Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oke damnit

13»

Comments

• Asmodeus_Asmodeus_ Member Posts: 223

I play BOTH, WoW & Eq2. WoW is cooler because i prefer a game with PvP. Eq2 doesnt has that.
    I dont know about you but if you 'enjoy' PvP and get excitment from it then eq2 isnt the game for you but WoW is. Yet eq2 has those like BIIIIG buildings and moniments which ar amazing, that bigness wow just cant compare to and more realistic graphics, (more pixels) which sometimes makes the game more a joy.
    Graphic sof WoW can get borred. but the gameplay of WoW is simple better because you GRIND and do quests FOR a CAUSE you DO it to OWN the otherside 'the horde' or the 'alliance' which you ar
    And THAT my friends :) makes wow an excitment

• HandaHanda Member Posts: 45

Originally posted by Anofalye

To me, a game that cost $15 a month and that is easier then Diablo, that I complete faster then Diablo, is really not worth it!  WoW would be fine, as a single RPG with no monthlee fees.  I feel insulted about that monthlee fees on something I would have complete within the free month trial period, especially if you add high end out of solo or group reach that is equally fast to obtain!  And I dont talk about peoples who powerlevel, I dont believe in powerleveling at the expense of fun, but I do play 80 hours a week, so if I am done with your game content within 320 hours, there is a serious issue there
    I'm sorry, but anyone who plays a game 80+ hours per week IS a powergamer.  Please do not put your gaming obsession as the gold standard by which any game should be judged.  To the average gamer (those that might play 3-5 hours per day/30 hours per week), WOW cannot be maxed in the first free month of play.  I have been playing since release day as a devoted casual gamer and have yet to get a character beyond level 36.  The bottom line to WOW is that I have enjoyed the ride to that level and not felt the "need" to rush to a maxed out character.
    I just don't get the idea that game developers MUST make their game to suit the small percentage of people whose life revolves around achieving maximum level in the shortest possible time....even if that means 80+ hours of gaming per week and sacrificing a well rounded life.  The majority of the world plays games differently from that and doesn't want their game experience dictated by powergamers.
  • JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

Originally posted by Anofalye

To me, a game that cost $15 a month and that is easier then Diablo, that I complete faster then Diablo, is really not worth it! WoW would be fine, as a single RPG with no monthlee fees. I feel insulted about that monthlee fees on something I would have complete within the free month trial period, especially if you add high end out of solo or group reach that is equally fast to obtain! And I dont talk about peoples who powerlevel, I dont believe in powerleveling at the expense of fun, but I do play 80 hours a week, so if I am done with your game content within 320 hours, there is a serious issue there if you plan on charging monthlee fees! And I hate raiding and PvP, so nothing you put about raiding or PvP will keep me busy 1 moment, it need to be solo or grouping and letting me pick if possible between those 2. After 15 hours I was level 10 and level 8, this is 1 day, from reading others, it was clear I would have hit the 60 way before the month and come clashing with a must raid dimwit setting LOL.

First let me say, I can't believe I missed this post before. Second let me say: BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Someone who's favorite game is CoH calling another game "as simple as Diablo" BWHAHAHAHAHAHA. All Anofalye is doing is using what I said about CoH and applying it to WoW. Priceless.

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

I think the poster was referring to powerlevelling rather than powergaming. I would think a powerleveller would be indiffierent to content and simply aim for levelling. We had them in WoW when I was playing WoW .... many of the folks who made 60 quickest did it through powerlevelling, and simply grinding mobs and avoiding the quest content. That's different from powergaming and simply devoting a lot of time and doing all the content. I'm not a power gamer, but I think there is a distinction there.

To the average gamer (those that might play 3-5 hours per day/30 hours per week), WOW cannot be maxed in the first free month of play.

Agree, but gaming to that level (most people don't consider 30 hours casual, btw ... it's not power but its more than casual ... casual to me is more like 15 hours per week tops) you should be able to reach the level cap in 8-10 weeks without a problem if you play one character and don't focus on alts. I think thats an issue for WoW. The endgame has little content and at this point its not only powergamers who are there, there are also a lot of intermediate gamers who are there and the casuals are catching up as well. I think that's a problem for the game. Sure you can go around and create alts and play them while you wait for the endgame content, but beyond the lowest levels of content soon enough you will find yourself repeating quests, which is very boring (at least to me ... YMMV).

The bottom line to WOW is that I have enjoyed the ride to that level and not felt the "need" to rush to a maxed out character.

I don't understand why there is the need to blame players for the fact that Blizzard's end game content is lacking. Again, powerlevellers who made it to 60 in 3 weeks, that is fine -- tel them they rushed and blame them. But the folks who are reaching 60 now, 10-12 weeks after release, didn't rush there. In my opinion, they shouldn't be scapegoated for the reality that Blizzard has lackluster endgame content at this time.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

About crafting...

Crafting and Adventuring dont really mixt well.  A real crafter will vomit over WoW and old EQ is a pain, while EQ2 slightly improve.

A real crafter is someone that love crafting, not for the edge in the adventuring world, but for the edge in the merchanding world and building a house and designing stuff around, not to be a better goblins slayer.

Some adventurers may appreciate to have differents methods to developp those edges for adventuring, which is fine with me, as long as it remain secondary and not the main reason someone is good or bad at slaying goblins, and adventurer need to remain, an adventurer!

Which basically bring back the main argument I always use, everyone should be good at what they are doing and only at that.  (raiders should be good at raiding and only at that)  OR, everyone should be equally good in everything, it is a 2 ways bridges, and someone saying otherwise love to molest others players.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren