Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Preorder goodies getting a little out of hand?

1235»

Comments

• ManarixManarix Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by Blurr

If you don't like it, go make your own MMO. Stop trying to ruin our fun and let us enjoy the game or not as we see fit.

I dont like the way you respond. I have checked on a few of your answers and they are provocative and rude to say the least.

These forums are here to discuss opinions, also different ones than the one you voice.

Currently playing browser games. Waiting for Albion Online, Citadel of Sorcery and Camelot Unchained.
    Played: almost all MMO pre 2007

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362

just an fyi cryptic has not at all said the elements offered in pre orders will either not be avail at some point in the game or their sto store...so instead of bashing cryptic may be you should laud them for finally doing something right in terms of securing an ip and doing it justice.  and maybe its just me but aren't the mods giving certian trolls here alot more lee way than they should?  Personally wheter you liek trek or not just the buzz from beta sounds like there will be something in this mmo for everyone

so say we all

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056
    Originally posted by cylon8

just an fyi cryptic has not at all said the elements offered in pre orders will either not be avail at some point in the game or their sto store.
    Have they said they WILL be available later? In-game? For actually playing the game?
    ..so instead of bashing cryptic may be you should laud them for finally doing something right in terms of securing an ip and doing it justice.
    Well, in my opinion, they are not doing it justice. Not even close. Your opinion might differ.
     and maybe its just me but aren't the mods giving certian trolls here alot more lee way than they should?  Personally wheter you liek trek or not just the buzz from beta sounds like there will be something in this mmo for everyone

There's lots of buzz. Some positive, and some negative.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

just an fyi cryptic has not at all said the elements offered in pre orders will either not be avail at some point in the game or their sto store...so instead of bashing cryptic may be you should laud them for finally doing something right in terms of securing an ip and doing it justice.

Cryptic is not deserving of any laud yet.   Purely from an objective standpoint, we dont know if cryptic has done this ip justice yet.  That is certainly debatable, with the game not having been launched, and the ability to experience the breadth and depth of game-play juxtaposed to other products in the same genre.

• BlurrBlurr Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Manarix

If you don't like it, go make your own MMO. Stop trying to ruin our fun and let us enjoy the game or not as we see fit.

I dont like the way you respond. I have checked on a few of your answers and they are provocative and rude to say the least.

These forums are here to discuss opinions, also different ones than the one you voice.

I don't like the way you respond either. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, eh? I'll stick to the facts and you can stick to whatever it is you use.

I notice that it's quite convenient how some people just turn a blind eye when people essentially admit to being a troll, because they're more interested in getting help bashing a game.

I stand by my suggestion. If someone thinks they're the number one expert on what's best in an MMO, they should make their own MMO and put up or shut up, as it were. As opposed to just admittedly bashing every game for no apparent reason.

"Because it's easier to nitpick something than to be constructive." -roach5000

Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

just an fyi cryptic has not at all said the elements offered in pre orders will either not be avail at some point in the game or their sto store.
    Have they said they WILL be available later? In-game? For actually playing the game? Nobody's really worried about this except for you. I'm sorry if you want the "preorder bonus" without actually preordering, but that's life.
    ..so instead of bashing cryptic may be you should laud them for finally doing something right in terms of securing an ip and doing it justice.
    Well, in my opinion, they are not doing it justice. Not even close. Your opinion might differ. And your opinion might be the most biased and wrong opinion out there. Many people are happy with the game as well. Perhaps you should try it before you make a judgement, like any sane person would do.
     and maybe its just me but aren't the mods giving certian trolls here alot more lee way than they should?  Personally wheter you liek trek or not just the buzz from beta sounds like there will be something in this mmo for everyone

There's lots of buzz. Some positive, and some negative. Funny how most of the "negative" buzz seems to come from a few key posters in these forums... Any thoughts?

• ManarixManarix Member UncommonPosts: 98

I'll stick to the facts and you can stick to whatever it is you use.

Another rude comment. I begin to see why some think you are an employee. Just here to "win" the discussion it seems , by any means possible.

I have been around longer than you son, so calling yourself the expert in MMO land just makes me smile. And apart from that, i will hold to my opinion that companies ruined the pureness of early MMO; with their preorders, gadgets, RMT etc etc. Early games didn't need that garbage and still did fine money wise. Simply because they were well made, and enjoyable to play.

