Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I return?

xBrandoxBrando Member Posts: 91

Played WoW for about 3 years. Cancelled my account about 7 months ago. I had a lvl 73 hunter.

I'm currently playing LotRO and Aion, but I have the urge to play WoW again.

Should I re-sub or just stick with my other two MMO's?

I quit WoW simply because I got bored with it.

What has been added to the game since I've been gone, because I'm worried I'll re-sub and just get bored of it again within a few weeks.

Thanks.

Comments

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Was ToC out when you quit? If so then all that has been added is the ICC stuff (Raid and 3 dungeons). If that wasn't out then you also have the ToC instance and raid. So if you have an active guild or can get into one it would probably worth it to play again. However, if you aren't into raiding then I'm not sure what else is new (other than the Dungeon Finder instance, which is nice if you haven't done the dungeons before or don't minded grinding instances).

• ArezonArezon Member UncommonPosts: 282

If you weren't around for the new Lood For Dungeon Finder, I would resub. It is so much easier to get in dungeons now than ever before.

I'll leave you with this. Make up your own damn mind.

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805

If you like getting stuff without having to put in any effort then resub.

If not stay away.

• ozy1ozy1 Member Posts: 309

WoW rots your brain!

Play something that makes you use it.

Playing Darkfall EU1 Server

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

I'm considering the same thing as the OP-nothing new has captured my interest so far as WoW did.  APB has possibilities as does FF 14/GW2. But both of those games are not going to be out before years end(if then). Anion did nothing for me which was a major disappointment!

So it looks like I've got to find my old WoW CD's and re-install the game.

• kriebloodkrieblood Member Posts: 223
    Originally posted by xBrando

Played WoW for about 3 years. Cancelled my account about 7 months ago. I had a lvl 73 hunter.

I'm currently playing LotRO and Aion, but I have the urge to play WoW again.
    Should I re-sub or just stick with my other two MMO's?
    I quit WoW simply because I got bored with it.
    What has been added to the game since I've been gone, because I'm worried I'll re-sub and just get bored of it again within a few weeks.

Thanks.

NO

Mortal Online/EarthRise/Project V13
    TheVindicators.com

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Another im sick of WOW and cant find anything as good post. Seems to be a lot of these around. If you cant find another MMO you like you might try single player games. Perhaps a break from gaming all together might help?  Well guess you can go back to WOW but ive been there done that too. Nothing changes. When its not longer fun, its no longer fun. Staying with a game your sick of doesnt make the game get any better. If your like most you continued to play long after the fun disappeared before quitting the first time.

• PheacePheace Member Posts: 2,408

He was 73 ... is it me or does he still have most of the Wotlk expansion of content he hasn't seen?

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

If you have to pander for a reason to play any MMO from others then it's time to take a break, really, no joke. Try getting some games from Steam, for the most part they're cheap and you can find some real gems if you look hard enough. After the next expansion for WoW comes out, then you should consider resubbing to check things out.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221
    Originally posted by Zorndorf

Originally posted by Pheace

He was 73 ... is it me or does he still have most of the Wotlk expansion of content he hasn't seen?

I can't imagine playing for 3 years and only have one level 73...

Well he missed a lot of new PvP and ALL the Raids and 80% of the WotlK dungeons, the tournament, Lake Wintergrasp...

He won't have problems in finding groups though :)))

TY Blizzard, You're welcome dude.

How do you find my new signature btw ? :)))

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509

Well, if OP left 7 months ago due to boredom, its doubtful what ever made it boring has changed much, unless it was the inability to find groups for dungeons, which most certainly changed since he left.

Of course theres been some other improvements (Zorns' good about posting them) but if they weren't enough to entice you before, they might not be now.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• xBrandoxBrando Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by Ramonski7

If you have to pander for a reason to play any MMO from others then it's time to take a break, really, no joke. Try getting some games from Steam, for the most part they're cheap and you can find some real gems if you look hard enough. After the next expansion for WoW comes out, then you should consider resubbing to check things out.

I actually haven't dedicated myself to an MMO for awhile now. I've just been trying diffrent things out.