Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion is not finished

Comments

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719

Originally posted by nblitz
    I was being sarcastic.
    I know. But your post implied that WoW lacks content too. So - lacks if compared to what? What other MMO has new raids added every 3 months?

The whole "standing in Dalaran" issue affects maybe ~15% of WoW players - members of top guilds. They can rush through any content as soon as it's added. Then they usually play alts for fun or semi-quit every time they're done with new raids.

For the rest of WoW players it's not an issue at all.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by wowfan1996

I was being sarcastic.
    I know. But your post implied that WoW lacks content too. So - lacks if compared to what? What other MMO has new raids added every 3 months?

The whole "standing in Dalaran" issue affects maybe ~15% of WoW players - members of top guilds. They can rush through any content as soon as it's added. Then they usually play alts for fun or semi-quit every time they're done with new raids.

For the rest of WoW players it's not an issue at all.

I wasn't implying anything other than what my personal experiences were. Dalaran was always jam packed.

No matter how fast they bring out "content", even players who you might consider "casual" blitz through it. And the newer instances were made even shorter!

And I love how people come up with magical percentages to prove their point.

What are you and the other wow addicts trying to get out of your little crusades on these forums and elsewhere?

Beats me! I've played WoW for years, from 2006 up to 2009 and I've played countless other MMOs in between those years  There are many aspects of them I don't consider fun anymore but you don't see me trying to shove my ideologies down other forumgoers' throats.

I.Just.Don't.Get.It.

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719

No matter how fast they bring out "content", even players who you might consider "casual" blitz through it.
    T7 was arguably the easiest tier ever and I personally knew a lot of people who couldn't even get into T7 heroic raids.

And the newer instances were made even shorter!
    There's probably not much time before Cataclysm anyway.

These percentages are educated guesses. You claim that you see many people idling in Dalaran. Alright, how many of them have full heroic T9 or equal gear? After all, people can be idle just because they're AFK.

What are you and the other wow addicts trying to get out of your little crusades on these forums and elsewhere?
    We want credit given where it's due. Too many false speculations about WoW are mindlessly repeated without any proof. And Aion fanboys are particularly prominent among the haters.

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

<>

We want credit given where it's due. Too many false speculations about WoW are mindlessly repeated without any proof. And Aion fanboys are particularly prominent among the haters.

That part is creepy. Do you have stocks/investments with Blizzard? Such loyalty to a game. Why?

If you ignore the "false speculations" they'll disappear on their own.

• SporeDotSporeDot Member Posts: 66

O'rly? :-) OK, AQ20/AQ40 were added a year and 2 WEEKS after realease. Tho weeks make a HUGE difference. Just HUGE. /sarcasm off

So that's 6 major raids.

O'rly? 2 weeks?

WoW release date - November 23, 2004

AQ patch 1.9 release date - (2006-01-03) (NOTE - this was the date the patch was released - NOT when the gates actually opened - which was even later than that.

Only DM consisted of 3 instances. :-) So there were 6 end-game 5-mans: Scholo, Strat, DMN, DMW, DME, LBRS (LBRS was still technically a raid, but people always 5-manned it). UBRS was 15-man initially and 10-man later.

Okay, you want to count seperate wings etc as a full instance - lets count Aions 5 upper abyss fort instances, the divine fort instance, labs, dark poeta, and you already beat WoW.

Purple gear wasn't always superior to blue (although usually it was). Also some people played alts for fun. So 5-mans served their purpose.

Doesnt change the fact that 5mans were pointless for characters who raid on the characters they play. The only reason they went at all was to gear other players in their guild because they needed 40 ppl.

ROFL. First, some people (actually quite some) couldn't care less about their PvP ranks. Second, those who cared had their Rank 13 sets by that time (and they could still wear them even if they lost ranks).

Dude, that doesnt even make sense. If people didnt care about PvP ranks, they didnt care about PvP. Are you forgetting how long you had to grind hardcore to gear to rank 14? Took months.

Furthermore, by what you said, that implies there were enough people who were HWL to PvP raid the enemy faction bosses. Which shows how crazy you really are.

Lets be honest here - how many people even seen ONE faction champion drop before BC/WoTLK?

