Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 Paladin

tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

WOOOOOO

Comments

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

Guild Wars 2 wont have a paladin class.

• Vaske1984Vaske1984 Member Posts: 228

-lol :P

Or maybe they are adding a fighter class and at level 15 you can choose paladin,warrior,shadow knight.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Thats an armor. A norn armor if I had to guess. Nothing about paladin.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819
    Originally posted by SweetZoid

I assume you have proof. I gave you art work of the Paladin.

Now give me your info that there wont be

• KareshKaresh Member UncommonPosts: 242
    Originally posted by tro44_1

OK, really...I assuming you have played Guild Wars (though I wouldn't know if you've played GWEN). But This armor is designed like norn armor. There's no proof that it is paladin armor because it could very well be norn armor. Especially because the norn will be a race in Guild Wars 2. The thing about Guild Wars is that they don't have narrower classes (ex: paladin), so there is not way to tell if there will be in GW2. I still stick to the "norn armor" theory because in all actuallity, no one has proof that GW2 won't have a paladin class, but no one has proof that the art work is that of a paladin either. But who cares about that either, I just can't wait to hear more about GW2 and eventually play it!

Originally posted by Karesh

OK, really...I assuming you have played Guild Wars (though I wouldn't know if you've played GWEN). But This armor is designed like norn armor. There's no proof that it is paladin armor because it could very well be norn armor. Especially because the norn will be a race in Guild Wars 2. The thing about Guild Wars is that they don't have narrower classes (ex: paladin), so there is not way to tell if there will be in GW2. I still stick to the "norn armor" theory because in all actuallity, no one has proof that GW2 won't have a paladin class, but no one has proof that the art work is that of a paladin either. But who cares about that either, I just can't wait to hear more about GW2 and eventually play it!

I agree, but I also had a picture of the Human Paladin as well. got to find it.

There will be more then one Plated Class in GW2. Iav seen 3 so far (excuding the Berserker, cause he seem to be wearing a mix)

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

you know that there are different armor sets right?

I suppose you could make a warrior, get this armor and call him a paladin.

• HeadBytorHeadBytor Member UncommonPosts: 93

at least cite your sources if you wanna sound credible...

• achellisachellis Member Posts: 542

Pretty sure its just an armor.

• Sptn117Sptn117 Member Posts: 20

I agree  with above me, Why does it have to be anything except a concept for an armour set, most likely warrior.

Played:runescape, WOW, Mu, Hellgate london, Floresia, Runes of magic, DDO, Rose online, Alantica, Flyff, Guild wars, Allods, Forsaken world,

playing: nothing

Loved: Guild wars series

future: GW2

• Krn_AssassinKrn_Assassin Member Posts: 581

guildwars2_character_concept_design_knight

Originally posted by Krn_Assassin

guildwars2_character_concept_design_knight

IMO the Knight is going to be a Paladin Archtype.

There will be more then 1 Plated Armor Class which is why they changed the Armor system in the first place. So far I seen 3 Plate classes.

Knight- Paladin archtype

Shadow Knight - Shadow Knight archtype

And Beserker - Warloud archtype

• ExodiusExodius Member Posts: 5

And Beserker - Warloud archtype

Is that like a Warrior who shouts at people? Or just generally fights really loud?

:)

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

In other words you've looked at a picture and invented a load of crazy ideas? This is just a 'what i'd like to see' thread. That armour looks like the sort of stuff the new humans will be wearing, in which case it'll be one of the the many warrior armour sets, the name being the name of the set, not the name of a class.

I'm pretty sure GW2 will feature very similar classes to GW1. If they went crazy and invented a bunch of new classes in place of the originals it wouldn't really feel like GW any more imo.

• SouzetsuAeriSouzetsuAeri Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Originally posted by Karesh

Since when do Norn have a horse with wings on anything they wear? You obviously don't know enough about Norn to make assumptions like that.

It is still too late to assume anything about GW2 unless you have concrete proof to the claim.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by iceissocold

Since when do Norn have a horse with wings on anything they wear? You obviously don't know enough about Norn to make assumptions like that. It is still too late to assume anything about GW2 unless you have concrete proof to the claim.

Since crappy 19th century German and Scandinavian art.

The classic mythological Norns were female goddesses working for Odin, they flew over the battlefield on winged horses and collected souls for their master.

Of course Guildwars didn't steal much more than the name and the fact that they are Norse from mythology and I saw nothing like that in eye of the north but it isn't impossible that the art director is putting something similar for a Norn armor set for GW2.

But this is just weird looking helmet, to see Paladins, Wagner or weirder stuff from just that seems a bit of odd to me. A warrior or a npc lord could wear that armor as good as a paladin or a norn.

Unless there is any official word of a paladin class all this is just rumors. GW1 did have some classical classes but that doesn't prove anything.

Also should a real paladin have a large symbol of his god or goddess on him, I don't see that.

