Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No new races is really disappointing

124»

Comments

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969
    Originally posted by neonaka

Originally posted by zanfire

Yeah that's what I am a troll
    For what?
    Having an opinion that differs from yours?
    gg

but just to give a quick example (not sure why you are basing an MMO {not offline rpg} by just the characters, wich are purely cosmetic) but anyways have you played FFTA, FFTA2, FFXII? they all have the same races, based in the same world...so you must hate them....how about ff1-10, thy all basicly had just humans ...so you must hate them for that...sad attempt to troll.....seriously

make a logical argument and we shall go from there.

Because what you say isn't logical, as it seems you have not even played any of the FF games yourself. Most of them do have humanoid races. FF9 being the exception, and I guess you could say 7 since red13 was an animal. That is beside the point.

Also it was fine to continue a story as in tactics or FFX and X2.

BUT

If you take a FF game, and you have 5 races, and 5 years or so later you make a NEW FF GAME and the ONLY THING you change is removing the Galkas TAIL and the other 4 out of 5 races look IDENTICAL to another game you made. That is lazy and incompetent garbage. I am sorry.

They didn't even spruce them up at all, I mean they basically took the damn game files from 11 and high ressed them some and pasted them into the 14 game file folder. G A R B A G E.

exactly all the games has "humanoids" in them, and hell ALOT of them had nothing BUT "humanoids" so you just have to hate all those games for basicly copying the first game. 

You are just doing what I have seen many do in this post already, trying to twist and manipulate the post of others, because they do not agree with you.

I don't care that you wanna play this game or not, and I don't care that you like recycled garbage. That is fine with me. Enjoy it.

Just because most of the protagonist in the FF games were a humanoid race, many of the FF games has many different types of creative mobs and characters in them. Yoshitaka Amano is one of the greatest artist on planet earth.

I do not hate the other games because they were different, Did you play Cloud in FF 1-12 as the main character? Nope.

Did you fight Sephiroth and Shinra in FF 1-12... Nope. Each and every character from all of the games looked different and had different characteristics.

FFXI you play a Hume, Mithra, Galka, Elvaan, and TaruTaru

FFXIV you play a Hume, Mithra, Galka, Elvaan, and TaruTaru

See my point now?

nope cause in one game i can play a taru named squeeknutz as the main character, and in the other play a galka named Bombstickz...tottlay diffrent characters and adventure =)

...i win

• skoreanimeskoreanime Member Posts: 219

Yeah that's what I am a troll
    For what?
    Having an opinion that differs from yours?
    gg

but just to give a quick example (not sure why you are basing an MMO {not offline rpg} by just the characters, wich are purely cosmetic) but anyways have you played FFTA, FFTA2, FFXII? they all have the same races, based in the same world...so you must hate them....how about ff1-10, thy all basicly had just humans ...so you must hate them for that...sad attempt to troll.....seriously

make a logical argument and we shall go from there.

Because what you say isn't logical, as it seems you have not even played any of the FF games yourself. Most of them do have humanoid races. FF9 being the exception, and I guess you could say 7 since red13 was an animal. That is beside the point.

Also it was fine to continue a story as in tactics or FFX and X2.

BUT

If you take a FF game, and you have 5 races, and 5 years or so later you make a NEW FF GAME and the ONLY THING you change is removing the Galkas TAIL and the other 4 out of 5 races look IDENTICAL to another game you made. That is lazy and incompetent garbage. I am sorry.

They didn't even spruce them up at all, I mean they basically took the damn game files from 11 and high ressed them some and pasted them into the 14 game file folder. G A R B A G E.

exactly all the games has "humanoids" in them, and hell ALOT of them had nothing BUT "humanoids" so you just have to hate all those games for basicly copying the first game. 

You are just doing what I have seen many do in this post already, trying to twist and manipulate the post of others, because they do not agree with you.

I don't care that you wanna play this game or not, and I don't care that you like recycled garbage. That is fine with me. Enjoy it.

Just because most of the protagonist in the FF games were a humanoid race, many of the FF games has many different types of creative mobs and characters in them. Yoshitaka Amano is one of the greatest artist on planet earth.

I do not hate the other games because they were different, Did you play Cloud in FF 1-12 as the main character? Nope.

