Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to DAOC have some questions and need some advice

icreepinicreepin Member UncommonPosts: 29

Ok me ans wife are switching games played EQ for years but I love pvp wife is luke warm to it. (she will help but not go looking for it.) We have tried wow she thinks its ok i hate it. Tried Aion to me its ok she hates it. EQ well only one pvp server and after 10 plus years of playing need something different.

Here are the things we know for sure has to be a RvR server that way wife isnt forced to pvp in any open zone (unlike on pvp server in EQ)

Now we are CST so prefer a RvR sever with large play time in the CST if not then we would like a server that was mostly CST and EST.

We are probably going to pick the relm with the mid population base a bit more challenging while still having a good base of people to group and exp with.

We are taking a few days off before we get on another game so please any advice would be helpful.

Comments

• krowxxviikrowxxvii Member Posts: 177

Well, there's pretty much only one "server," it's a cluster called Ywain. There are other clusters, but a VAST majority of the population is on Ywain.

There isn't open-rvr on Ywain. Only in specified areas and battlegrounds. So you won't have to worry about that.

Not sure about the timezone for Ywain, but I'm CST as well and always had plenty of people to play with (except in the wee hours of the morn).

Hope that helps. DAOC is still awesome and always will be :) Good choice!

You can't use the tools if you don't know they exist...
    http://www.ic3.gov - Internet Crime Complaint Center - Report cyber crimes to the FBI.

http://www.spamcop.net - SpamCop.net - Report spam and scam emails.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/ - Network Solutions WHOIS - Investigate and reveal suspcious websites.

• icreepinicreepin Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by krowxxvii

Well, there's pretty much only one "server," it's a cluster called Ywain. There are other clusters, but a VAST majority of the population is on Ywain.
    There isn't open-rvr on Ywain. Only in specified areas and battlegrounds. So you won't have to worry about that.
    Not sure about the timezone for Ywain, but I'm CST as well and always had plenty of people to play with (except in the wee hours of the morn).

So no open RvR which means if I head out of my relm and see someone from the relm i entered I cant attack them or them me?

• krowxxviikrowxxvii Member Posts: 177
    Originally posted by icreepin

So no open RvR which means if I head out of my relm and see someone from the relm i entered I cant attack them or them me?

You can get attacked in certain areas. Usually, you won't end up in those areas unless you're specifically looking for PvP, or PvP oriented content.

Don't quote me on that. I spent most of my time in BGs and grinding aurulites. so.. maybe someone else can offer better insight than me :)

You can't use the tools if you don't know they exist...
    http://www.ic3.gov - Internet Crime Complaint Center - Report cyber crimes to the FBI.

http://www.spamcop.net - SpamCop.net - Report spam and scam emails.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/ - Network Solutions WHOIS - Investigate and reveal suspcious websites.

You can get attacked in certain areas. Usually, you won't end up in those areas unless you're specifically looking for PvP, or PvP oriented content.

Don't quote me on that. I spent most of my time in BGs and grinding aurulites. so.. maybe someone else can offer better insight than me :)

I guess I understand, example there are only 2 zones that there is no pvp in everquest well 4 if you count the guild lobby anmd the guild halls. Other then that its fair game. So when I told the wife about DAOC and she read the RvR stuff she was all for this game. now thats not saying she wont pvp and when pvp comes she will be 100% into the fight but 99 times out of 100 she will turn down all request to go look for it. So we need something that will balance out.

Any ideas on the best server to join RVR for our time zone? CST

• PhoenixWritePhoenixWrite Member Posts: 33

Any ideas on the best server to join RVR for our time zone? CST

Reasonable there is just one Cluster on US: Ywain. But try to get on Ywain 3-10 because of Houseing Zone, if you ever want to get a little home, that is.

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828

There are PvE zones where you are completely safe. You can level all the way to 50 without any chance of PvP, if you want. There are also shared zones; and if you go into those, you can encounter PvP enemies, of any level, usually high level LOL.

There are also BattleGrounds, or BG's, that are a smaller shared area, and are level limited. This means you can PvP at lvl 25, for example, and know that in your BG, no-one can be much over you (BG's went in groups of 5 levels each when I played). A good system.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.