With that said I suggest next time you don't try to bend and twist facts when you argue about WoW with me. Because I've been and seen that. :-)

So have I. I'm not twisting facts. I've just have evidence that YOU have misleading dates for your first argument, gave you a counter-point to how many dungeons WoW had compared to how many Aion has now, your next point about gear was irrelevant to what I said and didnt change the fact that what I said was true, and your PvP point simply didnt make sense.

Before you bust out your superiority complex, take a second to actually look for twisted facts, and look in to the mirror to see if you have twisted any yourself.

If you've just entered the game literally yesterday - that's true. Otherwise, you're twisting facts again. All that "useless" content was very, very useful at some point. But time moves on. And that's what makes WoW great - it doesn't stand still like Aion and other crappy MMOs.

If you entered the game since WoTLK, that's true.

I started playing late summer I believe, and I geared up from heroics to raid-ready in a couple weeks.. Right after that, patch dropped with ToC and aside from grabbing the weapons from H ToC 5man (which were easier to get than raid) and another few days grinding heroics, and I was again, nothing to do but raids.

Newest patch drops, try ICC instances out, nothing better than what I already have, nothing to do but raids.

Finally, as you even just agreed to, new players take only a couple weeks to have nothing to do but 5mans.

Sure, the content was useful "At some point" - just like just ICC 5mans are useful now, but next patch they will be useless just like ToC 5man is now.

Having content that was useful at some point does not make the game loaded with content - we have a whole world of vanilla wow and BC that are useless nowdays as well outside of achievements.

You say Aion doesnt move - take a look at the open beta patch on the website and all of that was patched in to Aion in under a year in the Korean version. Furthermore, if you look at the Aion Vision video, they have much, much more content shown in there that will be added to Aion, than WoW has shown in their details for the next expansion.

You have no clue what you are talking about if you think the game "stood still" - do some research first.

"Opinion" is the keyword here. There's diversity in WoW content and that's actually good. There's plenty of content for casuals (currently: heroic 5-mans, T7-T8 raids). And there's enough content for hardcore players (currently: T9-T10 raids, 2000+ rating arena).

Obviously, opinion is the keyword. If you think 2 weeks of content for each character is a sufficient amount outside of raids, your entitled to thinking thats great. I'm entitled to disagreeing with you.

I've played games that literally have months of content outside of raids. Heck, AoC is only a step down from the amount of content WoW has outside of raids - that game too you can spend 2 weeks and gear a character up to max. WoW has 1-up on AoC only in the areas of raids and being able to find PvP.

Ah, you suck at arena. My sympathies.

No, I was actually in a few decent teams. But Arenas are retardedly balanced - again my opinion - but in my opinion a fight that is based more upon the class combo you have rather than actual skill is not "fun" PvP.

Nor is only doing arenas when your team is on - WoW has no form of random arena system so your stuck with choosing optimal teams.

BG's are fairly useless and have been for a long time.

The world PvP is crap and thats where the most fun PvP encounters typically take place.

The class balance is as horrid as ever.

Finally, DPS is so out of hand and the PvP is retardedly balanced that its just not fun - feels too 'arcadey'. Even in full resil gear with a healer healing you, any class can be spiked down in seconds.

The last time WoW's PvP was fun was classic WoW. BC's introduction of resil screwed too many builds, and WoTLK's damage/health changes are just retarded.

I dont know how you could defend WoW's PvP. It's commonly mentioned how the PvP of the game has went down the drain as time went by.

I can't really be bothered to answer every statement in your wall of whine. Suffice it to say, it's all purely subjective.

Welcome to a forum - where people respond with their opinions on subject matter.

Funny how I merely mentioned my feelings on how I do not understand why people feel WoW is chock full of things to do, and you call that a "wall of whine".

Ironic as well, as you are in a topic about Aion trying to spread the word about how WoW is the best game ever, and your talking about things being subjective....

Noone even really needed to hear your opinion - just look at your name. That shows how credible you are - as if my first response in this post was not enough to question your credibility.

With that said, amoung all your defenses of WoW, I thought I should clarify a bit - I'm not saying WoW is a bad game. In my opinion its a good game - at least... a good RAIDING game. But it has loads of weak points outside of raids, and the amount of content is severely overrated, as if content is obsolete it is not fair to include it. What use is having content there if you never actually experience it? That's one of the biggest problems/criticism WoW has recieved since release.

I dont know if you know anything about Game Design, but I've taken a class in it. One of the fundamental aspects of RPG game is progression. Content without progression is a flaw in game design. If you do a little searching on the web you will find that to be true.

WoW has been smart with addressing this problem in raids with their heroic/non heroic system as of late, but their handling of 5mans is nothing more than silly from a game design perspective...

Now from a MARKETING perspective, it's smart. Do you really support something in a game that is done for pure marketing rather than to actually make the game a better game for the player? I honestly have trouble doing that.

No matter how fast they bring out "content", even players who you might consider "casual" blitz through it.
    T7 was arguably the easiest tier ever and I personally knew a lot of people who couldn't even get into T7 heroic raids.

And the newer instances were made even shorter!

There's probably not much time before Cataclysm anyway.

These percentages are educated guesses. You claim that you see many people idling in Dalaran. Alright, how many of them have full heroic T9 or equal gear? After all, people can be idle just because they're AFK.

Not much time before Cataclysm? I guess you missed the comments at Blizzcon where they mentioned they will have more news on Cataclysm at the next blizzcon...

Your in an Aion thread complaining about Aion fanboys? When your an obvious WoW fanboy? The irony is painful, and you have spread much false speculation about both WoW and Aion. See above post for examples.

• DAVIDMINDYDAVIDMINDY Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Originally posted by SporeDot

O'rly? :-) OK, AQ20/AQ40 were added a year and 2 WEEKS after realease. Tho weeks make a HUGE difference. Just HUGE. /sarcasm off

So that's 6 major raids.

O'rly? 2 weeks?

WoW release date - November 23, 2004

AQ patch 1.9 release date - (2006-01-03) (NOTE - this was the date the patch was released - NOT when the gates actually opened - which was even later than that.

Only DM consisted of 3 instances. :-) So there were 6 end-game 5-mans: Scholo, Strat, DMN, DMW, DME, LBRS (LBRS was still technically a raid, but people always 5-manned it). UBRS was 15-man initially and 10-man later.

Okay, you want to count seperate wings etc as a full instance - lets count Aions 5 upper abyss fort instances, the divine fort instance, labs, dark poeta, and you already beat WoW.

Purple gear wasn't always superior to blue (although usually it was). Also some people played alts for fun. So 5-mans served their purpose.

Doesnt change the fact that 5mans were pointless for characters who raid on the characters they play. The only reason they went at all was to gear other players in their guild because they needed 40 ppl.

ROFL. First, some people (actually quite some) couldn't care less about their PvP ranks. Second, those who cared had their Rank 13 sets by that time (and they could still wear them even if they lost ranks).

Dude, that doesnt even make sense. If people didnt care about PvP ranks, they didnt care about PvP. Are you forgetting how long you had to grind hardcore to gear to rank 14? Took months.

Furthermore, by what you said, that implies there were enough people who were HWL to PvP raid the enemy faction bosses. Which shows how crazy you really are.

Lets be honest here - how many people even seen ONE faction champion drop before BC/WoTLK?

With that said I suggest next time you don't try to bend and twist facts when you argue about WoW with me. Because I've been and seen that. :-)

So have I. I'm not twisting facts. I've just have evidence that YOU have misleading dates for your first argument, gave you a counter-point to how many dungeons WoW had compared to how many Aion has now, your next point about gear was irrelevant to what I said and didnt change the fact that what I said was true, and your PvP point simply didnt make sense.

Before you bust out your superiority complex, take a second to actually look for twisted facts, and look in to the mirror to see if you have twisted any yourself.

If you've just entered the game literally yesterday - that's true. Otherwise, you're twisting facts again. All that "useless" content was very, very useful at some point. But time moves on. And that's what makes WoW great - it doesn't stand still like Aion and other crappy MMOs.

If you entered the game since WoTLK, that's true.

I started playing late summer I believe, and I geared up from heroics to raid-ready in a couple weeks.. Right after that, patch dropped with ToC and aside from grabbing the weapons from H ToC 5man (which were easier to get than raid) and another few days grinding heroics, and I was again, nothing to do but raids.