I hope you will enjoy StarTrek, i really do. Personally i will read these forums for a few months after release and see if the game is worth my  money.

Currently playing browser games. Waiting for Albion Online, Citadel of Sorcery and Camelot Unchained.
    Played: almost all MMO pre 2007

Originally posted by Manarix

I begin to see why some think you are an employee. Cool, here's your tin-foil hat!
    I have been around longer than you son, Really? Cause it says you registered here only in 2007. I actually thought better of the dutch, maybe people are just rude where you come from, but you don't go around calling people son, it just makes you sound like an old person trying to insult a younger person. Plus my Dad certainly has more sense than to try and pull a silly argument like yours. Also I know people older than you who have said they quite enjoy STO. Now what?
    so calling yourself the expert in MMO land just makes me smile.  Well I've never claimed this, but if you're bestowing the title I graciously accept.
    And apart from that, i will hold to my opinion that companies ruined the pureness of early MMO; with their preorders, gadgets, RMT etc etc. Early games didn't need that garbage and still did fine money wise. Simply because they were well made, and enjoyable to play. Maybe you don't know early games as well as you think you do, perhaps a trip down memory lane might do you some good. EQ Legends, for example. Also, this is what we call 'progress'. Don't forget to start your stories with "In my day, we had to walk two miles in the snow, uphill both ways.."
    I hope you will enjoy StarTrek, i really do. Personally i will read these forums for a few months after release and see if the game is worth my  money. You'd be surprised how many people will bash the game without even having played it, see this thread for details.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by ktanner3

It  never has made any sense, but it has never stopped folks from doing it anyways. They have their agenda and since they can't get away with it on an official forum they come here.

My agenda is to keep players from being scammed by the companies shoveling out garbage with IP frosting.

Thanks for at least admitting that you have an agenda.The problem is you seem to think that every game is a scam or garbage. Is there ANY game out now or in development that doesn't look like garbage compared to your high and mighty standards? I know that STO and TOR doesn't pass the MMO Doubter test, so what game does? Is there one?

Are you seriously suggesting that no one who posts here is doing so to improve sales of this game? That no companies have employees posting on game fora to do positive PR for what they are selling?

I'm sure there are. But when you accuse someone like myself with a long post history of positive and negative comments in mutliple games of being an employee for one company then forgive me if I start to laugh and poke fun at your craziness.

I never said everyone was. Are you saying no one is?

Nope. But you have a tendacy to accuse those that disagree with you of being one so what other conclusion are we supposed to come to?

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459

Originally posted by ktanner3

It  never has made any sense, but it has never stopped folks from doing it anyways. They have their agenda and since they can't get away with it on an official forum they come here.

My agenda is to keep players from being scammed by the companies shoveling out garbage with IP frosting.

Are you seriously suggesting that no one who posts here is doing so to improve sales of this game? That no companies have employees posting on game fora to do positive PR for what they are selling?

I never said everyone was. Are you saying no one is?

My guess is that it's the same number as those who are trying to cast DOUBT to detract from sales for the benefit of some other company. 

So what do I win for having a winning guess? 

• darkrose50darkrose50 Member Posts: 11

A "free" item that is part of a currency transaction, is not free. The pre-order items are not free. Pre-order items are part of a paid package deal.

A pre-order is a carrot on a stick devised to avoid loss from over or under stocking a game on the retailers shelf.  I do not see a problem with the practice as it tends to support brick and mortar stores in the local community.

If in a year or so those items find the way into the game, than everyone wins. I am sure a time limit on these carrots-on-a-stick are covered in the contracts.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by darkrose50

A "free" item that is part of a currency transaction, is not free. The pre-order items are not free. Pre-order items are part of a paid package deal.
    A pre-order is a carrot on a stick devised to avoid loss from over or under stocking a game on the retailers shelf.  I do not see a problem with the practice as it tends to support brick and mortar stores in the local community.
    If in a year or so those items find the way into the game, than everyone wins. I am sure a time limit on these carrots-on-a-stick are covered in the contracts.

Seeing as how you, me and many others have already pointed this out and the OP has decided to ignore it I can only conclude that this thread was started for the sake of something to bitch about.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft