Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA Online, an unknown game? (The Exiled Realm of Arborea)

LocienLocien Member Posts: 87

I've been following this game called TERA Online for quite some time now and I actually only found out of it because I was intentionally browsing through games under development. Whenever I've asked friends if they've heard of TERA Online they say they don't even recognize the name and the same can be seen all around the internet. Let's put STO and SWTOR aside since they're in a completely different genre, but Blade and Soul and FFXIV which started development after TERA and both have less information available seem to be completely known by everyone. Of course NCsoft and Square Enix are more known among gamers but I still find it kind of strange.

Edit: Btw, the full name of the game is The Exiled Realm of Arborea.

So I was wondering if you guys have ever heard of TERA and taken a look at it?

Comments

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

I know loads of people that are eagerly waiting for the game to launch and it really isn't that unknown its just a matter of fact of the other games you listed are based on already popular IPs or have one awesome trailer.

• krowxxviikrowxxvii Member Posts: 177

One guy posted a few wallpapers of TERA in the user photos section of MMORPG.com a few months back. That was the first I heard of it. Have been taking a peek at their website from time to time.

a bunch of TERA screenshots posted by a member of MMORPG.com

You can't use the tools if you don't know they exist...
    http://www.ic3.gov - Internet Crime Complaint Center - Report cyber crimes to the FBI.

http://www.spamcop.net - SpamCop.net - Report spam and scam emails.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/ - Network Solutions WHOIS - Investigate and reveal suspcious websites.

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

A lot of people know about this game, at least a lot of mmo players. Most are kinda skeptical of another Korean MMO though, they all have their standard awesome graphics + huge grinds. Personally if I don't get into a beta i'll wait for a trial of the game, i've been burned to many times by these Korean games even if it isn't an NCsoft title. 

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

I've been following TERA online for a bit now and am very much looking forward to it.

It originally was to be Lineage 3, but the people working on it left NC and - so the story goes - "stole" the code for what would become TERA. I have a difficult time believing that's the real reason personally... but hey, who knows.

NCSoft had said they were going to start from scratch on their own engine instead of using Unreal 3 tech (which is what TERA is built on)... so yeah... there's a bit of a history of how TERA came into being and all that jazz.

But yeah, I'm definitely following it.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I too have been following Tera for quite some time. It is my most anticipated mmo this year. For more info visite www.tera-online.com/

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

i'm also some what looking forward to Tera mainly because of the cross hair targeting. i like that alot better than the tab target with random numbers telling me i missed or that the other guy dodged. if i miss its because i missed and if he dodged its because the mob actually dodged my attack.

• LocienLocien Member Posts: 87
    Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

A lot of people know about this game, at least a lot of mmo players. Most are kinda skeptical of another Korean MMO though, they all have their standard awesome graphics + huge grinds. Personally if I don't get into a beta i'll wait for a trial of the game, i've been burned to many times by these Korean games even if it isn't an NCsoft title. 

I can assure you that TERA is a lot different since I've played it in an early focus group test, can't go into detail though because of a stupid stupid NDA :(

But at the same time I can't say I haven't enjoyed Korean MMOs in the past, namely Ragnarok Online and Lineage 2.

Ah yes, the NCsoft stolen code incident. In the end we will never know what happened unless NCsoft opens up about it.

• minix2poominix2poo Member Posts: 49

Yeah sure a lot of ppl already know about that game. MMORPG.COM is more oriented to western style MMO games. So you dont find ,uch info abut that game here. On other MMO related sites that are more oriented to asian MMOs you find a lot of info about that game.

Anyways the graphics are great.  N/A server is coming. It will be P2P. And it has a nontargeting combat system.

The only point that I dislike so far is that the genders are locked in relation  to the classes. For example, if you wanna play  a sorcerer, you must play a female char.

Well, anyways I will give it a try.

• LocienLocien Member Posts: 87
    Originally posted by minix2poo

Yeah sure a lot of ppl already know about that game. MMORPG.COM is more oriented to western style MMO games. So you dont find ,uch info abut that game here. On other MMO related sites that are more oriented to asian MMOs you find a lot of info about that game.
    Anyways the graphics are great.  N/A server is coming. It will be P2P. And it has a nontargeting combat system.
    The only point that I dislike so far is that the genders are locked in relation  to the classes. For example, if you wanna play  a sorcerer, you must play a female char.

No, that's not true. They haven't finished working on all the character models for all classes and races. That's why certain races only can choose from certain classes and races in the videos. This is going to change and all races will be able to choose from all class and gender combinations, except for Barakas because they are genderless.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

It looks good, but for me to even consider it, it must beat ffxiv on the release date.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409

I have been following it myself for quite some time now. I wanted to get in on the focus group but was too late. Anyways. I've been to site to site and all I know is that for one, the races and classes or NOT gender locked. The cross hair targeting system is going to be a great combat feature to those who actually employ PvP skill. And a reason to piss and moan for those who love spam macro'ing with their auto-targeting system. Its like a fighting game. If you suck, well, then you suck. The Unreal Engine is going to make a lot of us either buy a new GPU or Crossfire/SLI our current ones. But it is worth it in my opinion to have the graphics along with great game play. The classes are really interesting. The warrior seems more like an assassin. And as far as environment, from many sources I've been told that it is a seamless free roaming world kind of like WoW. And if they are smart they would make it that way. Who wants to be restricted by invisible walls and loading screens. There's a lot more to this game, but if you want to know more then just go to the official site and also there is a fan site called Tera Source.

Getting too old for this $&17!

• minix2poominix2poo Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by Locien

Originally posted by minix2poo

No, that's not true. They haven't finished working on all the character models for all classes and races. That's why certain races only can choose from certain classes and races in the videos. This is going to change and all races will be able to choose from all class and gender combinations, except for Barakas because they are genderless.

If its not gender locked thats good news for me anyways. Its been a while already that I constantly followed news related to this game and that time it was EXPECTED to become gender locked. Anyways good news thnx for info

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

I haven't taken a look into this game yet (I will), but I had to lol at the armor wearing panda bear in the posted screenshots. You gotta love those asians.

• Krn_AssassinKrn_Assassin Member Posts: 581
    Originally posted by Locien

Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

I can assure you that TERA is a lot different since I've played it in an early focus group test, can't go into detail though because of a stupid stupid NDA :(

But at the same time I can't say I haven't enjoyed Korean MMOs in the past, namely Ragnarok Online and Lineage 2.

Ah yes, the NCsoft stolen code incident. In the end we will never know what happened unless NCsoft opens up about it.

Supposedly 3 workers from Blue Hole Studios need to pay a $500,000 fine each for releasing the codes to a Japanese company.