Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of returning

I and a friend played FFXI a few months back and absolutely loved it. I leveled several classes into the 30's and still remember how awesome the grouping and leveling can be.

The reason we left is because of how hard it was to get gil. We were always spending more time getting gil than we were leveling and it was just a big pain.

After trying out WoW, which was just not for us, we have come to 2 choices, EQII or FFXI. I was wondering if any of you could help me out for a second and answer a couple of questions.

Is making gil any easier than it was during release? Like do you have to farm for a whole week or two to get the emp's hairpin? (And for reference I usually play 1-3 hours a day on average) Are groups easy to find or is it still an average of an hour wait? And now for the real kicker, I ended my account I think almost a year ago ( I honestly can't remember, had a lot of stuff happen and time has just flying by), so would my characters still be there or are they probably erased?

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Rearranged some info.

Comments

• GoshinGoshin Member Posts: 4

Hi ummm I haven't played in a while well for about a week or 2 but i can answer some of your questions.

Making gil is easy but knowing how to do it is hard thats why people made different guides that help them make gil faster i suggest u check one out and see which is better. I don't form so I don't know. Waiting for parties is still a pain unless you are a whm then ppl will ask you to join. As for your char, I really don't know if it will still be there.

• NarcheNarche Member Posts: 3
    Your character won't still be there ,it has been deleted if your account has been inactive for 3 months.  Also, you'll have to buy another copy of FFXI, because you won't be able to register your account using the same registration key. image   Check your manual it says all this in there.
  • ZoldenZolden Member Posts: 15

Oh wow, I thought I read about that a while ago but heard it was just a crock. I thought I heard that people did successfully come back.

I was ready to install it all up again and play once more, but if that's the case oh well. I'll just have to make do with my sony station all access pass.

• vladracvladrac Member Posts: 72

I just reinstalled my FF11 and haven't played in about 3 months, NO problems, and my charecter was still there :) You will have NO problem as long as you didnt cancel your Play online account, and just canceled your content id :)

-=<VlaDrak>=-
    www.sugarfist.com

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

That is very lame how SOE cannot hold your character for more than 3 months. You would think that people who grind up to 40-50 would deserve a break and not have their toon deleted.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• Im dont thing they Delete Char O_O! because, just why they would delete your char? char are on a content ID , if your char is deleted its because your Content ID is too!!!and if content id is deleted ( wish i dont even know how you can because the only option is cancel) isnt that mean your account is deleted too?? and if your account is Deleted that mean you need to get another CD-key to create a new one because they will surely say that this CD-key is already used ...that come to buy a new box O_O too much trouble to Square , and i even thing that there a part in the contract where its rite that if your account is deleted or char or WTV because of square you can request a Play time pay back or something like that !!!! WOA im kind of lost in all i said!