Originally posted by Alberel

In other words you've looked at a picture and invented a load of crazy ideas? This is just a 'what i'd like to see' thread. That armour looks like the sort of stuff the new humans will be wearing, in which case it'll be one of the the many warrior armour sets, the name being the name of the set, not the name of a class.
    You mean just how they (ANET) did the same thing for the GUNNER CLASS? Pictures called GUNNER, and now we have a GUNNER CLASS. I seen Pictures of a KNIGHT, so I believe we will have a KNIGHT.
    I'm pretty sure GW2 will feature very similar classes to GW1. If they went crazy and invented a bunch of new classes in place of the originals it wouldn't really feel like GW any more imo.
    oh you mean like the GUNNER right? Oh yeah, I forgot that GW2 isnt going to be a new game /end sarcasm;
    GW2 is a new Game, we can already see that gameplay and classes will be diffrent.
    The Gunner class has Long range guns, and short range Flame Thrower. What class in like that in GW1? Huw? Also appears that they can Melee fight also. Seems very diffrent from Ranger class in GW1 imo.
    so I see no reason that there wont be new classes in the game. ANET hasnt even revealed the new Mechanics. IMO it is going to be very Diffrent then before, which is why they are holding up details and hiding them like they are, so fans dont enrage before the ytry stuff like this.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Where did you find out about this "Gunner" class? ANet hasn't released any information on classes, class systems, what kind of combat it is, and a lot of other game mechanics. What we do know: there will 5 playable races, armor won't be class specific (but there will be limitations), and weapons won't be restricted to class as well. I am finding nothing on class info from the developers. Guildwars2 guru has some pretty wacky concepts but those are all fan ideas. I know you are a champion of the paladin archetype but please don't see things which aren't there.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121

Originally posted by Alberel

You mean just how they (ANET) did the same thing for the GUNNER CLASS? Pictures called GUNNER, and now we have a GUNNER CLASS. I seen Pictures of a KNIGHT, so I believe we will have a KNIGHT.
    oh you mean like the GUNNER right? Oh yeah, I forgot that GW2 isnt going to be a new game /end sarcasm;
    GW2 is a new Game, we can already see that gameplay and classes will be diffrent.
    The Gunner class has Long range guns, and short range Flame Thrower. What class in like that in GW1? Huw? Also appears that they can Melee fight also. Seems very diffrent from Ranger class in GW1 imo.
    so I see no reason that there wont be new classes in the game. ANET hasnt even revealed the new Mechanics. IMO it is going to be very Diffrent then before, which is why they are holding up details and hiding them like they are, so fans dont enrage before the ytry stuff like this.

You see, you're just making stuff up again, ANet has not said anything about ANY of the classes so whatever info you think you have is WRONG. You even say yourself that they haven't revealed anything and that you're getting all this secret knowledge from the title of the artwork! I still maintain the name is for the armour set, not the class that wears it, as GW1 named its sets in much the same way.

I never said the classes wouldn't be different, I said that ANET won't just replace the old ones with a slew of new stereotypes. The classes of GW1 have become iconic as they introduced a lot of original ideas, there's no way they would just drop them. The world of GW2 is several hundred years later so of course the classes will have evolved in that time, bows becoming guns, etc. And since the game is now completely open world the gameplay mechanics will probably veer more towards those of a traditional MMO, in which case the variey of skills available to each class will undoubtedly change and expand to better suit the new mechanics. The core concepts behind the classes though will probably stay close to what GW1 featured. Also remember the different races will each approach the classes differently, so an Asura Ranger would be very different to a Charr Ranger. Hell they may not even have the same names any more, but I expect the core of each class will remain in some form.

Now can you please stop claiming that your wild inventions are somehow facts from ANET?

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Calm down. Most likely the picture is for an armor set, though it could also be one of the preliminaries for an NPC / type of NPC. Generally speaking, in GWs a paladin would be a WaMo (Warrior / Monk) and GW 2 is supposed to have a similar system to GW 1, just improved / expanded upon.

Not saying that it isn't a paladin, but given how GW has done things in the past it's somewhat unlikely. Though, even if there isn't a "paladin" class, there will more than likely be a way to create your own class that functions somewhat the same way.

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by iceissocold

Since when do Norn have a horse with wings on anything they wear? You obviously don't know enough about Norn to make assumptions like that. It is still too late to assume anything about GW2 unless you have concrete proof to the claim.

Since crappy 19th century German and Scandinavian art.

The classic mythological Norns were female goddesses working for Odin, they flew over the battlefield on winged horses and collected souls for their master.

Of course Guildwars didn't steal much more than the name and the fact that they are Norse from mythology and I saw nothing like that in eye of the north but it isn't impossible that the art director is putting something similar for a Norn armor set for GW2.

But this is just weird looking helmet, to see Paladins, Wagner or weirder stuff from just that seems a bit of odd to me. A warrior or a npc lord could wear that armor as good as a paladin or a norn.

Unless there is any official word of a paladin class all this is just rumors. GW1 did have some classical classes but that doesn't prove anything.

Also should a real paladin have a large symbol of his god or goddess on him, I don't see that.

Wasnt that valkyries?