Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WARNING WARNING!!! Demon Soul is the hardest game EVER,,,,, Need help

tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

This game is hard like crap!!!!!!

I need some help understanding some things. I just beat the first lvl which unlocks that lady that upgrades your stats.

But problem that iam having in the Friendly zone Nexes, is that the Blue Man keeps trying to attack me.

My R3 Button went off by mistake when I was sitting down on my bed, which my controler was on. And BOOM, my toon did a melee attack, and it hit the Blue guy. now he wont stop coming after me.

Kinda hard to upgrade stuff, when he is standing around, (AND THE GAME DOESNT PAUSE WHEN YOU GO INTO THESE MENUS, SO DIE AND YOU LOSE EVERYTHING)

--------------------------------

Also another problem iam having is, with the clunky controls. Iam still a bit confused about when to use Roll. From the videos of the skilled players, they seem to prefer Manually Dodging attacks, which I to find easier. But iam sure the Roll mechanic has some purpose.

It just seems to clunky and slow, to try to roll out of oncoming attacks. Its not Ninja Ginen or something. These rolls are very slow compared to Ninja Gieden.

Comments

• First of all Demons Souls was made for hardcore gamers and not for casual gamers there like WoW or CS, MW2 etc. It was the same with Ninja Gaiden. Either you learn the hard way or give up. Dont whine about it, because you cant coup with the gameplay.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Is this for the PS3 only?

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106
    Originally posted by outfctrl

Yup, PS3 exclusive.

Amazing game in my opinion as well, PS3 bought us some great exclusives this year.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by Thenarius

Yup, PS3 exclusive.

Amazing game in my opinion as well, PS3 bought us some great exclusives this year.

Damn, that sux.  Looks like a real challenging game.  I dont own a PS3.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Originally posted by tro44_1

I need some help understanding some things. I just beat the first lvl which unlocks that lady that upgrades your stats.
    But problem that iam having in the Friendly zone Nexes, is that the Blue Man keeps trying to attack me.
    My R3 Button went off by mistake when I was sitting down on my bed, which my controler was on. And BOOM, my toon did a melee attack, and it hit the Blue guy. now he wont stop coming after me.
    Kinda hard to upgrade stuff, when he is standing around, (AND THE GAME DOESNT PAUSE WHEN YOU GO INTO THESE MENUS, SO DIE AND YOU LOSE EVERYTHING)
    Also another problem iam having is, with the clunky controls. Iam still a bit confused about when to use Roll. From the videos of the skilled players, they seem to prefer Manually Dodging attacks, which I to find easier. But iam sure the Roll mechanic has some purpose.
     It just seems to clunky and slow, to try to roll out of oncoming attacks. Its not Ninja Ginen or something. These rolls are very slow compared to Ninja Gieden.

The guy you attacked in the Nexus will have to be killed now. He will never stop attacking you, so you'll have to try not to accidentally attack NPCs in your next run through.

Rolls are best performed when a enemy charges you and you are auto-locked on to the target. It's a good way to get behind them for attacks. Also I found it easier to use a shield and counter a enemy right before he's gonna attack and follow up with a instant kill (you get more souls for those kind of kills).

Last but not least, when you see the playbacks after touching bloodstains (those are the deaths of other players) or reading the messages left behind by other players DO NOT always take them for their word. Sometimes they leave death notes only to see you get killed.

Anyway good luck and I hope this helps some, but a lot of the battles are trial and error and this game is NOT for the easily frustrated or casuals.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• UmbralUmbral Member Posts: 1,051

If you attacked the "Crestfallen Warrior" he will never stop, you will need to kill him.

If you want to keep all NPCs in Nexus alive and be able to listen Crestfallen Warrior´s story, start a new game. You just beat Phalanx, you are right at the beginning.

If you want to use rolls, avoid heavy armor and increase the compatible stats. Roll has some purpose if you are a fast and agile character, for heavy characters dodge and block are better.

Remember this game is similar to a MMO, everything you do is forever, if you loose an item or kill a friendly NPC, it is gone, there is no "checkpoints" and second chances in Demon's Souls...

A friendly advice, beware of Yurt the Silent Chief (no spoilers here, won't tell details) if you want to keep your NPCs alive!.

Yup, PS3 exclusive.

Yes it is challenging, but it is a fair game too, play it with attention and tatics and you will go far.

It is a challenging and hardcore action/rpg but never unfair.

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819
    Originally posted by Umbral

Yup, PS3 exclusive.

Yes it is challenging, but it is a fair game too, play it with attention and tatics and you will go far.

Well the game did send me Down and Hole and Off A Clif to my death, all because of clunky Melee Animations that effect my character, by making him move.

but still interesting game. Going to start Grinding, since I unlocked the lady that increase stats

Yup, PS3 exclusive.

Well the game did send me Down and Hole and Off A Clif to my death, all because of clunky Melee Animations that effect my character, by making him move.

but still interesting game. Going to start Grinding, since I unlocked the lady that increase stats

Are you using a large weapon? The animatons are not clunky, to tell the truth, they are very realistic, with time you will lear how to "use" it without harm yourself.

If you hold block at the same time you release a "normal blow" the movement is less intense  and it is easier avoiding accidents.

Try to "fight" like a medieval warrior, don't try to emulate the combat of Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry.

If you pay attention to every step you make and all the hints (not only messages) and use the weapons/spells  adequate to your playstyle the game will be very "fair" with you.

• IrishIrish Member UncommonPosts: 259

Yup, PS3 exclusive.

I have been having fun with it over the past few days as well.

When it comes to clunky melee animations, I think once you use the different types of weapons, you start getting a feel for the way they make your avatar move. As far as I've seen, if I die in Demon's Souls, I have no one to blame but myself.

Generally, it seems to be all about having the right tool for the job, and using the right tactics. Locking on to the enemy with my shield up and ready, then watching their attack pattern really helps me. Without looking online for help, it's pretty much been trial and error, but here is what I can say so far:

-Boletaria castle is nice to run at with two-handed longsword or sword and shield. If your weapon is fire based, all the better.

-I found that the next place (mines or something) is all about fire resist and thrusting weapons, from what I've seen. I haven't gotten much further than that yet.

I haven't gotten my world invaded yet, as I am generally dead in spirit mode anyhow :P But, I can imagine it has to be pretty nerve wracking. For the most part, I think the messages on the ground are helpful.

I don't know if it deserved GOTY over at Gamespot (especially over Uncharted 2), but it definitely is a blast to play with some seriously memorable boss fights and other stuff.

For pants-dropping awesomeness, play with a nice surround sound system. The bridge with the dragon is very intense!

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022
    Originally posted by Ramonski7
    Last but not least, when you see the playbacks after touching bloodstains (those are the deaths of other players) or reading the messages left behind by other players DO NOT always take them for their word. Sometimes they leave death notes only to see you get killed.

this paragraph made me jizz in my pants. When we will see somethin like this in an mmo? =(

damn, i want a ps3 now ¬¬

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• KenrichKenrich Member UncommonPosts: 127

Get yourself a winged spear and a lrg shield makes life a little better.

o.O

Originally posted by Kenaoshi

this paragraph made me jizz in my pants. When we will see somethin like this in an mmo? =(

Speaking of the messages, while people do leave death notes, make sure you look at the number of recommendations the messages has gotten. That will give you a clue if it is worth taking seriously. Some of the messages may be new with no recommendations yet, so just proceed slowly with a shield at the ready.

There are very few situations I have encountered so far where hauling ass helps. Granted, I haven't seen everything yet, but I seem to be progressing fairly well with this method.

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

Also another question.

My Templar has a Triangle spell called Heal.

How does this work? I mean, like how do I recharge it and such? Do I gain new Spells?

How do I make these spells Stronger?

Also another question.
    How does this work? I mean, like how do I recharge it and such? Do I gain new Spells?

