Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the classic server really classic really classic?

I played DAoC back in the day for about 2 months, but never played much after that. The title says it all how classic is the classic server? Thinking of comming back for a few months for the simple reason that most games released since the old school actual MMOs IE.. EQ,DAoC,AC etc. Well you pples know how its been. So without all the flashy "new" crazy dumbed down ( in most cases) added content for the old MMOs how classic exactly is the classic DAoC server?

Comments

• exestenz69exestenz69 Member Posts: 121

o come on someone has to have an answer

So your telling me out of the hole 50 views of this post no one can tell me if the classic server for DAoC is truly classic ?

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

Your asking if a classic server is classic. You should be able to answer that yourself. If not, here is a formula to follow: Classic = Classic. It's why they named it the classic server.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I'd reply with the answer, but I don't know what it is to be "really classic really classic" rather than just, say, classic.

Hmm by classic i mean before say the 3d expancion.I say the 3d expancion because it was the 3d 1 that screwd up EQ. I hear alot about ToA was the 1 that screwd up DAoC wich 1 was this?  By classic i also mean nothing dumbed down to the modern standard. IE WoW. Im sorry if i screwd up the title of this thread LOL but thats just what happens when youre about 13 into a 18 pack.

• felorefelore Member Posts: 222

there is no more classic...there is only 1 server combining 11ish servers...all shared...alll ToA

• keolienkeolien Member Posts: 198

Felore is right, mythic combined all the servers to forum the new cluster "Ywain"

I used to play on Gareth, mythics classic server, it was the same game but without Toa, buffbots had a buff range, so you couldn't buff your character at portal keep then leave bot at portal keep. But you could just stick the bot to your main for buffs. There were some other rules that was on the classic servers but it is not the classic you are thinking about.

um well i guess im just getting old. Probably have to make my own Oblivion mod to get anywhere near the class MMO experience. If they just put in some multiplayer features.The sad part is the OLD school is dieing. I dont think anything POST wow is doing anything anywhere near what the original MMO was all about.. community.

• djnexusdjnexus Member Posts: 677
    Originally posted by felore

there is no more classic...there is only 1 server combining 11ish servers...all shared...alll ToA

There is if you look hard enough :)

• HitechLolifeHitechLolife Member Posts: 210
    Originally posted by keolien

Felore is right, mythic combined all the servers to forum the new cluster "Ywain"
    I used to play on Gareth, mythics classic server, it was the same game but without Toa, buffbots had a buff range, so you couldn't buff your character at portal keep then leave bot at portal keep. But you could just stick the bot to your main for buffs. There were some other rules that was on the classic servers but it is not the classic you are thinking about.

Noooooees I missed it.

When was this server around? Last time I looked into classic servers Mythic was thinking about it but people assumed the idea got shelved during the buildup to WAR's launch (the theory was that mythic didn't want to lose potential subs on the new game.).

Currently Playing: The Game

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Considering that Mythic pretty much doesn't even exist anymore having been consumed entirely by EA and merged with and run by Bioware now.  I wouldn't hold my breathe of DAoC ever getting the Classic server that was hyped during WARs production, but like another has said...open Google and if you look hard enough you will find what you want!