Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: A Twilight MMO: Why the Hate?

167891012»

Comments

• AlienShirtAlienShirt Member UncommonPosts: 621

Twilight does not convert well into a MMOrpg. If the want to make a Twilight expansion of the Sims sure but anything else besides that is going to be a failure.

• Zook81Zook81 Member Posts: 96

Would you make an MMO based  on some random persons deepest sexual desires?

Cause thats what you'd be doing if you made a twilight mmo.

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829

c'mon guys Twilight is OK............. if you are a 13 year old girl who has no idea wtf a vampire is supposed to be....

• SavageoneSavageone Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by Katilla

c'mon guys Twilight is OK............. if you are a 13 year old girl who has no idea wtf a vampire is supposed to be....

Do any of us "really" know what a vampire looks like?Or how they are suppose to act.

I am sure they all don't look like Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt or the cast of Twilight.

Originally posted by Savageone

Do any of us "really" know what a vampire looks like?Or how they are suppose to act.

I am sure they all don't look like Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt or the cast of Twilight.

"The vampire of modern fiction was born in 1819 with the publication of The Vampyre by John Polidori."

i hate when people try to argue with me about vampires in this way to defend twilight. It's like saying that frankenstein was a 2 foot tall woman with purple hair, or that dragons do not breath fire.  FFS just read up on history and literature and see that Vampires portrayed  in this crappy movie are nothing like they are "supposed" to be. and they sure as hell are not supposed to "sparkle" in the sun lol.

• darkb457darkb457 Member CommonPosts: 47

"The vampire of modern fiction was born in 1819 with the publication of The Vampyre by John Polidori."

i hate when people try to argue with me about vampires in this way to defend twilight. It's like saying that frankenstein was a 2 foot tall woman with purple hair, or that dragons do not breath fire.  FFS just read up on history and literature and see that Vampires portrayed  in this crappy movie are nothing like they are "supposed" to be. and they sure as hell are not supposed to "sparkle" in the sun lol.

Actually, vampires, like zombies, have been portrayed in various different ways. The only near-absolute feature about them is they drink blood, even this has been tampered with at least once. And actually there are at least 2 types that have been completely one person, both capable of surviving in sunlight at least as well as humans. In fact, the vampires in Twilight are actually more like that mythical hybrid, all the strengths, none of the weaknesses, like Blade... what were they?

• VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by darkb457

Actually, vampires, like zombies, have been portrayed in various different ways. The only near-absolute feature about them is they drink blood, even this has been tampered with at least once. And actually there are at least 2 types that have been completely one person, both capable of surviving in sunlight at least as well as humans. In fact, the vampires in Twilight are actually more like that mythical hybrid, all the strengths, none of the weaknesses, like Blade... what were they?

Dhampir. Blade actually got the short end of the stick though. Dhampir tend to be extremely long lived, if not immortal (in the sense they can't die from age or disease) like their vampire sires, but Blade was mortal.

They sparkle? Omg, please tell me Sillius from SOE wasn't the director of that movie. :P He so ruined Vanguard with the "sparkly" crap.

I have no theories either way on vampires. It seems so silly to me to have teenage vampires running around half nude no doubt like every other teen flick out there. Btw, I for one am not defending that movie. Hollywood very rarely puts anything out I want to spend money on at the movie house. Last good thing I saw was Serenity and Master and Commander. Everything else I wait for it to show up on tv. I will look into his book you recommend, next time I go to the library.

• QuagliaQuaglia Member Posts: 60

"Pseudo-sapphic" = pseudo-lesbian

... think you used the wrong word here. There's no gay love in TW serie.

• Arlana75Arlana75 Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by majinant

New Moon (the second movie in the Twilight series) has grossed to date well over 250 million dollars at the box office....

Man are you behind. It has already grossed over 663.4 million dollars!

Hardly a feat , converting to todays dollars worldwide gone with the wind(1939) made about 3 billion, and Star wars (1977) madw about 2.7 billion worldwide ticket sales adjusted to todays currency value.

Addition 663 million is only about 90 million tickets.. if 50 of them loved the movie that should get you a good 700k to 3m initial subs, but how long would they stay.

• nocturunocturu Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by brostyn

Why the hate on Twilight? Are you serious?

Some moron comes up with an idea about fairy vampires that glitter in sunlight and make love to tweens, and you ask WHY THE HATE?

Vampires are blood sucking killers, that DON'T GLITTER IN THE SUN. They BURN. They don't fall in loves with tweens, they don't take on the vampire nation, and the certainly DO NOT GLITTER IN SUNLIGHT.

This book/movie has effectively killed vampire lore that has existed for thousands of years. Vampires will no longer be seen as blood sucking, vicious killers. They will be known as glittery, wonderful majestic creatures that fall in love with tweens.

Yeah, and certainly they live more than two hundred years to know that chicks are just sex and blood, not girly-tween-trash romance. And also glitter in the sun, fall in love with tweens and take on vampire nation are really the top-ever-whatever shit of the world. The worst: THIS CRAP SELLS AND SOME GUYS LIKE THIS PIECE O' ... "

@Savageone and Katilla

Twilight are the worst book-series of the world, remember at old, very old times that just say the name of an character know as Dracula give fear to people who already heard the name. Today, if you say vampire, they'll think that we are talking of an piece'o'crap like digimon.