Newest patch drops, try ICC instances out, nothing better than what I already have, nothing to do but raids.

Finally, as you even just agreed to, new players take only a couple weeks to have nothing to do but 5mans.

Sure, the content was useful "At some point" - just like just ICC 5mans are useful now, but next patch they will be useless just like ToC 5man is now.

Having content that was useful at some point does not make the game loaded with content - we have a whole world of vanilla wow and BC that are useless nowdays as well outside of achievements.

You say Aion doesnt move - take a look at the open beta patch on the website and all of that was patched in to Aion in under a year in the Korean version. Furthermore, if you look at the Aion Vision video, they have much, much more content shown in there that will be added to Aion, than WoW has shown in their details for the next expansion.

You have no clue what you are talking about if you think the game "stood still" - do some research first.

"Opinion" is the keyword here. There's diversity in WoW content and that's actually good. There's plenty of content for casuals (currently: heroic 5-mans, T7-T8 raids). And there's enough content for hardcore players (currently: T9-T10 raids, 2000+ rating arena).

Obviously, opinion is the keyword. If you think 2 weeks of content for each character is a sufficient amount outside of raids, your entitled to thinking thats great. I'm entitled to disagreeing with you.

I've played games that literally have months of content outside of raids. Heck, AoC is only a step down from the amount of content WoW has outside of raids - that game too you can spend 2 weeks and gear a character up to max. WoW has 1-up on AoC only in the areas of raids and being able to find PvP.

Ah, you suck at arena. My sympathies.

No, I was actually in a few decent teams. But Arenas are retardedly balanced - again my opinion - but in my opinion a fight that is based more upon the class combo you have rather than actual skill is not "fun" PvP.

Nor is only doing arenas when your team is on - WoW has no form of random arena system so your stuck with choosing optimal teams.

BG's are fairly useless and have been for a long time.

The world PvP is crap and thats where the most fun PvP encounters typically take place.

The class balance is as horrid as ever.

Finally, DPS is so out of hand and the PvP is retardedly balanced that its just not fun - feels too 'arcadey'. Even in full resil gear with a healer healing you, any class can be spiked down in seconds.

The last time WoW's PvP was fun was classic WoW. BC's introduction of resil screwed too many builds, and WoTLK's damage/health changes are just retarded.

I dont know how you could defend WoW's PvP. It's commonly mentioned how the PvP of the game has went down the drain as time went by.

I can't really be bothered to answer every statement in your wall of whine. Suffice it to say, it's all purely subjective.

Welcome to a forum - where people respond with their opinions on subject matter.

Funny how I merely mentioned my feelings on how I do not understand why people feel WoW is chock full of things to do, and you call that a "wall of whine".

Ironic as well, as you are in a topic about Aion trying to spread the word about how WoW is the best game ever, and your talking about things being subjective....

Noone even really needed to hear your opinion - just look at your name. That shows how credible you are - as if my first response in this post was not enough to question your credibility.

With that said, amoung all your defenses of WoW, I thought I should clarify a bit - I'm not saying WoW is a bad game. In my opinion its a good game - at least... a good RAIDING game. But it has loads of weak points outside of raids, and the amount of content is severely overrated, as if content is obsolete it is not fair to include it. What use is having content there if you never actually experience it? That's one of the biggest problems/criticism WoW has recieved since release.

I dont know if you know anything about Game Design, but I've taken a class in it. One of the fundamental aspects of RPG game is progression. Content without progression is a flaw in game design. If you do a little searching on the web you will find that to be true.

WoW has been smart with addressing this problem in raids with their heroic/non heroic system as of late, but their handling of 5mans is nothing more than silly from a game design perspective...

Now from a MARKETING perspective, it's smart. Do you really support something in a game that is done for pure marketing rather than to actually make the game a better game for the player? I honestly have trouble doing that.

This is a good thread for laughs. Its amazing how we Americans believe that if a game is not catered to out taste that it is automatically a failure. Makes me sad knowing that all my kids are in high school not learning that there is more people outside of America than inside. So I will admit that I like AION and i played WOW for over a year. By far the most fun I have gaming sine EQ (the first one) and that is the only measure that matters. But I am going to add a few simple facts to this thread.

