope that next year will be better. The next big thing around the corner. So what are the games I am looking forward to?

1) Guild Wars 2

2) Final Fantasy 14

3) SW: ToR

4) Heroes of Telara (probably 2011)

5) New Blizzard MMO (probably 2011-12)

Anyway -- why would this matter to Alganon? As I said, I was excited for the game, then disappointed in it's implementation, but that doesn't mean that people playing it aren't like me in some ways. A lot of them, are probably playing this game a stop gap -- between now and the next big game. Are you one of them and if so, given the already low population of Alganon and the possible mess (more like debacle) a "hard launch" will cause, what does this type of mentality mean for the game?

Almighty Dollar 1, MMORPG.com members 0!
Blog

Comments

• PhelimReaghPhelimReagh Member UncommonPosts: 682

I too was really looking forward to Alganon and given the limited options available, when it ... how do I say this without being accused by our erstwhile editors of "trolling" ... released the way it did (how's that), I really just gave up hope on finding a game I'd want to play.

That said, and I know this will be lame, but after seeing what Jagex was trying to do with their upcoming space MMO "Stellar Dawn/Mechscape", I'm interested to just see it. They claim to have designed a game with no XP, no leveling, and no reason to RWT.  Yet they're supposed to have grouping as well as keeping RS's F2P/P2P model.

I'm not going to say I'm excited about it, but I'm very intrigued by what it might be, and that Jagex knows how to give you a good F2P taste to see if you like it.

Other than that, I've ordered a huge load of single player RPGs to keep me busy for the first half of the year, I hope. We'll see what happens mid-2010.

• brett7018brett7018 Member UncommonPosts: 180

Actually that is why I am here on MMORPG.  Trying to find something else to play as I am over it.  I have tried just about everything mainstream so i am running out of options. 

• DoomReaperDoomReaper Member UncommonPosts: 143

Yeah, only one on my list now. Star Wars: The Old Republic. So far I'm having a bad run with sub-par games that claim to be different and exciting. Fallen Earth then Alganon. I need something released by a company that prides itself on quality. C'mon Bioware, I neeeeeeeed some of your gaming love!