Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How are these Guns? They look more like Fist Weapons of the elements or something

tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

Looks more like Fist Weapons of the Elements or something. Anybody agree?

Comments

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

I'm not 100% sure but if you look at the right arm, it looks to me like you can see a hand gripping what looks like a gun's handle.

So even though the art makes it look like the gun is an extension of the arm like a blade or something, I really think they are guns being held in the hand.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Who cares...it looks awesome. =)

Seriously though, if you watch the races trailer again and pay attention to the char, it looks similar to the guns they fire.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819
    Originally posted by skeaser

Seriously though, if you watch the races trailer again and pay attention to the char, it looks similar to the guns they fire.

Not talking about the video. We alrady know there will be Guns in the game.

but in this picture, it looks like we will be seeing Fist Weapon class as well. IMO

Originally posted by tro44_1

Not talking about the video. We alrady know there will be Guns in the game.

but in this picture, it looks like we will be seeing Fist Weapon class as well. IMO

I'm saying I think the video's guns look like this drawings weapons.

• MattMassacreMattMassacre Member Posts: 182

Who says this is going to be ingame? This picture doesn't look like ingame footage to me. To really know what they look like, we'll have to play right? AND even if that's what the guns look like, doesn't it look pretty damn cool? Hell I'd rather have that than a shotgun any day.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

IMO looks like a melee blade weapon held/attached on the hands. Like Ragnarok Online's Assassin Class, considering the outfit, it's probably a similar concept.

There's probably a name for this kind of weapon holding type but I have no idea.

Originally posted by EricDanie

IMO looks like a melee blade weapon held/attached on the hands. Like Ragnarok Online's Assassin Class, considering the outfit, it's probably a similar concept.
    There's probably a name for this kind of weapon holding type but I have no idea.

Thats why I say its looks to be a Fist Weapon, but people flame and say its a Gun.

BTW poster above, link the video you are talking bout please. and dirrect to the time point where it shows what you were talking about

Thats why I say its looks to be a Fist Weapon, but people flame and say its a Gun.

BTW poster above, link the video you are talking bout please. and dirrect to the time point where it shows what you were talking about

www.guildwars2.com

The races video.

Doesn't have a time hack on the player, after the human intro is the char intro.

The char have big guns that look bladed.

www.guildwars2.com

The races video.

Doesn't have a time hack on the player, after the human intro is the char intro.

Dude/Lady

WTF, thats doesnt look anything close to what is shown in the picture.

We are talking about whats in the picture. if those are Guns or Fist Weapons or Dagger blades or something.

WE ALREADY KNOW GW2 WILL HAVE GUNS

• SmiterOfFoesSmiterOfFoes Member Posts: 23

I don't think these are guns, notice how the hand is holding the weapon, its more like how you would hold a fist weapon, as opposed to how you would hold a gun. But of course, it could just be a reimagining of how a gun should be, even though the charr seem to have your standard looking rifles....

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

I think its both fist and a pistol. Can be used from range and close combat :) So a fist pistol for sure.

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970

They are most likely a version of Katars or something similar.

• colutrcolutr Member Posts: 333

As long as you pull a trigger and shoot something, it doesn't matter what is looks like.

I just decided to blow up the image and get a real good look at it. The way the right arm is done is actually a little odd, but the left hand i would say is definatly a gun. The right hand is a little harder to tell, but I actually think that these are indeed guns. To counter my own point of the charr using more traditional guns, I think that the charr use more traditional looking, while these might be asuran design. Something a little more flashy.

• AnnaxesAnnaxes Member Posts: 1

Most of the gun concept art in GW2 contains guns with some sort of bayonet attached. Guns will probably be useable in range and melee.

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

www.guildwars2.com

The races video.

Dude/Lady

We are talking about whats in the picture. if those are Guns or Fist Weapons or Dagger blades or something.

He is comparing the gun on the picture and the one in the video. Can you please stop rage and flame and you are misunderstanding everything. please nerd, get a life too while your at it.

Originally posted by SweetZoid

www.guildwars2.com

The races video.

Dude/Lady

He is comparing the gun on the picture and the one in the video. Can you please stop rage and flame and you are misunderstanding everything. please nerd, get a life too while your at it.

That was a 2hander Gun. Note the lady in the pic. What does she have in her hands?

We know there will be Guns. Nobody is asking that. We are talking about the Picture. So if that upsets you, then dont read anymore

That was a 2hander Gun. Note the lady in the pic. What does she have in her hands?

We know there will be Guns. Nobody is asking that. We are talking about the Picture. So if that upsets you, then dont read anymore

Just because there are long guns, doesn't mean there can't be handguns as well. Look real closely at how the left hand is drawn, she is holding it like its a handgun.

• Mac_SaladMac_Salad Member Posts: 1

They could be guns but its hard to tell. To me they look like magicle enchanted fist weapons but they could be magicle enchanted hand guns.  If im wrong and they are guns and this picture actually reflects what you can do ingame, duel weilding guns is going to be sick.

• Bael13Bael13 Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by Xerith

They are most likely a version of Katars or something similar.

I agree totally looks like Katars (fist weapons)...

For all we know they could be Elemental Daggers / Swords or whatever. to me you people are getting obsessed with these guns idea (which i'm not overly happy with). I hope guns stay with Charr and humans keep bows and crossbows. But thats my opinion.