Vampires are not love, are blood. Thats why the game suck, the book suck, the movie suck ,also the author and who read, see, or protect sucks too.

Originally posted by nocturu

Some moron comes up with an idea about fairy vampires that glitter in sunlight and make love to tweens, and you ask WHY THE HATE?

Vampires are blood sucking killers, that DON'T GLITTER IN THE SUN. They BURN. They don't fall in loves with tweens, they don't take on the vampire nation, and the certainly DO NOT GLITTER IN SUNLIGHT.

This book/movie has effectively killed vampire lore that has existed for thousands of years. Vampires will no longer be seen as blood sucking, vicious killers. They will be known as glittery, wonderful majestic creatures that fall in love with tweens.

Yeah, and certainly they live more than two hundred years to know that chicks are just sex and blood, not girly-tween-trash romance. And also glitter in the sun, fall in love with tweens and take on vampire nation are really the top-ever-whatever shit of the world. The worst: THIS CRAP SELLS AND SOME GUYS LIKE THIS PIECE O' ... "

@Savageone and Katilla

Twilight are the worst book-series of the world, remember at old, very old times that just say the name of an character know as Dracula give fear to people who already heard the name. Today, if you say vampire, they'll think that we are talking of an piece'o'crap like digimon.

Vampires are not love, are blood. Thats why the game suck, the book suck, the movie suck ,also the author and who read, see, or protect sucks too.

Dracula was meant to scare people, he was good at it, so I have heard. I personally don't care one way or another if this movie gets made into a mmo. I won't be buying it, not my cup of tea. Just the notion of glorifying and "making them pretty" is utter nonsense. Vampires aren't sexy nor are they suppose to act like some love sick fool just emerging out of puberty. Vampires are dark, evil beings whether they exist or not is up to ones belief. I personally don't think there are any "true ones" just ones who think they are.

Boris was scary as Dracula having been shot in black and white made it even more so.

• fierufieru Member Posts: 3

One of the problems is character creation and naming. Only one female type would ever be made - an unhappy perpetually bitchy brunette girl biting her lip, and there would be 10,000 of her mopeing around named variations of Bell-a, Bella289787, Behla69.. <shudder>

As far as quests; Drop out of Highschool 0/1 ?  .. Get Impregnated by Popular Boy 0/1 ... Stare Out a Window for 280hrs straight 0/280 ?

Come on !

• C0MAC0MA Member Posts: 522

With further review I have determined most of the vampire enthusiasts in this thread have no idea what Twilight is. Other than the sparkly skin crap the vampire(isk) characteristics are very close to that of the casual vampire. The story itself (Twilight) not New Moon is based around Edward or a vampire from a clan of vampires who adapt and stay friendly with humans IE the whole story and all that crap. Now in New Moon you see a more ugly premise of vampires highly resembling what "vampires" are suppose to be. Evil, Blood Thirsty, and powerful. So all of your arguements are based on the point of view of a vampire family trying to fit in and live life as opposed to hide in caves and slaughter any and all bystanders.

Yet no one mentioned the "Were-wolves" from New Moon because no one ****ing watched the movie... they simply just spewed crap out their mouth like it was substituting for their ass. You can be right and will still lose every arguement if you do not even know what you're talking about. Early I said I don't care if they make a Twilight MMO and neither should you, If your not going to play it... who cares how many people are named Bella. Then I watched New Moon and saw that their Were-wolves were just massive wolves/dogs... and have more of a incredible hulk complex IE rage = transform into wolf. I'm not sure how that would be playable as a class but I bet it can be done for a interactive kids game. 

In the end anyone who's a vampire elitist ... go kill yourself, I understand your point but obviously you lack the maturity or business sense to understand why someone would want to bank off of Twilight. You also lack the maturity to say who cares and ignore it if you don't personally prefer it. Too the twilight elitist, enjoy your game if they ever make it... just don't troll every other game forum spewing Twilight crap.

Thank you.

"Sometimes people say stuff they don''t mean, but more often then that they don''t say things they do mean"

Originally posted by nocturu

@Savageone and Katilla

i totally agree with you.

• Nacon4Nacon4 Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by Rollgunner

Originally posted by Zstroyer

Why a Twilight MMORPG would not work?  And why this article is so terrible?
    Because 14 years old girls aren't the driving force behind the video gaming industry.  And because CCP/White Wolf's World of Darkness MMO would stomp it into the ground.  
    C'mon now, what are you smoking?

Yes, but if a Twilight MMO came out, then 14 year old girls might *become* a driving force behind the video game industry...

As a demographic, they have a ridiculously huge amount of disposable income.

I quoted it before, I'll do it again:

George Lucas : "If you can tune into the fantasy life of an 11 year old girl, you can make a fortune in this business."

He was not wrong... and *someone* will be the first to do it in video games.

I agree, and someone *will* do this.  It's only a question of when.

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is the rule." Neitzsche

• kill100577kill100577 Member Posts: 2

Guys think of all the trolling we can do with this game!!!!

• nekollxnekollx Member Posts: 570
    Originally posted by kill100577

Guys think of all the trolling we can do with this game!!!!

the only GOOD Vampire was Nick Knight

There, i said it.