Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

*Crafting* MMO

2»

Comments

• MurashuMurashu Member UncommonPosts: 1,386

SWG had the best crafting system of any game I have ever played. You could create items with multiple grades of resources and they all effected your end component differently so a lot of thought went into each crafting process.

Vanguard had a pretty complicated crafting system but it was just tedious grinding after a while.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by docsaintly

I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I've actually played all three of these.
    Personally, I found Fallen Earth to be VERY disappointing.
    It got hyped up so much, yet I spent two hours in the game and didn't get to touch a shred of crafting. When I asked the community about it, they basically said "That's how it is" and that I shouldn't expect things to move fast. Sure, I like the idea of being able to craft while offline (one of the things that kept me hooked on EVE), but i don't want it to be a "side" thing that I have to wait a few days for (the reason I finally left EVE).
    Ryzom - I couldn't agree more about it being a bit grindy. Really the reason I left is that all the friends i made in my short time of playing the game dispersed while the game was going through its most recent change of hands.
    Vanguard - Another game I was sorely disappointed with. It was touting the best crafting system in all the reviews, but when you go to do it, it's just another mini-game crafting system.

And yea I know ATITD is a dedicated crafting MMO (the reason I left), but really it wouldn't be hard to implement into ANY game. It's just that all the game creators treat crafting as an afterthought. ~Sigh~ If only I made games...

Fallen Earth got hyped up so much??? when and where was I when this happend?

Anyway if you truly are intrested in crafting I suggest to take a different look at it. Yes you can craft items offline, but you do not need to, also saying in those 2 hourse you didn't experiance any crafting only shows you didn't really play the game as in the extended training you get your hands on some basics in crafting.

Also with FE you do not have to be standing still to craft, you can do what ever you feel like doing, meaing you can explore, hunt, kill, meet people, just about anything while your crafting and pending will continue.

Overall I don't think you really want crafting else you would have already seen it in Fallen earth far before you spend 2hours in the game.

To me Fallen Earth has got me in it's crafting, it's the thing I love the most in MMORPG, while it doesn't come close to SWG's crafting it still very good and entertaining, I geuss you might lack patience which I don't understand from someone who supose to be looking for a crafting MMORPG. In Fallen Earth every piece of equipment/weapons/armor/horses/vehicles you name it you can craft it.

Considering crafting a "side" thing in Fallen Earth is rather funny, cause for me it's all about the CRAFT, tho understand you don't have to as people might be intrested in the combat part and buy their items from auction. But if you really want crafting then Fallen Earth would be your game, shame you didn't REALLY play the game apart from I have no idea what you actualy have done in those 2 hours tbh.

I suggest get into the trial, do the tut. then do the extended tut. and you will see crafting basics.

Overall seeing your replies makes me wonder if you are really intrested in crafting tbh.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Originally posted by docsaintly

Alright, I've tried LOTS of MMOs. I'm looking for an MMO that has good, integrated crafting. By integrated, I mean it has to be a main part of the game. The best crafting game i've found thus far is "A Tale in the Desert." You had to "physically" create your own items. Your skill is what dictated the quality of the items, NOT how much of x, y, and z you could gather after you got a specific recipe.
    I want a game where crafting takes skill, and is a desired thing in the community. Perhaps the best stuff can only be crafted so the combat folks have to pay the crafters.
    So to end this rant/plea, I'm tired of the typical MMOs where the crafting is an afterthought and they went with the generic gather/click/create crafting system. PLEASE save me.

eq2 was nice at low lvl.have only played a bit.

aion is a grind fest !do x item elite (very random)then to make the new piece you need the previous elite and if you fail restart from scrat on top off that you got a nice enchant system that too can fail

it so insanelly random ,f2p system like rune of magic is a walk in the park compared this game is made to sell gold to sell you the max item you need nothing more

if you see a fully geared maxed everything ! he either was very lucky!farmed a lot of gold(again good luck on this one)

or bot gold to buy item(easiest)

random is nice but to this extent its ridiculous.

normal grinding just to up your skill to make say armor piece ,on average it 1/8 piece done (thats regular lvl 20 uping crafting to 99

yep 99 time 8

that make a lot of tgold

i was wondering why insanelly lot grinded they crafting last week end

cut grinding in alf so they made in 2 days what normally take 4

but randomness is still there,

for me eq2 is best i saw till when i left the game .might other .one thing is sure aion isnt for me

randomness can only be pushed so far before its completelly silly.

and we dont talk about the crafting cost if your lucky you piece will be worth  more then aion it self .you cant sell it if you do you wont have it for your next evolution of that item and it might take months to craft another noble item

if you like grinding mindlesslly this is the heaven of mmo gaming.

• OthorOthor Member Posts: 14

Just because you can craft everything in Fallen Earth, doesn't mean the crafting system is any good, or that their is any point to crafting those items.  Fallen Earth was a fantastic game for about 3 weeks, then you realise there is nothing at the end of the tunnel and no one wants the stuff you can craft because they can craft it too.

Good luck finding the crafting system you are looking for, if you do find something let us all know though.

• LansidLansid Member UncommonPosts: 1,097
    Originally posted by lordzelman

eq2 had awesome crafting. i knew ppl that just crafted all day..

Though my time playing the game wasn't past the first free month at release, I was one of those people. Minus the spontaneous combustion part, it was pretty fun. I guess it's better now and with less sudden death too.

"There is only one thing of which I am certain, and that's nothing is certain."

• trieditalltrieditall Member UncommonPosts: 49

Although Istaria (Horizons) has the usual "gather/craft/level" grind, the crafted items are the usable items in game (also it has a cool auto deconstruct feature).  There are also gear/weapons dropped as loot but the crafted items are better.  An added feature to the crafting is that bonuses are added by use of mob dropped resources and by use of components which are crafted by other trade types (meaning that when you craft a weapon with bonuses, for example, you will need some crafted items from a scholar or spellcrafter).  Also, the formulae from tier 4 and higher are only dropped by mobs.  Check out this hcc.reclamation.dk/  It is a crafting calculator which shows all possible crafted items, bonuses that can be added, resources required, skill type and level required.  There are many craft schools to choose from or you can multiclass as many as you want.  I hope this helps.  Good luck with your search!

• LansidLansid Member UncommonPosts: 1,097
    Originally posted by trieditall

Although Istaria (Horizons) has the usual "gather/craft/level" grind, the crafted items are the usable items in game (also it has a cool auto deconstruct feature).  There are also gear/weapons dropped as loot but the crafted items are better.  An added feature to the crafting is that bonuses are added by use of mob dropped resources and by use of components which are crafted by other trade types (meaning that when you craft a weapon with bonuses, for example, you will need some crafted items from a scholar or spellcrafter).  Also, the formulae from tier 4 and higher are only dropped by mobs.  Check out this hcc.reclamation.dk/  It is a crafting calculator which shows all possible crafted items, bonuses that can be added, resources required, skill type and level required.  There are many craft schools to choose from or you can multiclass as many as you want.  I hope this helps.  Good luck with your search!

omg I thought this game died... neat!

"There is only one thing of which I am certain, and that's nothing is certain."