This is why you are not having a good result with rolls, you are playing as a Templar, you are a heavy armored knight...

Heal is a miracle not a spell, soon you will save/unlock NPCs that can teach you spells and miracles. You need to increase int and Magic for spells, and Faith for miracles.

To use it you need to equip your "Talisman of God " and then press the button assigned for the talisman (L1 or R1).

You can develop your character the way you want, the starter class is just a reference for lower levels.

Also another question.

I believe the heal spell is called a "miracle." You can strengthen miracles by leveling your "faith" stat with the waxed-eyes chick. There are two people at the start in the nexus that can sell you spells/miracles and equip them for you. Your heal spell will likely use MP/mana which can be refilled with items like 'old spice.'

I haven't personally done much casting, so this is all theory on my part, but I think that's how it works.

my PSN is iiirise if you ever have questions

Also another question.

This is why you are not having a good result with rolls, you are playing as a Templar, you are a heavy armored knight...

Heal is a miracle not a spell, soon you will save/unlock NPCs that can teach you spells and miracles. You need to increase int and Magic for spells, and Faith for miracles.

To use it you need to equip your "Talisman of God " and then press the button assigned for the talisman (L1 or R1).

You can develop your character the way you want, the starter class is just a reference for lower levels.

Good point- heavy armor makes for clunky rolling. If you take that armor off and roll around a bit, you'll see the difference.

Originally posted by Irish

When it comes to clunky melee animations, I think once you use the different types of weapons, you start getting a feel for the way they make your avatar move. As far as I've seen, if I die in Demon's Souls, I have no one to blame but myself. 

Exactly.

• czedlitzczedlitz Member Posts: 27

this game looks hot!  might have to check it out and finalyl put my PS3 to some work again!

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Warning this game is hard like crap? This game is actually challenging for once. Try going back to 1990 and playing a SNES game with a 10 page booklet and you have to figure out every single thing about the game. No internet walkthroughs back then LOL. Kids today are so spoiled!

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• Originally posted by Briansho

Warning this game is hard like crap? This game is actually challenging for once. Try going back to 1990 and playing a SNES game with a 10 page booklet and you have to figure out every single thing about the game. No internet walkthroughs back then LOL. Kids today are so spoiled!

QFT. Today all those modern games have a thin red line you can follow. I remember when you played Fallout where you only got a single line in you quest log with a name and city and thats it. Now that was gaming.

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Yes Atlus has always been a company that prided itself on making tough games, interesting game design and user-interface mechanics.

I've been curious about this one as I played a lot of Atlus games in the past, becoming a huge fan after such titles as: Metal Saga, Stell Deus, Magna Carta, Disgaea.

Also NIS America (an affiliate company of Atlus) made classics like Phantom Brave, and Makai Kingdoms.

All these are difficult games with unique twist on the RPG gameplay mechanics.

I guess I will have to pick Demon Soul pretty soon.

Originally posted by Battlekruse

QFT. Today all those modern games have a thin red line you can follow. I remember when you played Fallout where you only got a single line in you quest log with a name and city and thats it. Now that was gaming.

Well, Demon's Souls has no "thin red line you can follow".

Finally a game that has the production and beauty of  nowdays games and the challenge of old school gaming with originality.

http://www.gamespot.com/best-of/game-of-the-year/index.html?page=2

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/best-role-playing-gt-goty/60211

The real time but challenging and complex combat related to weapons variety would work well in a MMORPG, some of the multiplayer original ideas in Demon's Souls would be a nice addition to MMOs too.

• VexeVexe Member Posts: 549
    Originally posted by Kenaoshi

Well to do this exact system in an MMO you would need to encorporate the same kind of universe system which would mean you wouldn't be playing with anyone directly. But leaving messages WOULD be really cool in the same universe even

• MachineowarMachineowar Member UncommonPosts: 63

People make Demon's Souls out to be a lot harder than it is. Once you get used to how things work, and you stop running around like a goddamn retard and take your time, it gets pretty easy. Most of the bosses aren't even that bad, either.