1. NCsoft is not an American company and makes games primarily for it market (Asia and Europe)

2. Financially last year was it most successful year ever for the online gaming division ever. Prior years not even close.

3. Aion won more awards in its primary markets than any other game.

4. Year to year growth was better than they anticipated. Read financial statements  they tell you the true strength of a game.

5. As someone stated before. Every gamer that they get in America is Icing on the cake. There are several sites that post the      server totals if you want to check. Only 14 servers for us. 

6. They have not consolidated or closed in servers in any of the markets that they serve.

7. I have played on the Asian servers and currently play on an American server. The game is not paced the same. It has been softened for our market. But it would be foolish to think it will ever be as fast paced as WOW.

8.  WOW has probably the most efficient client on the market. Which supports one the largest hardware bases  in the world.  Aion  could not touch that if they wanted to. Way to much eye candy.

9. Last but not least. It was never meant to be WOW. Its like chocolate those who like it love it those who don't, dont  . But in the big picture it does not matter.  

• eldarineldarin Member Posts: 21

I will miss one thing about Aion and it is "Glide"

Glide was the only innovative thing in this game. And it was brilliant. Also  clean 3D work was supporting glide .

There were many interesting creature designes but i was going to puke just because of the Mumu , Mau, Cat people and cute beaver content (Some kinda picachu :P ) In every tier you were going to an open -air dungeon related with those humanoids (music was fine, but it was repeating it self )

Regular grind is a "must" in this game which made me miss warhammer .  If you have a real life "even at the minimum level :) " you need to buy some gold.

Abyss  was ok , but lower than my expectations. 

Guild system was broken and sloppy. 

PVP was a big lie , no PVP in aion"  it is random, it is not about skill or anything you rip your self to find some decent fight, more often it is zerg.

I returned to Warhammer, maybe i will give another chance to AoC , untill Kotor release.

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216
    Originally posted by MisterSr

"The game has potential", this is the number one thing you hear when you read any review about Aion. Potential is always another way to say the game is not finished. Fanboys and trolls alike can agree on this, the game does well for itself up to 30, but after that there is absolutely no content. Yes the game was out in Asia for six months, but eastern standards are much lower than western ones. Just look at all the Asian games that spam the game list on this website, a lot of them F2P for us but P2P for them. Having said this, NCsoft was able to release an unfinished game (by our standards anyways) over there and appeal to that market, but once it moved over here, the content-seeking western market was not impressed. I am not going to spend hours stating why and why it's not finished, because one can just look at the rest of the threads on this forum and come to that conclusion for themselves. I want to say though that this game does indeed have potential, and if that vision trailer does come true, this game may indeed have a future, as it is now it does not stand up to even Dungeons and Dragons, a F2P game. As the game stands right now, it's not worth wasting even your two cents on because in the end all that hard work and grinding is for nothing. Unless this game releases content to appeal to our market Aion is not going to survive but maybe a year in the western market. I am going to suggest to those interested to wait a few months before looking back into this game, it may have something to offer then. The number one thing that needs to happen with this game is they need to release the new content shown to us as soon as possible, otherwise I can't guarantee this game will be here starting 2011.

Don't kid yourself..Aion will be around for years to come. I garentee it..

With future patches it will be even better. My prediction is one of the best pvp MMOs in 2011-2012. To each their own I suppose.

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216
    Originally posted by teco221

I don't understand why everyone always compares a new game to WOW.  If you want a new game just like WOW, why don't you just go to play WOW???

Exactly....why folks compare a 4-5 year old game to a brand new MMO is nuts. If Aion was 4-5 years old it would hve an insane amount of content as well. Folks got nothing better to do this whine and bitch i guess lol

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• ravenmystravenmyst Member UncommonPosts: 55

People tend to look at WoW as a standard as to how sucessful a game can/will be in the future.  Looking at how WoW was when it first launched and comparing it to Aion is quite reasonable.  Comparing WoW 1 yr after launch to what Aion is the same thing, Aion IS a year old.  People who say well it just launched in the EU/US that makes no difference.  The game has been out for over a year.  In a year WoW was already turning into  beast on the mmo scene, Aion in the EU/US is failing.  In Korea (which is population  the game was designed for) it is indeed doing well.  The claims that it was "being westernized" were true in that we have less of a grind, but that grind is a large part of what's killing Aion in the EU/US.  Majority of people over here don't want to see that they want the grind to be hidden behind the pre-tense  of quests and stuff.  There countless other problems also though that are assissting in it's death over here.  So comparing Aion to WoW when it was a year old is perfectly feasible, comparing it to what WoW is now is a different story though.