Did you fight Sephiroth and Shinra in FF 1-12... Nope. Each and every character from all of the games looked different and had different characteristics.

FFXI you play a Hume, Mithra, Galka, Elvaan, and TaruTaru

FFXIV you play a Hume, Mithra, Galka, Elvaan, and TaruTaru

See my point now?

My God, you have got to be kidding me.  Not even going to try XIV because they have similar races?

I guess you've decided to forsake every other MMO then too. 

WTF!!!  There's a humanoid type race in the game?!  FAIL!

WTF!!!  There's an elvaan type race in the game?!  FAIL!

WTF!!!  There's a gnome/dwarf type race in the game?!  FAIL!

WTF!!!  This race looks too much like that race from another game!  FAIL!

Every single game that comes out will have characters that are just reiterations from previous ones.  Get over it.  If SE came out with completely new races, it wouldn't be long until we figure out they were based on some previous work. 

SE has emphasized the big differences between races is mainly just for visual show.

The game uses similar races from a previous game...the game is absolutely the same in every aspect because they look TOO ALIKE!  Blasphemy!

• neonakaneonaka Member UncommonPosts: 779

What I can't get my head around, is how so many people fail to understand what they are seeing in the making here.

Let's see if I can make it simplier.

This will be Hypothetical -

Im gonna use the characters from FF7 since most people know them the best unless they are true FF Fans.

FF18 comes out Jan 1st 2011. Takes place on Asura. Lush Green lands typical MMO Fantasy Setting.

Races (meaning each player will look like a variation of this character with the ability to maybe change height and haircolor)

Cloud

Barrett

Cid

Tifa

Sephiroth

FF19 comes out Jan 1st 2015. Takes place on Azura. Lush Green lands typical MMO Fantasy Setting.

Races (meaning each player will look like a variation of this character with the ability to maybe change height and haircolor)

Cloud

Barrett

Cid

Tifa

Sephiroth

Yep, that is basically what Square just did.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

hahahaha, this conversation is pure win!

Using the same races as FFXI but with some very nice physical changes is the best thing SE could have done!  Also there is no SE formula that they always change everything in every FF they release...its their IP and they can do whatever they damn well please.

Tis sad that you're upset cause the races are all the same so far, big F'n deal...

EDIT: In response to above post....and your point is what!?  Its Square-Enix, its Final Fantasy...I'd still play it no matter what, the races being the same make no difference.

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969

What I can't get my head around, is how so many people fail to understand what they are seeing in the making here.

Im gonna use the characters from FF7 since most people know them the best unless they are true FF Fans.

FF18 comes out Jan 1st 2011. Takes place on Asura. Lush Green lands typical MMO Fantasy Setting.
    Cloud
    Barrett
    Cid
    Tifa
    Sephiroth
    FF19 comes out Jan 1st 2015. Takes place on Azura. Lush Green lands typical MMO Fantasy Setting.
    Cloud
    Barrett
    Cid
    Tifa
    Sephiroth

well the fact they there are some changes and the other fact that you CREATE the charcter makes huge diffrence. i mean this isnt new, look at other MMOs (eq1 to eq2 or asherons call1 to AC2, Linage 1 to linage 2, and 99% likely guildwars will have old races and some new ones) you have to stop treating this like a single player game, MMOs are ALOT diffrent from the single player RPGs.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Please, never play this game. Please.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • swalker23swalker23 Member Posts: 266

Cloud
    Barrett
    Cid
    Tifa
    Sephiroth
    Cloud
    Barrett
    Cid
    Tifa
    Sephiroth

I don't mind as long as its a new story and adventure.  They could have used the same exact look and name, I would still buy and play it.  I'm not getting this game because of the character models I'm getting it to play with friends, meet new people, dive into a new world/story, and I loved FFXI so much.  I think you are making a huge mistake not even playing the game because of something trivial as that but hey its your life you do what you want to do.  Only one thing I would slightly agree with you on is that not all FF games were great.  FFX-2 made my eyes bleed but I manage to finish it though.

• ant211ant211 Member Posts: 54

the images we have seen so far arent even beta yet, im sure they will change alot of things from now until the game is ready for release.

i guess im too big of a fan of ffxi which is why i welcome the familiarity of the races - i hit the roof with excitement when i saw the new videos, seeing the characters i have become acustomed to all graphically enhanced.