Space available for rent.

• ghaianaghaiana Member UncommonPosts: 106

Honestly I don't really see Aion failing. Servers are still busy enough. They didn't have to merge servers. No one knows exactly how many people play, but if I compare Aion after some months with AoC or Warhammer, it seems to do much better. Not every MMO needs to have 11 million subscribers to be a success (compare EvE or LoTRo, they do pretty well with lower numbers).

I played WoW at release in Europe and I still play it sometimes. WoW had a lot of problems as well when they started. PvP sucked really (and still I don't think they really managed to make it interesting). There were quite some bugs, lag, queues. There was not much of an endgame for those who rushed through the levels, there was a heavy grind at levels 30-50 (remember the quests with the droprates of 2%?)  Five almost six years later even my daughter of 9 (who doesn't speak English) can rush through levels by just doing battlegrounds and random dungeons. She doesn't understand a bit of Aion. That's fine, I needed a bit more challenge by now, my children took over my WoW accounts.

• McAvoyMcAvoy Member Posts: 85

When the company behind a game has to make a video to trick people into buying and resubscribing it usually means the game is failing.

Read the Aion "Vision" video comments on you tube to understand.

Inherited Will, the Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of its People. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, these things will never cease to be! - Gol D. Roger

• ThenariusThenarius Member Posts: 1,106
    Originally posted by McAvoy

When the company behind a game has to make a video to trick people into buying and resubscribing it usually means the game is failing.

Every company does that tough.

If they'll keep their word, then the Vision trailer is just a way to see what's in the mind of Aion devs for the future.

Originally posted by McAvoy

This is silly. Every game makes videos to advertize new features.

Difference is, the Visions video is actually loaded with new features, areas, PvP systems, skills, etc.

It shows many more new game-changing features than Cataclysm shows - instead of giving them props for that, you try to turn it in to a clue that the game is failing?

It's rediculous when people actually want a game to fail so badly. Says alot about people these days.

• andrew24pandrew24p Member Posts: 70

i dont understand , it seems like to  me you have a boner for wow ... so go back. God people these days want everything handed to them. The grind is not that bad compared to other games and i love the people saying its dead because its been out for 3 months and YES 3 MONTHS not one year idiot... let me fill you in on something THE GAMES HAVE DIFFERENT DEVS in other countries. God damn get your facts straight before you flame the shit out of a game that is still alive ffs

• FunballFunball Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by andrew24p

i dont understand , it seems like to  me you have a boner for wow ... so go back. God people these days want everything handed to them. The grind is not that bad compared to other games and i love the people saying its dead because its been out for 3 months and YES 3 MONTHS not one year idiot... let me fill you in on something THE GAMES HAVE DIFFERENT DEVS in other countries. God damn get your facts straight before you flame the shit out of a game that is still alive ffs

Aion is garbage.  It's no more difficult than WoW, hands everything to you the same as WoW, is even more dumbed-down than WoW...it just takes you longer to do anything in Aion.

Sorry.  =(

it doesnt and im guessing you have never played it it has an easy concept however "kill x amount get x amount of levels" but other than that things are not handed to you

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Most of the people on this site are a complete joke. Just the most unhappy miserable folks in history. Most of the time, people on here just talk shit about every game on the market.

I actively play Aion and I can say that on the two servers in which I play, both of literally exploding with players. All I kept reading about is the lack of content and quest... I must say, now at level 36, and from at least level 17, I can't even accept all of the quest as I have 30/30 in the log. People have posted screenshots on the amount of quest and content only to be heckled by some of the fine folks on the site who will hate the game no matter what.

To those who play Aion, I'll be seeing you around for a while as this game is not going anywhere but up. To the haters... please open a vein and leave the rest of us happy gamers be. Just because you can't find happiness in anything you play does not mean you have to talk shit about every game on the market.

Flame on

• FunballFunball Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by Praetalus

Most of the people on this site are a complete joke. Just the most unhappy miserable folks in history. Most of the time, people on here just talk shit about every game on the market.
    I actively play Aion and I can say that on the two servers in which I play, both of literally exploding with players. All I kept reading about is the lack of content and quest... I must say, now at level 36, and from at least level 17, I can't even accept all of the quest as I have 30/30 in the log. People have posted screenshots on the amount of quest and content only to be heckled by some of the fine folks on the site who will hate the game no matter what.
    To those who play Aion, I'll be seeing you around for a while as this game is not going anywhere but up. To the haters... please open a vein and leave the rest of us happy gamers be. Just because you can't find happiness in anything you play does not mean you have to talk shit about every game on the market.

Flame on

Cool story bro!

Congrats on liking garbage.  Biggest disapointment of 2009 -> Aion.  The only direction Aion is going in, is a circular rotation as it get flushed like the turd that it is.  This time next year, it'll either be gone the way of Tabula Rasa, or limping along with subscription rates like WAR.  Wait and see. Now don't break your mouse spazz-clicking the 'report' button.  =P

Leave troll

Flame on

Cool story bro!

Congrats on liking garbage.  Biggest disapointment of 2009 -> Aion.  The only direction Aion is going in, is a circular rotation as it get flushed like the turd that it is.  This time next year, it'll either be gone the way of Tabula Rasa, or limping along with subscription rates like WAR.  Wait and see. Now don't break your mouse spazz-clicking the 'report' button.  =P

Originally posted by Funball

Flame on

Cool story bro!

Yeah, and AoC won "most improved of 2009". If your talking so badly bout Aion I could imagine what usaid bout AoC last year. Especially when Aion in its current state is much better than AoC in its current state.

Lets see where both games are next year.

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864

Flame on

Cool story bro!

Yeah, and AoC won "most improved of 2009". If your talking so badly bout Aion I could imagine what usaid bout AoC last year. Especially when Aion in its current state is much better than AoC in its current state.

SporeDot,

You are obviously an intelligent guy... you know how shit works - then you must realize, that feeding the trolls is a big no-no.

Don't even bother or waste your time. People like this simply are not worth the effort.....

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

Originally posted by Cammy
    Originally posted by Praetalus Most of the people on this site are a complete joke. Just the most unhappy miserable folks in history. Most of the time, people on here just talk shit about every game on the market.

Flame on
     Cool story bro!

SporeDot,
    You are obviously an intelligent guy... you know how shit works - then you must realize, that feeding the trolls is a big no-no.
    Don't even bother or waste your time. People like this simply are not worth the effort.....

Aion is anything but trash, if it were trash I would not of resubscribed for 3 months. The main point of the original article was to state that NCsoft must make changes on this game very soon (doing everything mention in the Vision trailer would be nice) or Aion is going to crash in burn in 2010. Much of it's current audience is PvP oriented or truly likes Asian styled MMOs; now looking at the games coming out in 2010 FFXI will pull much of the Asian MMO fans and GW2 (depending on whether that really comes out this year) will drag off a huge portion of the PVPers. That is going to leave Aion with a substantially smaller population. Aion is beautiful and it also provides much accessibility as far as the combat system goes, but the lack of PvE content all the way to 50 (and yes, the developers did say they would provide this) and the lack of instanced PvP zones alongside the existing open PvP zones makes the game feel like it is lacking. Now, whether you like it or not I am going to compare the content aspect of WoW to this game. The reason WoW has such a huge population is because it provides a copious amount of PvE content, allowing players to CHOOSE where they would like to level next, and then again the end-game content leaves the players with a huge amount of options. From all the games I've played, this game provides the most options content wise. At the moment, Aions saving grace is the Abyss, but hardly anyone is going to experience this because the grind is extremely tedious. To those who would call me not a "real" gamer, then if real gaming is doing the exact same repetitive and easy action of killing monsters for twelve hours a day while my XP bar slowly pokes along, then I am not sure I want to be considered a "real" gamer anyways. I enjoy challenges, I enjoy game-play which I can truly feel immersed in. Aion has the potential to be one of the greatest MMOs to emerge from the past decade, but as it stands right now it doesn't hold a candle to half of them. I love the idea of Aion, but I don't love the game as of now. I pray that NCsoft takes action soon and does what it promised, or, as stated by our troll friend above, history may repeat itself in this coming year.

• lathlath Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by Lathander81

Originally posted by lath

aion is not community friendly.it also required too much classes just to form a instance team compare to other mmorpg.u end up wasting a lot of time finding team members.the flight time limit is repetitive as well...one of the main reason why i hate going abyss.the time spend on traveling is a bit long but the cost of traveling is ridiculous for some cases. i wont even touch on all the cons of end game content it have as well as the lack of inventive event...ncsoft gms seldom held events in game also -.-

anyway aion is only good for a small group of players.most of us who tried it have already quit.i agreed l2 will be more fun if u like grinding type of mmo compare to aion.aion is finished in the sense for me.i wont ever go back and subscribe again.

might as well wait for blade & soul instead.

I didn't see "in my opinion" in there.  Because all I see is a bunch of opinions.  

1.) The community on my server is awesome.  You can't see every servers' community so saying that its is not friendly is only based on your experience with your server.

2.) You only waste time waiting for groups if you want specific classes in your group.  The other day we ran Fire Temple with 2 chanters, a templar and a ranger. 

3.) Traveling in the abyss is not always slow depending on what your faction owns in the area.  Most times you can teleport around. Also if you have flight serums you can fly longer. Some teleports can cost more than others but its a drop in the bucket.

4.) The game has only been out for 3-4 monthes.  We had a Halloween event and a Christmas event.  Plus they added Vet rewards.  What more do you want?

5.) last time I check the servers are still pretty fat.  There were a lot of people who quit but that is to be expected.  Not everyone will like the same game.  But at least have fact and be honest when you post.  I can take peoples opinion but not when they just make stuff up.

1.community in your server is awesome does not mean its good in mine.anyway i was talking about the community features.the lacking of them not the attitude of the community population itself.

there are too many for me to list and since i already quit i don't want to type too long winded.

some of the lacking feature in my view is the lack of features like ranking in legion as well as the number of players allow in legion.

also the legion storage is not very flexible as well as only those in the higher ranks can deposit items and view them if allowed by leader.they should allow for certain ranks to be able to deposit stuff as well as view stuff for legion storage.

the mailbox in game is really terrible.they should really give players a select box and delete all option with the numbers of mail a person can get in game.

another issue is lacking in gm support regards to bots as well as poor end game feature such as fortress war which should be instanced and limited to certain number of players for each side to make up for more fun and less dc and lag,there are quite a few more issue but it all bring me to say aion is not community friendly as in the legion community inside does not last long if u compare to other mmos.

2.fire temple...lol.

i talking about high lvl dungeon instance pass lvl 40-50...not low lvl ones like fire temple.suffice to say in higher lvl u need a sorc to do cc.a templar for tanking.a cleric for heal and best have a chanter as well(though chanter is not 100% a must).after u get all those classes u leave very little choice for other classes.other mmo usually only required a tanker and healer,the rest can be made up of all the other classes giving more flexibility to teaming.in aion the req classes already took up 3 or more slots already.giving the rest not much choices.this is also one of the lacking in community feature i was talking about.not friendly at all.

3.not gonna say u are wrong here,i am just saying i dont like flight timing in abyss myself.and the cost of buying serum as well as for teleport is not something i will say cheap.

4.those event u were saying is all automated in game.i was saying event where gm took a active role inside.and the amount of boting also prove to show the gms is very lazy.at many times u cant find a gm in game even though ppl is spamming or when u wish to report something.

5.that why i did not say aion is dead hehe...servers still fairly active i agreed..afterall its only been a few months.

it is just finished for me and many of those i know.and if ncsoft dare to publish the info of the amount of ppl who started playing and the amount of people who is still in game u will probably agreed with me many have already left.

and i did not make stuff up hehe u are just bias lol...i did play in aion and my legion got to rank 2-3 in the starting first to second month.